vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=309139

vBulletin 3.5 Modifications
by Paul M
04 Mar 2014 00:53

Way back in 2009, we archived the vB 3.0 forums.

Now we are in 2014, its time to move the 3.5 forums into the archive.
Very few sites now run vB 3.5 (which is almost 9 years old) and there is no real activity in these forums now (nor has there been for a long time now). Posts are generally just asking about later versions of modifications. Most 3.5 mods also have 3.6, 3.7 & 3.8 versions in those forums anyway.

If you have a particular need to keep the 3.5 version of a release, then you need to download it before they are moved to the archives. This move will will happen sometime in the next two weeks (in fact, it should be on March 13th).

Max Taxable 04 Mar 2014 01:55

I still have a 3.5 up and running, the license is expired though.

ozzy47 04 Mar 2014 01:59

Yes there are some, but there is only about 0.3% of the vBulletin installs running 3.5

Max Taxable 04 Mar 2014 02:04

Always was a one-percenter!

SaN-DeeP 04 Mar 2014 08:12

Once those are moved to archive, there is no way to download them back ? if needed ?
We have few sites heavily modified running on 3.x.x

ozzy47 04 Mar 2014 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaN-DeeP (Post 2484940)
Once those are moved to archive, there is no way to download them back ? if needed ?
We have few sites heavily modified running on 3.x.x

No, once they are archived, they can not be downloaded, this is not for the entire 3.x series, only the 3.5 series. :)

Thangvip9x 04 Mar 2014 15:10

I only use vbulletin version 4 or greater

ozzy47 04 Mar 2014 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thangvip9x (Post 2485018)
I only use vbulletin version 4 or greater

Ok and the point of that info?

New Joe 05 Mar 2014 02:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzy47 (Post 2485054)
Ok and the point of that info?

That he doesn't mind about the OP as he only uses vB 4 ;)

smirkley 05 Mar 2014 05:33

I do alot of work with the legacy software that runs automated industrial electronic controls.

The software is legacy and unsupported,... yet still available.... just saying.

Can I ask the reason to the suggestion that it should be un-downloadable to licensed users?

TheLastSuperman 05 Mar 2014 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by smirkley (Post 2485156)
I do alot of work with the legacy software that runs automated industrial electronic controls.

The software is legacy and unsupported,... yet still available.... just saying.

Can I ask the reason to the suggestion that it should be un-downloadable to licensed users?

By design from my understanding, even staff including moderators and administrators cannot download the files once placed in the archives so I assume that once a thread is moved there all attachments are either deleted during the move or right there after.

I see your point though, if we can still download and install 3.5 why can't we still view the mods and such correct? <-- If that's the case I will still leave this reply up to Paul as he knows what is and is not by design around here much more than I do :D.

socialteenz 05 Mar 2014 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by smirkley (Post 2485156)
I do alot of work with the legacy software that runs automated industrial electronic controls.

The software is legacy and unsupported,... yet still available.... just saying.

Can I ask the reason to the suggestion that it should be un-downloadable to licensed users?

+1

:up:

Elixar 06 Mar 2014 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Joe (Post 2485132)
That he doesn't mind about the OP as he only uses vB 4 ;)

Doesn't have any relevance in a topic about 3.5 mods being archived.

Chris8 21 Apr 2014 20:05

But many of 3.5.X mods is compatible with 3.8.X and most of them can be compatible with just a few tweaks.
So why to take them all down? They extend vbulletin functionality and the functionality is for many people the number one reason why they like vBulletin... yes, because of its powerful ability to extend its functionality with so many mods that are there.
Also many mods with reusable code could be used by coders as the base for creating new fully compatible with vb 3.8.8 mods.

I don't see any logical reasoning that could serve a good purpose in this action.

SaN-DeeP 22 Apr 2014 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by smirkley (Post 2485156)
I do alot of work with the legacy software that runs automated industrial electronic controls.

The software is legacy and unsupported,... yet still available.... just saying.

Can I ask the reason to the suggestion that it should be un-downloadable to licensed users?

+1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris8 (Post 2494043)
But many of 3.5.X mods is compatible with 3.8.X and most of them can be compatible with just a few tweaks.
So why to take them all down? They extend vbulletin functionality and the functionality is for many people the number one reason why they like vBulletin... yes, because of its powerful ability to extend its functionality with so many mods that are there.
Also many mods with reusable code could be used by coders as the base for creating new fully compatible with vb 3.8.8 mods.

I don't see any logical reasoning that could serve a good purpose in this action.

i agree with this comment.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:11.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.13
Copyright © 2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.