jcgriff2 07 Sep 2013 17:26

Installed - great add-on!

crazyboy1661 07 Sep 2013 18:41

I too Installed and working gr8. :up:

dawges 08 Sep 2013 03:03

Installed. thanks.

djbaxter 08 Sep 2013 16:42

Very nice.

Note that if you have the IPInfo add-on installed, you will need to disable or uninstall that before this one will work.

RedTurtle 08 Sep 2013 22:39

Is http://freegeoip.net down for anyone else? Just installed this plugin but looks like the site is down where it retrieves its information from.

Any chance this mod could use IPInfoDB? They have a great API and their mapping seems to be much better than other free databases out there. Link to API info here: http://ipinfodb.com/ip_location_api.php

djbaxter 08 Sep 2013 22:56

Yes. Just installed it this afternoon and it's down now. Returning blank values.

I vote for the suggestion above.

Will Watts 08 Sep 2013 23:13

Yes, freegeoip.net looks like it's down. I've updated the tool to use ipinfodb.com instead.

RedTurtle 08 Sep 2013 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Watts (Post 2444266)
Yes, freegeoip.net looks like it's down. I've updated the tool to use ipinfodb.com instead.

Awesome, thanks for the quick fix!

It works really well now -- IPInfoDB has a really quick API and it is blazing fast now on the lookup!

Thanks again!

CoZmicShReddeR 08 Sep 2013 23:48

Now this is an amazingly nice addon that has great value!

blake247 23 Jan 2014 14:39

Works VERY well!

Justinphx 23 Jan 2014 20:25

Nice mod however it isn't very accurate. For example, my Florida IP shows I am Phoenix, AZ and several other known member IP's show random places not even close. Others work perfect though. I went to the website that this mod uses and showed the same results. Perhaps they don't update their database often?

Max Taxable 23 Jan 2014 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justinphx (Post 2476326)
Nice mod however it isn't very accurate. For example, my Florida IP shows I am Phoenix, AZ and several other known member IP's show random places not even close. Others work perfect though. I went to the website that this mod uses and showed the same results. Perhaps they don't update their database often?

None of them work perfect. It's only, ever going to show the location within ten miles, of the service provider's server. NOT, EVER the person's device. That server can be 100s of miles away from the person, or just around the corner. There is no way to tell. Geolocation via IP address is NOT accurate by any stretch.

Justinphx 23 Jan 2014 22:32

I don't expect accurate. Perfect I meant the same state and the correct provider would be nice. Cox Cable Arizona and Comcast Florida is a huge difference. The IP is accurate though but this mod displays maps. The mod is great, it is just the source it is pulling from isn't up to date as much as others.

Max Taxable 23 Jan 2014 22:56

Geolocation is geolocation, doesn't matter the source.