vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=325331

Remove multiple rows from table
by Fynnon
05 Jul 2017 12:36

In table 'users' i have too many rows and i want to delete most of them.
How can i delete every row from 5001 to 50000 ? I want to keep just the first 5000 rows

blind-eddie 05 Jul 2017 14:44

Why so many tables and what is in them?

Fynnon 06 Jul 2017 06:27

they are unused user accounts.
i have access to phpmyadmin but i'm not sure how can i remove those

Kane@airrifle 06 Jul 2017 10:45

Why not just prune users from ACP/Users with the criteria set at whatever "Has not logged on for x days" and post count less than 1?

blind-eddie 06 Jul 2017 13:40

Backup your database from within phpmyadmin.
On your main database, select each table you are wanting to drop, scroll below the table list and select, "Drop Selected".
Good Luck!

Paul M 06 Jul 2017 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fynnon (Post 2588150)
In table 'users' i have too many rows and i want to delete most of them.
How can i delete every row from 5001 to 50000 ? I want to keep just the first 5000 rows

One word. Dont.

Its a bad idea, there are far more tables associated with users than just the user table.

There is also nothing to be gained by doing it.

Fynnon 13 Jul 2017 12:01

I'll leave the users as it is, thanks !

there is another table from a mod which records everyone who used the chat and it has over 2.000.000 rows
of course it would take forever to remove them page by page so i'm looking for an sql command to clean old & inactive ones

Mark.B 13 Jul 2017 15:26

What is the table called?
If it's specific to that mod and the mod is now uninstalled you MIGHT be able to get rid of it but we would need more details.

Be careful also of the differences between tables and columns.

Fynnon 14 Jul 2017 08:39

1 Attachment(s)
the database is called: 'infernoshoutusers'
i use the mod but it has '2.882.822' rows, they are 1/3 of the forum db size

Mark.B 14 Jul 2017 08:52

Before doing anything in the database, does the mod have any sort of pruning option?
Or does it have a cron job as part of it, and if so, is it running? Try running any cron for it manually.

Beyond that it might be worth backing up the data from that table alone, then truncating it and seeing what effect it has on the modification.

It shouldn't affect the main forums as it's a custom table, it should inky affect the mod.

Fynnon 31 Jul 2017 07:57

thanks for the suggestions
the mod does have a prune option but that removes everything from the chat and i want to keep some of it

i want to delete only specific rows from that table, basically just the last 2/3 of the table, by using an sql command
the size of the is around db if 80MB which is 1/3 of the total so i was thinking maybe i can reduce it to improve speed

TheLastSuperman 31 Jul 2017 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fynnon (Post 2588422)
the database is called: 'infernoshoutusers'
i use the mod but it has '2.882.822' rows, they are 1/3 of the forum db size

Why in the world is this 1/3 the size of your database? Inferno shoutbox... isn't that the one only available on nulled type sites? I could be wrong but using mods from sites like that can leave it/you open to exploits, perhaps there are just that many users in the shoutbox but are there that same number of users on the actual forum? If not look to see if the inferno shoutbox is being exploited somehow and fix if you intend to keep... if that is the case though I'd simply remove it, best to not run mods from nulled/cracked sites.

Rafa-el 31 Jul 2017 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fynnon (Post 2589015)
thanks for the suggestions
the mod does have a prune option but that removes everything from the chat and i want to keep some of it

i want to delete only specific rows from that table, basically just the last 2/3 of the table, by using an sql command
the size of the is around db if 80MB which is 1/3 of the total so i was thinking maybe i can reduce it to improve speed

In one word: NO.

Besides, even tough reducing the DB size is always good, the main issue is your shoutbox plugin, you're better off with it so I strongly advise you to uninstall it, anyone with minimal knowledge could get into your site and dump the DB with a simple exploit if you use a nulled or abandoned product.

Fynnon 01 Aug 2017 07:32

some logging option was on by default and maybe that explains the size. all my mods are from vb.org
Inferno Shoutbox was available a long time ago on vBulletin.org: https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=147346

Rafa-el 01 Aug 2017 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fynnon (Post 2589048)
some logging option was on by default and maybe that explains the size. all my mods are from vb.org
Inferno Shoutbox was available a long time ago on vBulletin.org: https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=147346

Either way the last time the shoutbox was updated was in 2008, 9 years ago! That's not safe at all, specially when it comes with BB's when a lot of exploits tend to be published with manuals.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:35.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2020, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.