View Single Post
Old 04 Aug 2005, 18:05

I'm sorry to be late to the thread, but I've actually been running an integrated vBulletin/MediaWiki system for quite some time. I just today got another request from someone wanting to have the code, and realized it might be easier to just post it ..

MediaWiki has a facility for creating Authentication plugins that let you do the integration pretty easily. They were non-documented when I started with the hack, but once you find the correct template everything was smooth sailing. There are a few comments about the code

- People still need to log on to MediaWiki once, after that they are cookied.
- MediaWiki has a smaller namespace for usernames than vBulletin, on a large board you might have clashes. I'm assuming it's not a security problem, but it might be an inconvenience.
- You need to clean up the user properties pages of things like changing names and stuff (they aren't automatically dropped).
- The Wiki will create only those users who actually log on
- The $usergroupid clauses determine who can create an account, you need to change these clauses to suit your own board.

Have fun!

Add this snippet to you LocalSettings.php. Insert your vBulletin DB information:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

And then AuthPlugin_vBulletin.php itself:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.