Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Zoints Private Thread Comments for Staff Details »
Zoints Private Thread Comments for Staff
Developer Last Online: Apr 2009 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.1 Rating: (5 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 124
Released: 26 Sep 2006 Last Update: 01 May 2008 Downloads: 488
Not Supported  

This modification is a fantastic means for staff members to efficiently communicate within a thread without normal members being able to see what is said. It has been tested extensively by quite a few different forums.

This box appears in showthread.php for staff members. Only staff can see it.

The admincp options:

Official support for this modification will take place at http://network.zoints.com in this specific forum.

Enjoy and be sure to check out our other modifications

CHANGELOG:

2008/05/01 - 1.2.1
- Compatible with vB's CSRF protocol

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Zoints Private Thread Comments for Staff Zoints vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 5 19 Mar 2007 06:02

Old 24 Oct 2006, 15:33

The mod is great, I'm installing it soon. also hoping that you add more features in the upcoming versions.

Maybe adding an indication or icon in FORUMDISPLAY to indicate there is a new comment, with indication of read and unread..

Last edited by q8-star; 24 Oct 2006 at 15:48.
Old 24 Oct 2006, 21:38

This hack is a great idea, but I think it would be better if this mod used BB code and it was coded in a way which only admin/mods could see. This way, you can add comments to posts, which only the site staff can see, instead of saying something above the first post, which imo, is quite inconvenient. I'm not sure if it's possible to create, but it would be a great hack

Just my 2c
Old 31 Oct 2006, 04:59

Can you set it so that it only shows up in select forums? That'd be useful.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 16:43

I have installed this and it installed beautifully, no template hacking, nadda. Excellent plugin, thank you
Old 06 Nov 2006, 13:16

How bout an option so that the actual input box could be user defined as far as its location within the thread. With either both at the top both at the end or the posted comments at the top with the actual editer at the end. (by the end i mean by the quick reply)
some options as to where these appear would be supurb.
Also having a per forum option would be great. I know that my site we will only really need it in 4 or so of the 49 dif forum and subforums and that it would make it easier to manage.
Also having an icon/image show in the thread header just like if there has been a deleted post would be supurb.

Installed
Old 09 Nov 2006, 12:47

Originally Posted by ACIKillJoy
How bout an option so that the actual input box could be user defined as far as its location within the thread. With either both at the top both at the end or the posted comments at the top with the actual editer at the end. (by the end i mean by the quick reply)
some options as to where these appear would be supurb.
Also having a per forum option would be great. I know that my site we will only really need it in 4 or so of the 49 dif forum and subforums and that it would make it easier to manage.
Also having an icon/image show in the thread header just like if there has been a deleted post would be supurb.

Installed
I agree!

I don't want it on top but I want it under the thread. I can't find the code to do it myself but that is my fault.

Can you please add this option or can someone lead me the way to do this?

Thanks!

█ The biggest and best hosting forum in Europe!
Old 21 Nov 2006, 05:56

I just installed this. Well is there a way to get the input boxes to the bottom of the page and also I have two input boxes for some reason and when I add a comment it adds it twice. Can you help please.
Old 21 Nov 2006, 18:47

Originally Posted by Twilkey SRT View Post
also I have two input boxes for some reason and when I add a comment it adds it twice. Can you help please.
the plugin automatically attempts to add the thread comments option. you might have done what i did which is add the $threadcomments to the relevant template when it wasn't necessary. Removing it fixed it.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 07:35

If someone would like to make a small icon for forumdisplay.php that signifies that there is a staff comment in the thread, we'll look into making that request happen this weekend. Our graphic guy is on vacation.

We're also going to look into adding the option to make the box appear at the bottom of the thread.
Old 30 Nov 2006, 03:20

Is there any way we could have a little text above the box saying 'Moderator Notes:" or something?
Old 30 Nov 2006, 05:46

I was thinking that if you can make something like this then making a whisper hack would be possible.
Meaning members could send a private note to another member within a thread. Like someone could whisper to DChapman after this post that my idea is silly and he should ignore it. And only DChapman could see it.
Old 30 Nov 2006, 06:11

Originally Posted by DChapman View Post
If someone would like to make a small icon for forumdisplay.php that signifies that there is a staff comment in the thread, we'll look into making that request happen this weekend. Our graphic guy is on vacation.

We're also going to look into adding the option to make the box appear at the bottom of the thread.
What kind of image were you thinking of? If your still needing an icon let me know what you need and the dimensions and I can knock something up.

Last edited by Shelley_c; 30 Nov 2006 at 06:15.
Old 30 Nov 2006, 06:40

Originally Posted by Shelley_c View Post
What kind of image were you thinking of? If your still needing an icon let me know what you need and the dimensions and I can knock something up.
Actually, we've decided we'll just use a default vBulletin image to avoid the trouble of the upload. But thank you for the offer!
Old 10 Dec 2006, 19:09

How do I change the "Add" label in something else ?

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Thanks.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 15:42

Originally Posted by yesfans View Post
Anyway the entry box can have a space added below it. It sits right on top my forums, looks silly.
This one is easy. Edit product-zointsthreadcomments-1.2.0.xml as follows:

1. Find

Note the part highlighted in red.

Add

between "</form>" and "</div>".

Save. Reimport the product using "Overwrite".

Originally Posted by SportsZone View Post
This hack is a great idea, but I think it would be better if this mod used BB code and it was coded in a way which only admin/mods could see. This way, you can add comments to posts, which only the site staff can see, instead of saying something above the first post, which imo, is quite inconvenient. I'm not sure if it's possible to create, but it would be a great hack.
Re-read the thread. It already does both of those things.

Originally Posted by Twilkey SRT View Post
I have two input boxes for some reason and when I add a comment it adds it twice. Can you help please.
You imported the product and then also did the manual edits. Go back to the readme.txt file and delete those two manual edits.