Thread: Miscellaneous Hacks - Word Links FREE (Turn words into links) by BOP5
View Single Post
Old 17 May 2011, 14:17

Originally Posted by Kolbi View Post
Have 2 notices:

The number of keyword replaces seems not to work. Tried 1 or 2 replaces but all keywords (3 times) were replaced...

Another little question perhaps you make it case sensitive?

Because the first word in a sentence is written in big letters for example, but the word in a senctence is written in small letters:
"The school is over! So the pupil are on the way home."
If I now want to replace "the" with "<a hre="/">the</a>" it will be:
"<a hre="/">the</a> school is over! So <a hre="/">the</a> pupil are on <a hre="/">the</a> way home."
So the first word is now written in small letters...
1) It's 1 match per keyword. If your keywords are red, blue, green and your limit is 1, the sentence: "I like red, blue, and green." will still see 3 links. The sentence "I have a red hat, a red coat, and red shoes." will have only 1 link.

2) I can probably get it to match the case of the word it was linking, keeping the original case format. It would still be case insensitive when finding words. Actually I can make that an option too.

Originally Posted by Kolbi View Post
Third notice (just saw the update):

Why not using the class attribut instead of adding a span?

Instead of:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

try:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I guess the span tag may be xhtml invalid... (not tested but I guess it can be...)
Mostly because putting the class in the a tag didn't work in my test. Does it work for you?

(@BirdOPrey5) Former vb.org Moderator. Fighting for a free & independent vb.org.
BirdOPrey5.com - Exclusive VB Mods! (Formerly Qapla.com) | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I do not read my PMs often, do not expect quick replies.