vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=195884

JJ the Fox 27 Dec 2008 13:12

Love these definitions and thanks for your work Digital Jedi. I do have a question, how do I fix this error when IGN videos are posted:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Thanks in advance.

Digital Jedi 28 Dec 2008 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ the Fox (Post 1694687)
Love these definitions and thanks for your work Digital Jedi. I do have a question, how do I fix this error when IGN videos are posted:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Thanks in advance.

Try going into your IGN definition and in the Replacement HTML, escape each of the single quotes ' with a backslash \ and see if that takes care of the problem.

Keesa 28 Dec 2008 17:01

Hi there,

quick question? Does this, when installed, give the option of what to exclude for sites like mine that have age restrictions and cannot have all content embedded?

Danke!

Digital Jedi 29 Dec 2008 00:47

That would be a question to ask in the main modification thread, as this is just extended definitions for that mod. But yes, there are Usergroup permissions. However, you would need to check the documentation on the limitation of the conditionals. I forget exactly what the limitations are since I haven't had cause to implement them yet. But I know there's some small issues related to that.

dogmeatz 29 Dec 2008 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojeunx (Post 1688663)
vBulletin Message

XML Error: No error at Line 0

The error i got while importing the product! What should i do?

I got the same error when I mistakenly clicked a .php file for import

jl255 29 Dec 2008 19:46

my forum has 1.7M posts. how long does installation of AME take??

i'm afraid that it is crashing my server due to the load of the installation but i don't dare to stop it for fear that the midway installation will cause my site to crash. it has been going on for 30 minutes now. what should i do?

if i just stopped installation, will anything happen? how do i uninstall the stuff added to vb_post already??

Digital Jedi 29 Dec 2008 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl255 (Post 1696593)
my forum has 1.7M posts. how long does installation of AME take??

i'm afraid that it is crashing my server due to the load of the installation but i don't dare to stop it for fear that the midway installation will cause my site to crash. it has been going on for 30 minutes now. what should i do?

if i just stopped installation, will anything happen? how do i uninstall the stuff added to vb_post already??

Installation of AME, or import of the definitions? For AME installation, you should be asking that question in AME thread.

subzero06 30 Dec 2008 21:28

How come when i go to Display definitions only shows youtube, myspace, google videos, yahoo and amazon .... what about the other sites like liveleak....etc etc etc

hoangzu 30 Dec 2008 23:30

4 Attachment(s)
Hello DJ,
Thank you for your MOD. I just wonder after I import every thing it very OK. I thought but I try to embed any site like imeem, youtube it show like some picture below . Please give me some advise.
Thank you so much and Happy New Year :)

PS: my vB ver 3.7.4 and AME ver 2.5

Digital Jedi 31 Dec 2008 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzero06 (Post 1697377)
How come when i go to Display definitions only shows youtube, myspace, google videos, yahoo and amazon .... what about the other sites like liveleak....etc etc etc

Sounds like you haven't imported any of these definitions, as you only seem to have the default set that comes with AME. You have to delete those and then import my Master XML.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoangzu (Post 1697451)
Hello DJ,
Thank you for your MOD. I just wonder after I import every thing it very OK. I thought but I try to embed any site like imeem, youtube it show like some picture below . Please give me some advise.
Thank you so much and Happy New Year :)

PS: my vB ver 3.7.4 and AME ver 2.5

Just post the URL to the video like you would ordinarily. You don't paste in the embed code. This converts the links to videos. Your users don't have to do anything else different then what they were doing before.

Digital Jedi 31 Dec 2008 04:39

Well gang, I've been working at this for some time now, and it seems there are some issues with the HD versions of YouTube videos. Previously, YouTube HD and HQ URLs required appending special code to the end of the source of the video. This hasn't changed, but originally, having the special appended code on a video that did not have a corresponding high res video didn't matter. The Standard Def video would play instead. This was perfect for AME, since the best suited option for this, the way RegExes work, was to have one definition for all resolutions.

This is no longer the case with YouTube videos, as now, if the higher resolution video doesn't exist, and the specia code is appended to the source video, the source video can't be found. There are issue with the Regular Expression needed to parse YouTube videos, so a second definition is not working out either. If anyone has found a more tenable solution I'm all ears, because right now, HD and HQ will not be in the next update.

subzero06 31 Dec 2008 06:36

OK,

How to fix the size of the embedded video????, it was working fine with the default one before i installed this plugin....after installed this plugin resized to small....i dont see any option to in the ame cp, so i just went to the youtube definition display and edited the width and height.
I have installed the latest stable version of this plugin and the base....im usin vbulletin 3.7.4

Digital Jedi 31 Dec 2008 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzero06 (Post 1697631)
OK,

How to fix the size of the embedded video????, it was working fine with the default one before i installed this plugin....after installed this plugin resized to small....i dont see any option to in the ame cp, so i just went to the youtube definition display and edited the width and height.
I have installed the latest stable version of this plugin and the base....im usin vbulletin 3.7.4

If your using 2.5 your Height and Width options are right there under Settings in the AME CP.

If you removed the $ameinfo[height] and $ameinfo[width] variables from the YouTube definition, then your global size settings will have no effect on your YouTube videos. This can be a problem if your planning on allowing videos in signatures, profile comments, etc.

subzero06 31 Dec 2008 07:03

No,

I'm using the version 2.0.2 (stable?)
Do you recommend to use 2.5?

hoangzu 31 Dec 2008 07:38

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Jedi (Post 1697478)

Just post the URL to the video like you would ordinarily. You don't paste in the embed code. This converts the links to videos. Your users don't have to do anything else different then what they were doing before.

Thank you DJ for your quick reply,
After I follow your help it OK to embed to imeem playlist, but some where else like imeem music, youtube, yahoo, megavideo ...... they not realy work. Like picture below
Please give me more idea
Do I need to deleted those bb code like imeem music and youtube ?

** Before I install AME, I already add on BB Tags for imeem music, youtube