Thread: Show Thread Enhancements - Profile Fields in a Postbit Dropdown
View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2010, 16:00

Originally Posted by Wired1 View Post
Working, but ugly as hell. Probably going to just release it as a beta and see if someone with better CSS skills than I can clean it up.
I just completed a similar hack for my vB4 forum. I even managed to get my head around the styling and have used only existing stylevars for colours, so it will update with different styles. Feel free to use any of this:

Template markup:
I have used a h6 header and a definition list for the different fields and values - semantically, I think that's the best approach.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I have added this just below the avatar in the postbit_legacy template (there's no template hook in that location) but I guess it could go at any hook location.

Notice that I had to add one inline style rule (clear:both) to the containing div in order to keep it in place.

I haven't bothered to use language variables.

Resulting HTML markup:

Notice that the definition list has a fixed width. This is because the default "auto" value restricts it to the with of the postbit user info column, so I'm forcing it to be wider.

Additional CSS added at the bottom of the additional.css template:

In the default style:

comp-details.png

This is what it looks like in postbit_legacy.

I'm not claiming to be an expert at any of this but I thought it might help progress this mod. I'd be grateful if, in return, you could see any obvious improvements I could make to my hack.

Thanks - keep up the good work!

Last edited by cfish; 25 Jun 2010 at 20:11. Reason: updated CSS & changed to additional.css template