vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=186076

PB Usergroup Choice on registration
by RLShare
23 Jul 2008 01:20

3 Attachment(s)
What does it do?
Allows a user to be assigned to a certain usergroup based on a drop down menu at registration time.

How is it different from the one posted a couple of days ago by Viet:
Well,
1. This one will work with email verification. So you can still require email verification for all new users and they will be assigned to the appropriate usergroup after their email has been verified.
2. It will automatically draw in the usergroup names for the ids instead of having you type out both the usergroup ID's and usergroup names.

Installation:
1. Import the product
2. Go to AdminCP->vbulletin Options->Vbulletin Options->PB Usergroup Choice on Register
and set up the options the way you want...

Notes:
Will add 1 query when showing the registration form.
Will add 1 more query to the processing of a registration if VB is set up for every user having to verify email addresses.

Fixed:
Forgot table prefix in one call to the database causing database error.

bxbigt 23 Jul 2008 04:07

Anymore detail ?

RLShare 23 Jul 2008 04:38

It adds the drop down menu shown in the attachements. Each option in the dropdown is a usergroup allowing the people registering to be assigned to a usergroup based on a dropdown list.

Inspired by this thread...
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=184651

bokmade 23 Jul 2008 06:12

I like th idea ..

Install ..

schlottkej 23 Jul 2008 17:08

well done

schlottkej 23 Jul 2008 17:17

Would be good if they picked a Usergroup with a subscription that it took them to the subscription page before completing registration activation.

Trana 23 Jul 2008 17:41

Nice idea. What would be even better would be if it used checkboxes and members could pick multiple groups that they want to be affiliated with. That would solve a major problem for me.

I'd like to make a Paypal donation if you could get this to work.

bchertov 23 Jul 2008 17:50

Good idea!

I'd love to see a similar option for joinable public user groups.

Hornstar 25 Jul 2008 07:29

Yeah really good idea. thanks for sharing.

Bellinis 25 Jul 2008 11:11

Thanks for this. Very useful!

MrNase 25 Jul 2008 13:11

Does it put the user into the primary or secondary usergroup?

RLShare 27 Jul 2008 03:01

It sets their primary usergroup.

PlymWS 29 Jul 2008 14:01

Could this be coded so that instead of manually entering the usergroupids in the ACP the script could look in the database for publically joinable groups and then output them in the list ?

I've been messing around with SELECT usergroupid FROM usergroup WHERE ispublicgroup = 1 but I can't get the SQL to output the correct array :(

GHC Webmaster 10 Aug 2008 10:07

This would be useful for me, if it would also be a profile field. In other words if the name off the chosen group shows (along with the field title) up in the user profile and everywhere where user profile fields can be used (memberlist, mods which add profile fields to postbit etc). I also would have to be editable through Edit Your Details, and on edit it should also change the usergroup.

Basically it would have to act like a custom single selection list profile field, which just happens to be connected to usergroups.

(I want to use it for a country field, which should also put members into a usergroup for that country.)

Btw, it also would be more usefull if it would set the usergroup as a secondary group, and leave the primary group as it is (Registered Users or otherwise).

As it is now, I unfortunately cannot use it.

ShadowOne 10 Aug 2008 11:04

i really like this...
i.e...you can do male or female...
change the text color of each and you will have a diff color for male and female...
so when they register... they can choose male or female...