Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05 Oct 2017, 01:43

Is there any documentation or instructions for Impex?

Hi, trying to copy a wordpress/bbpress user database over to vbulletin. Not quite sure how to do this as there's no real readme or instructions with Impex on github, at least not that I could find.

The old vbulletin one just isn't helping. (https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/impex_guide)

Any help/pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Comments
Old 05 Oct 2017, 04:21

All the systems are pretty much the same and this is what I do.

Download imprex, open up the systems folder (pretty sure that's the name) you'll see dozens of folders for various frameworks; mybb, phpbb, ipb and you should see a bbpress folder.
Delete all the folders in systems but the bbpress one. (you don't have to do that but it'll make it quicker to upload the files)
You'll see the folder structure similar to vb3 and vb4, upload the folders and files to your server.
You'll see you uploaded a config.php file, maybe it's called imprex_config.php. Open that up, enter in your credentials for your bbpress database under the "source" section.
Then enter in your vbulletin db info in the "target" section of that config php file.

Then you go to your admincp and you'll see an Imprex menu, open that up and begin the import.

After your import you'll need to update counters and clean up any encoding issues but that's pretty much it.

You'll want to upload your attachment folder from bbpress if it has one so those can be imported as well.

If you have any questions or need a hand then feel free to shoot me a pm and I'll give you a hand.

*oh, if you're for some reason wanting to run vb5 I'd suggest importing into a vb4 site then upgrade the whole thing to vb5*
Old 09 Oct 2017, 01:16

Originally Posted by Brandon Sheley View Post
All the systems are pretty much the same and this is what I do.

Download imprex, open up the systems folder (pretty sure that's the name) you'll see dozens of folders for various frameworks; mybb, phpbb, ipb and you should see a bbpress folder.
Delete all the folders in systems but the bbpress one. (you don't have to do that but it'll make it quicker to upload the files)
You'll see the folder structure similar to vb3 and vb4, upload the folders and files to your server.
You'll see you uploaded a config.php file, maybe it's called imprex_config.php. Open that up, enter in your credentials for your bbpress database under the "source" section.
Then enter in your vbulletin db info in the "target" section of that config php file.

Then you go to your admincp and you'll see an Imprex menu, open that up and begin the import.

After your import you'll need to update counters and clean up any encoding issues but that's pretty much it.

You'll want to upload your attachment folder from bbpress if it has one so those can be imported as well.

If you have any questions or need a hand then feel free to shoot me a pm and I'll give you a hand.

*oh, if you're for some reason wanting to run vb5 I'd suggest importing into a vb4 site then upgrade the whole thing to vb5*
Thank you very much! Much appreciated.
Old 09 Oct 2017, 14:29

Anytime, happy to help