vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=325955

I would like a hybrid front page
by Hydronix
05 Jan 2018 00:18

Hello.

I would like to switch my entire site onto VB's platform. However I would like to have the root of the site have a look that is very similar to our existing home page with pretty pictures and short texts with the links going to different threads instead of different static pages. Is this remotely possible? I hope I am clear.
https://hydronix.ca

Dave 05 Jan 2018 00:41

That's certainly possible, you don't even have to integrate vBulletin into a frontpage like that as it doesn't seem to load anything that would come from the forums database.

You just keep your forums at the /forums folder, then at the root of your site you just place your (static) index.html/php file with what you have right now.

romaine 02 Feb 2018 06:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydronix (Post 2592080)
Hello.

I would like to switch my entire site onto VB's platform. However I would like to have the root of the site have a look that is very similar to our existing home page with pretty pictures and short texts with the links going to different threads instead of different static pages. Is this remotely possible? I hope I am clear.

It is possible but it needs custom code to make your forum like that. I know this forum https://forumweb.hosting did that and they succeeded but it is just on vB4, not sure about vb5.

Hydronix 02 Feb 2018 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by romaine (Post 2592600)
It is possible but it needs custom code to make your forum like that. I know this forum https://forumweb.hosting did that and they succeeded but it is just on vB4, not sure about vb5.

t is exactly what I have in mind. How can I get this mod for vb5?

romaine 02 Feb 2018 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydronix (Post 2592614)
t is exactly what I have in mind. How can I get this mod for vb5?

I am not sure vb5 will have features to create that theme but you could need do more changes or customization to archive that.


All times are GMT. The time now is 13:28.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.12
Copyright © 2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.