Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Steam Connect - Sign in with your Steam Account! [RC3] Details »
Steam Connect - Sign in with your Steam Account! [RC3]
Developer Last Online: Oct 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.x Rating: (40 votes - 4.88 average) Installs: 240
Released: 15 Jul 2011 Last Update: 07 Nov 2012 Downloads: 2337
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Additional Files External Content  

Steam Connect

INFO

-- Steam Connect Addon for vBulletin 4.2.x;
Development Platform := vBulletin 4.1.3 - 4.2.0, Debian Linux, PHP5, MySQL5, apache2;

Dependencies := lib cUrl (PHP), openid (included);

Author := Andreas "Radon" Rudolph, Disasterpiece;

Contact := [email protected], http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/member.php?u=198844

Homepage := http://purgatory-labs.de

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE INSTALLING

This addon is Unsupported as of 2015 until further notice. I have not enough time or interest in vbulletin to keep this alive.

This addon provides a framework for future extensions which make use of the Steam API.
It helps to determine the SteamID of an user. Unless older methods of inserting the steam
id into a user field, the addon lets the user authenticate with Steam OpenID, therefore
you can trust 100%, that this particular user is the same user as the Steam-ID provided.

Users can link their Steam ID to their forum account or they can create a new account
using details pulled from their Steam Profile.
Like the Facebook connect plugin, it allows users to quickly set up a forum account without
having to define a password or an email address. This option can be disabled in the AdminCP,
however it is encouraged to allow users to use this quick-register feature, since they
already authenticated themselves through steam, so any additional password or email
authentication is just unnecessary.

If the user decides to un-link his forum account with his steam-profile, he has to set up
a password and email first, so the forum account remains usable after this.

At the moment, the addon is in its second RC state, which means that the current versions contain mostly bugfixes and are candidates for a full release.
Until now, the product worked without major problems in productive environments.
Although it is stable as is, the author doesn't provide any guarantee.
Due to the nature of the addon and how vBulletin manages 3rd party code inclusion, additional
login and register methods have been provided by the plugin. It is discouraged to use the
plugin on high profile communities in this early development state.

If you have any further questions, feel free to post in this thread.

F.A.Q. / General Issues / Error Messages

"There has been a problem with the OpenID libary: No OpenID Server found at http://steamcommunity.com/openid"
- Additionally, a 503 HTTP error is thrown. Simple solution: Wait. Steam Community servers are overloaded/down right now, there's nothing you can do about it

Do NOT uninstall the mod if you want to keep the linked users records. Upgrading means uploading the new product xml file for the new version and choose "overwrite" in the upload dialog.
The Installer will handle the update process by its own. Uninstalling the product will erase all the table fields which contain the steam link data.

STEAM CONNECT ADDONS

- Steam Mini Profiles

INSTALL HOWTO

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	scr1.JPG
Views:	2599
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	131037   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr2.JPG
Views:	2011
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	131038   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr3.JPG
Views:	1701
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	131039   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr4.JPG
Views:	1832
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	131040  

Click image for larger version

Name:	scr5.JPG
Views:	1487
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	131041   Click image for larger version

Name:	stc_steamicon.JPG
Views:	1606
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	133702   Click image for larger version

Name:	stc_adminoption.JPG
Views:	1520
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	133703  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Mini Mods Steam IM Card v4.x (now with Steam Profile Tab) bananalive vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 41 19 Mar 2015 19:37
Mini Mods Steam IM Card TerrorKalle vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 38 24 Jul 2008 22:16

Old 28 Sep 2011, 23:43

Originally Posted by tonjohn View Post
I'm not able to get this working either :/
Hmm, looking at my profile I see:

Current Steam Displayname: [FETCH ERROR]

Also, it shows "|0|0" at the end of my Steam Unique ID.

EDIT:

Figured it out - had to set curl options in fucntions_steamconnect to account for proxy. Not sure what the deal is about the Unique ID having "|0|0" at the end of it though. I just manually fixed it in the DB and seems to be working now.

Last edited by tonjohn; 28 Sep 2011 at 23:58.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 12:31

It's kinda working for me.
People who are already registered can see the signin button. We can then link our account.
We can then see in our settings that our account is linked, but that's all it actually does!

The things we're missing:
Ability to Register using Steam Signin (Yes it is enabled).
Any kind of information in the postbit.
Nothing showing when viewing someone's profile.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 21:28

Originally Posted by Largo .//npc View Post
Ability to Register using Steam Signin (Yes it is enabled).
Could you provide a website so that people may try to connect?
Any kind of information in the postbit.
That I know of you can change people pic to the steam gamer ID or also add it with the following
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Nothing showing when viewing someone's profile.
What do you have in mind I have been think of stuff but cant honestly think of anything?
Old 02 Oct 2011, 23:16

Disasterpiece:

An update to my problem, I was not able to use the link to work for me, but I went into the database and inserted my number into the steam_link column adding |0|0 at the end of my number.

I dunno why I couldn't link my accounts but since I was in the database I gave it a try and it worked.
Old 04 Oct 2011, 03:59

Love this mod!!

Is it possible to get the steam button next to the connect with Facebook button on the registration page?

I tried to find the template but have been unsuccessful. Also would that act as a submit button on the registration page?
Old 04 Oct 2011, 21:40

Originally Posted by wombycat View Post
Love this mod!!

Is it possible to get the steam button next to the connect with Facebook button on the registration page?

I tried to find the template but have been unsuccessful. Also would that act as a submit button on the registration page?
Open your AdminCP.

First:
Go to:
Style & Templates > Style Manager > Click the drop down of teh style you want to edit > Edit Templates > Registration Template > register.

Now look for this code

Add the steam button at the end of the </a>.

So it should now look like this..

Save your template.

Next :
Go to :
CPmain > Settings > Options > Steam Connect Settings > Sign In Button Location

Add: register
I.E. it should look like this = header,navbar,headinclude,register

Save.

DONE!!!

No this will not act as a submit button.

However if you would like to Make the Steam Button have its own "Little" section do the following for step one.

Go to:
Style & Templates > Style Manager > Click the drop down of teh style you want to edit > Edit Templates > Registration Template > register.

Now look for this code

That end </vb:if> should be on line 166.. You want to add the following code on 167

At the end of that code add the following.

That will add a new section @ the top. This will be under the facebook platform. This will also Not require the facebook platform to be enabled. I'm currently trying to make it so that if this mod is disabled this will also disappear but no avail :\

Last edited by wtfaatp; 10 Oct 2011 at 21:12.
Old 05 Oct 2011, 07:42

Your are a legend!!!! Thank you so very much. I'm donating to this

Edit:

The button is exactly where it should be now....Thanks

Though when you click it, the page changes and dose not go anywhere?

When I had it in the header it worked perfectly, what would be the issue do you think?

Last edited by wombycat; 05 Oct 2011 at 07:54.
Old 05 Oct 2011, 22:00

Your are a legend!!!! Thank you so very much. I'm donating to this

Edit:

The button is exactly where it should be now....Thanks

Though when you click it, the page changes and dose not go anywhere?

When I had it in the header it worked perfectly, what would be the issue do you think?
Weird on your site it is acting as if its a "submit button"? I did some testing on my site and can't seem to figure out why your's is not working properly.

Last edited by wtfaatp; 05 Oct 2011 at 22:26.
Old 06 Oct 2011, 11:02

Originally Posted by wtfaatp View Post
Weird on your site it is acting as if its a "submit button"? I did some testing on my site and can't seem to figure out why your's is not working properly.
I can still use the one in the header correctly though the one in the register is not working. Also in the register it is asking for a password to be entered before it will allow you to click steam connect. I though it did not need that with this mod? Not sure what going on but would be very appreciative of any assistance. I would happily give you permissions to have a look yourself if you wished. I would obviously make another donation for your time

site

Just uploaded a copy of my current register template
Attached Files
File Type: txt registercurrent.txt (13.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by wombycat; 06 Oct 2011 at 11:25.
Old 07 Oct 2011, 01:41

I can still use the one in the header correctly though the one in the register is not working. Also in the register it is asking for a password to be entered before it will allow you to click steam connect. I though it did not need that with this mod? Not sure what going on but would be very appreciative of any assistance. I would happily give you permissions to have a look yourself if you wished. I would obviously make another donation for your time

site

Just uploaded a copy of my current register template

I can do a little work around for you if you would like. Send me a PM and I will do this asap...
I WILL have it done tomorrow around 7pm east....
Old 10 Oct 2011, 06:27

This plugin needs a "Secondary Usergroup for Steam-Users". thanks!

And wtfaatp. The examples you have shown regarding the template changes:

Are exactly the same, both old and new codes.

Could you also show an example of how your changes looks like? I've done the changes, even used your template attachment you uploaded, but I see nothing new nor different.

Last edited by Skyrider; 10 Oct 2011 at 06:34.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 14:50

steam_login !.png
I have created a better looking steam login button for the header..
Untitled.jpg
Awesome mod by the way! Great job on doing this and thank you.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 15:53

Untitled.jpg
I am trying to get the steam user avatar in postbit without the tf2 stuff that ties it to the tft backpack site. I'm adding it for the new Futuremark YouGamers site and I can't have that part in it as FM would never go for it and it is useless unless you are a tf2 player. I want just the steam avatar to be there or a steam stuff instead of the tf2 backpack site stuff.
Untitled2.jpg
I see all of the stuff thats supposed to add it with the steam connect beta but it won't show up at all or any of the steam info in postbit. I tried disableing the steam mini profile and nothing..
I assume without the mini mod that I should be getting the avatar and steam info in postbit but nothing shows.
---------------------------------------------------
I figured it out. I had to turn it off in the steamprofile.xml that was in the clientscript/steam folder.

Last edited by billstelling; 10 Oct 2011 at 16:27.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 00:42

v1.2 is here!

New Features:

stilysh icon in postbit area which links to the profile and shows the Steam-id for mods and admins while hovering

Finally a way to manage the steam connect users in the backend, fully included, no extra files necessary. Allows to review further information like VAC Ban status and allows to change the steam id of an user, as well as obtain the steam id code in the form STEAM_0:0:12345

And because some people asked for it, you can now find a simple way to include the steam button into the register template in the readme file or in the second post.

Upgrading: Just upload the files, then the plugin file in the admincp and check "override". (don't uninstall first, or you'll loose all steam ids!)

See the second post for full changelog and other info.
Old 14 Oct 2011, 17:44

Meh.. The steam down time is causing huge lags on our forums. Posts barely load, apache crashed. Is there anyway that this plugin can automatically shutdown itself if the connection to the steam servers is down?