Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Files List v3.01 Details »
Files List v3.01
Mod Version: 1.00, by DWard (Member) DWard is offline
Developer Last Online: Mar 2018 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.0.0 Rating: (1 vote - 5.00 average) Installs: 34
Released: 04 May 2004 Last Update: Never Downloads: 22
Not Supported  

Hey,

VERSION 3.01
[25/05/2004]

-----------------------------------------------

This Hack is released under an EverythingvB.com FullAttribution-LimitedDerivs-LimitedTranslation License
-----------------------------------------------

This new hack gives you the function of grouping all your attachments in one single list, divided into pages and with the option of viewing files by category, eg Video Clips, Archives and Excecutables etc.

All installation instructions are provided in the install file, and modification details are in the php file included in the zip. All images used for some files are also attached.

Any problems, queries or errors, please report here or PM me so I can sort them out as soon as possible, to ensure this hack is to your standards.

Current key functions:


  • Lists all attachments and spans over pages. You can specifiy the amount of attachments per page.
  • Specify usergroups who you do not wish to view the attachments.
  • Set out the same as attachments in posts, with icon, size and views.
  • Categories, so you can quickly view one type of file.
  • Display username.
  • Sort by username or filename.
  • If enabled, images category shows thumbnails.
  • Table row colours altered to make it easier to read username.
  • Shows forum name and a link to the parent thread.
  • Ability to sort by forum name.
  • Set the amount of files to view per page.
An example of the hack can be found here:
http://www.collegepranks.co.uk/forums/fileslist.php

Note to current users about upgrading:
  • Replace your fileslist.php file with the new one.
  • Replace the attachment_view and attachment_view_bits with the ones in the install file.
FOR THE BEST AND QUICKEST SUPPORT TIME, PLEASE POST HERE.

PLEASE CLICK INSTALL

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
List of PHP files needing translation s.molinari vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 11 04 Apr 2002 20:32

  #181  
Old 29 Jun 2004, 03:40
Mijae's Avatar
Mijae Mijae is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
????
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 29 Jun 2004, 03:49
Natch's Avatar
Natch Natch is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Originally Posted by Mijae
????
Upgrade - or listen to those who offer assistance ...

chenge:
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

to:
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Or use the latest version of the script
__________________
Natcher00
... is the Admin @ MobileForces.org - Official Community for a cult Vehicle based FPS - the only place for support!
... also he's Penfold to Dark_Wizard's Danger Mouse in development of vBWar
http://www.mobileforces.org/sig.jpg
{DaniWeb: Learn HOW-TO mod_rewrite your vB board}
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 05 Jul 2004, 17:06
DWard's Avatar
DWard DWard is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Real name: Dan Ward
OK, any modifications you would like for the next version, please mention below. There are a few bugs in the code, but very few as far as I am aware. There will be an admin control panel area for the next version, which will give you more flexibility.

Cheers,
Dan.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 05 Jul 2004, 19:13
Pitman's Avatar
Pitman Pitman is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Originally Posted by DWard
OK, any modifications you would like for the next version, please mention below. There are a few bugs in the code, but very few as far as I am aware. There will be an admin control panel area for the next version, which will give you more flexibility.

Cheers,
Dan.
Ability to pull attachments from a specific forum
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 29 Jul 2004, 21:30
DWard's Avatar
DWard DWard is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Real name: Dan Ward
Originally Posted by Pitman
Ability to pull attachments from a specific forum
Working on it

Functions to expect from new version:
Ability to retireve attachments from a specific forum
Non-retrieval of private attachments
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 03 Aug 2004, 06:13
alapo alapo is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Hey DWard. Your script would be PERFECT for those looking for a vbulletin gallery. It just needs two little features (one of which I cant do). The ability to just list certain users photos with thumbnails. With this feature, your program would have "personal galleries".

The second would be maybe an optional skin which has like 5 thumbnails horizontally by 5 vertically and lists info below. Would be great if you could try on the sort feature, as listing it in "gallery style" is something I might be able to do.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 03 Aug 2004, 07:43
DWard's Avatar
DWard DWard is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Real name: Dan Ward
Originally Posted by alapo
Hey DWard. Your script would be PERFECT for those looking for a vbulletin gallery. It just needs two little features (one of which I cant do). The ability to just list certain users photos with thumbnails. With this feature, your program would have "personal galleries".

The second would be maybe an optional skin which has like 5 thumbnails horizontally by 5 vertically and lists info below. Would be great if you could try on the sort feature, as listing it in "gallery style" is something I might be able to do.
Theres some things I would need to do.

I would need to give users the ability to upload images to the gallery, which may be difficult but ive not looked. Then I will need to be able to list all users of the forum so you can click on one and see the pictures.

I can see it working, but theres a few things I will need to learn about before I can do it. But if I can do it, that would be the first ever vB photo album, as most of the others just have compatability with vb.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 03 Aug 2004, 22:40
Theater's Avatar
Theater Theater is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Is there a way to limit access to the mod itself by usergroup? If for example you only wanted paid subscription members to have access since they'll obviously consume more bandwidth with the easier access of files. I don't have time to read word for word all 13 pages of posts, but saw "file storage" mentioned a few times. I use this, so would I still be able to use this mod? Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 04 Aug 2004, 10:57
DWard's Avatar
DWard DWard is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Real name: Dan Ward
Watch out for the new version out soon. I will try to include an admin panel for the next version.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 06 Aug 2004, 17:55
Smitty's Avatar
Smitty Smitty is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Real name: Marc Smith
I hesitate to add this because I'm very happy with it all in all. I personally use it a lot and I know people coming to my site do as well. Before this 'hack' I made lists in the admincp and copied the source, edited it, added links and ended up with a static html file I linked to to show people what attachments there are. So - this has been very nice for me.

Using it a lot, I find the link to 'Parent Thread' in the listing would be much more convenient if it was a link to the actual post the attachment is in rather than to the thread. Some of the threads in my forums are rather long so finding the post with the attachment can take a minute or so of going through several pages or more.

Oh - and for the admin to be able to 'omit' specific forums from the listing.

Last edited by Smitty; 06 Aug 2004 at 17:59.
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 11 Aug 2004, 19:42
Sadie Frost's Avatar
Sadie Frost Sadie Frost is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Originally Posted by Smitty
I hesitate to add this because I'm very happy with it all in all. I personally use it a lot and I know people coming to my site do as well. Before this 'hack' I made lists in the admincp and copied the source, edited it, added links and ended up with a static html file I linked to to show people what attachments there are. So - this has been very nice for me.

Using it a lot, I find the link to 'Parent Thread' in the listing would be much more convenient if it was a link to the actual post the attachment is in rather than to the thread. Some of the threads in my forums are rather long so finding the post with the attachment can take a minute or so of going through several pages or more.

Oh - and for the admin to be able to 'omit' specific forums from the listing.
I second that - making only the attachments you have permission to view show up in the list.
__________________
[buffy-boards]
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 11 Aug 2004, 20:20
CarCdr CarCdr is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Originally Posted by Sadie Frost
I second that - making only the attachments you have permission to view show up in the list.
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66800

DWard and I should probably get together and merge these two hacks. DWard -- PM me if that strikes you as a good idea.
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 11 Aug 2004, 23:42
Smitty's Avatar
Smitty Smitty is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Real name: Marc Smith
Definitely. No doubt about it. Combine them. Now I'm excited!
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 11 Aug 2004, 23:50
NietzscheKid NietzscheKid is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Originally Posted by Smitty
Definitely. No doubt about it. Combine them. Now I'm excited!
Me too!! This would indeed be amazing!
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 12 Aug 2004, 03:03
CarCdr CarCdr is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I'll be talking to DWard about it. As far as I am concerned, anyone can take my code and do whatever the heck they want with it. I don't get attached to such things. It ain't rocket science.

Question:

As far as I can tell, the only feature in the current Files List that is not in Attachment Browser, is the ability to list files by category, such as graphics files.

Is there anything else to consider for a possible merge of these scripts?

Last edited by CarCdr; 12 Aug 2004 at 03:13.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 20:21.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: