vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=210572

Daniel_HBK 08 Apr 2009 03:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnus (Post 1785929)
Allows you to strip a post of it's vowels, rather than deleting it.. thus allowing for public shaming of the affected party.

More information about disemvoweling at Wikipedia: Disemvoweling.

i got it too [i'm Egyptian :D] , thanks man :)

redlabour 08 Apr 2009 09:38

Awesome Idea but does not work.

There is no Link for this Function shown in the Postbittemplates. vBulletin 3.8.2

Hugo Holbling 08 Apr 2009 09:55

Am I reading the coding correctly insofar as this only functions with the default postbit, not postbit legacy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DobieGillis© (Post 1785943)
I'm cautious. Your screen shot shows the word diemvowel in the postbit. Looks like it may stretch it out a bit.

I agree and think it would be better to replace the postbit text with an icon.

magnus 08 Apr 2009 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by soletrader (Post 1786244)
how does one set usergroup permissions on who can use this?

It's a moderator function. Those with the ability to moderate posts may also disemvowel them.

magnus 08 Apr 2009 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlabour (Post 1786423)
Awesome Idea but does not work.

There is no Link for this Function shown in the Postbittemplates. vBulletin 3.8.2

Sure it does. Are you by chance using Legacy Postbit? If so, template edits would need to be manually.

magnus 08 Apr 2009 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugo Holbling (Post 1786426)
Am I reading the coding correctly insofar as this only functions with the default postbit, not postbit legacy?

Correct, the auto-template feature (currently) only modifies postbit, and not postbit_legacy. Edits would need to be made manually.

I'll include postbit in the auto-template edits in a quick update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugo Holbling (Post 1786426)
I agree and think it would be better to replace the postbit text with an icon.

I'm a programmer, not a designer. :) Plus, there are so many different styles out there -- finding an icon that goes well with all of them is a futile task. Hence, text.

I'll have an update with a few customization options. To choose between text or a user-specified icon, postbit or postbit legacy, etc.

imedic 08 Apr 2009 12:23

Great idea for a mod. I never have enough moderators tools to make my life easier :).

I am too looking forward for a postbit legacy version.

Hugo Holbling 08 Apr 2009 13:08

Great, thanks magnus. Looking forward to the update and the ability to choose postbit legacy. :)

ericgtr 08 Apr 2009 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by imedic (Post 1786486)
Great idea for a mod. I never have enough moderators tools to make my life easier :).

I am too looking forward for a postbit legacy version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugo Holbling (Post 1786511)
Great, thanks magnus. Looking forward to the update and the ability to choose postbit legacy. :)

Thirded. :)

Installed though.

SoloX 08 Apr 2009 22:08

I changed postbit to postbit_legacy in the following code to make it work for legacy! :)

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

ericgtr 08 Apr 2009 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoloX (Post 1786899)
I changed postbit to postbit_legacy in the following code to make it work for legacy! :)

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Didn't work for me. This isn't too hard to figure out but it has to be picked apart so I'll do it when I get home and if magnus doesn't have it up by then I will share it. Many people use legacy so I am surprised it's not added.

imedic 08 Apr 2009 22:52

Unfortunately does not work.
If I copy paste your code it gives error on product upload. I have manually replace it and still no luck to see the link in postbit.

magnus 08 Apr 2009 23:08

The above code has been wrapped in <phpcode><![CDATA[ ... ]]></phpcode> tags. Those will need to be removed.

Anyway, I have postbit_legacy support finished .. I had intended to finish the other features before releasing, but since the demand is there, I'll release the minor changes. I'll have it posted tomorrow morning (the code is on my work machine).

magnus 09 Apr 2009 13:00

As promised, I made v1.1.1 available which will detect which postbit layout you're using and modify accordingly. Nothing else has changed.

Hugo Holbling 09 Apr 2009 16:16

Thanks, magnus - much appreciated. It works great. :)

I'll try to figure out how to replace the text (Disemvowel/Revowel) with icons; I suggest the famfamfam font_delete and font_add silk icons would work nicely.