Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
[DBTech] GDPR Compliance Details »
[DBTech] GDPR Compliance
Mod Version: 1.0.0, by DragonByte Tech (Coder) DragonByte Tech is offline
Developer Last Online: Oct 2018 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (2 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 25
Released: 13 Jun 2018 Last Update: Never Downloads: 90
Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Additional Files Translations  

GDPR Compliance is a mod designed to aid you in becoming compliant with GDPR, with features such as logged consent for privacy policy / terms of service and downloading user data.


Uses
GDPR Compliance is a mod designed to aid you in becoming compliant with GDPR, by allowing admins to force agreement to the Privacy Policy / Terms of Service and recording this consent. Furthermore, admins can download user data in machine readable format via the AdminCP.

Documentation
N/A


Extended Product Information

Force Privacy Policy acceptance: Admins can force all users to accept the privacy policy, and users will see a date stamp of when it was last updated.

Force Terms of Service acceptance: Admins can force all users to accept the Terms of Service, and users will see a date stamp of when it was last updated.

Logged consent: A machine readable database table logs the time stamp of the last time a user ID consented to the privacy policy and/or terms of service.

User data download: Administrators with the "Can Administer Users" permission can download user data via a new page in the AdminCP.


Copyright Information

This mod does not display any copyright information.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Mini Mods Yilmaz - vb5 GDPR I AGREE yilmaz Modification Graveyard 5 29 Jun 2018 15:39
Mini Mods Yilmaz - GDPR I AGREE yilmaz vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 6 26 Jun 2018 05:05

Comments
  #2  
Old 14 Jun 2018, 11:30
djbaxter djbaxter is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Has anyone tried this yet? I have downloaded it to give it a shot but haven't yet had a chance to try it out. Wondering about any conflicts with other mods.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14 Jun 2018, 14:45
In Omnibus's Avatar
In Omnibus In Omnibus is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Real name: Kris
Originally Posted by djbaxter View Post
Has anyone tried this yet? I have downloaded it to give it a shot but haven't yet had a chance to try it out. Wondering about any conflicts with other mods.
Haven't tested it because prima facie it fails the litmus test of allowing a "data subject" to request their data be forgotten without first agreeing to terms with which they may not agree. If they have to agree to terms or policies to even access the contact link it violates the spirit of the GDPR, if not the letter of the GDPR.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 14 Jun 2018, 15:42
djbaxter djbaxter is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 18 Jun 2018, 19:10
Rob Graves Rob Graves is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Originally Posted by In Omnibus View Post
Haven't tested it because prima facie it fails the litmus test of allowing a "data subject" to request their data be forgotten without first agreeing to terms with which they may not agree. If they have to agree to terms or policies to even access the contact link it violates the spirit of the GDPR, if not the letter of the GDPR.
Maybe I am confused, but how can a "data subject" ask to be forgotten when they have not registered? They have no identifiable personal information to be forgotten without registering prior.

The GDPR allows for necessary information to be collected, as long as it is not personal in nature, which, from what I know it cannot be if they are a "guest" and not registered. Article 17 of the GDP states that the right to erasure means in certain circumstances an individual can submit a request to the data controller to have personal information erased or to prevent further processing of that data.

How can they possibly not be registered and ask for personal information, of which there would be none, to be erased?

Our contact link is available to everyone, so maybe I am missing something here.

Please let me know!

Last edited by Rob Graves; 18 Jun 2018 at 19:15.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 18 Jun 2018, 20:48
In Omnibus's Avatar
In Omnibus In Omnibus is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Real name: Kris
Originally Posted by Rob Graves View Post
Maybe I am confused, but how can a "data subject" ask to be forgotten when they have not registered? They have no identifiable personal information to be forgotten without registering prior.

The GDPR allows for necessary information to be collected, as long as it is not personal in nature, which, from what I know it cannot be if they are a "guest" and not registered. Article 17 of the GDP states that the right to erasure means in certain circumstances an individual can submit a request to the data controller to have personal information erased or to prevent further processing of that data.

How can they possibly not be registered and ask for personal information, of which there would be none, to be erased?

Our contact link is available to everyone, so maybe I am missing something here.

Please let me know!
Guest IP addresses are logged. IP addresses are considered personal data under the GDPR. So, a guest could visit the site one time and ask for their personal data to be forgotten.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18 Jun 2018, 22:29
djbaxter djbaxter is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Originally Posted by In Omnibus View Post
Guest IP addresses are logged. IP addresses are considered personal data under the GDPR. So, a guest could visit the site one time and ask for their personal data to be forgotten.
What personal data? An anonymous IP address?

I think you'd better recheck your sources.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 18 Jun 2018, 23:10
In Omnibus's Avatar
In Omnibus In Omnibus is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Real name: Kris
Originally Posted by djbaxter View Post
What personal data? An anonymous IP address?

I think you'd better recheck your sources.
GDPR Rule 30:

Natural persons may be associated with online identifiers provided by their devices, applications, tools and protocols, such as internet protocol addresses, cookie identifiers or other identifiers such as radio frequency identification tags. This may leave traces which, in particular when combined with unique identifiers and other information received by the servers, may be used to create profiles of the natural persons and identify them.
What is it you believe I need to re-check?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 18 Jun 2018, 23:27
djbaxter djbaxter is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
There is no way your forum database can identify anyone using the site as a guest by their IP address alone. In many cases, it cannot even identify the person's location let alone any thing else about the person - it is more likely to identify the head office of the ISP. Sometimes my IP address gets the city right but it is just as likely to show me as their head office in another city 450 kms away.

If you are really concerned about it, don't let Guests post. That's a whole lot better for spam prevention anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 19 Jun 2018, 00:31
In Omnibus's Avatar
In Omnibus In Omnibus is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Real name: Kris
Originally Posted by djbaxter View Post
There is no way your forum database can identify anyone using the site as a guest by their IP address alone. In many cases, it cannot even identify the person's location let alone any thing else about the person - it is more likely to identify the head office of the ISP. Sometimes my IP address gets the city right but it is just as likely to show me as their head office in another city 450 kms away.

If you are really concerned about it, don't let Guests post. That's a whole lot better for spam prevention anyway.
I'm not arguing whether or not an IP address or a cookie can be used by a site to identify a data subject. The EU thinks it can and they ruled as such. Having said that I decided to ban EU / EEU users rather than deal with this ridiculous nonsense. I'm not going to play footsie with the EU regulator because, as primarily a U.S. business servicing primarily U.S. clients I have that luxury. I feel badly for E.U. based businesses that are forced to tiptoe around such rulings at the risk of exorbitant fines.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 19 Jun 2018, 01:18
djbaxter djbaxter is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Fair enough. But I think if the issue of an IP address for guest visitors to a site ever gets tested in court it will get thrown out.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 19 Jun 2018, 04:08
In Omnibus's Avatar
In Omnibus In Omnibus is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Real name: Kris
Originally Posted by djbaxter View Post
Fair enough. But I think if the issue of an IP address for guest visitors to a site ever gets tested in court it will get thrown out.
As a lawyer I would say the element of proof of damages is on the individual who claims to have suffered a loss as a result of "personal data" being kept by a site. If someone can't prove that your use of their data caused them harm they have no case. Therefore, I would hope you are correct in your assessment that any such case would be summarily dismissed.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 23 Jun 2018, 01:42
Total666 Total666 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Hello : I installed the product , where in the admin panel are the settings to edit ?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 23 Jun 2018, 18:44
XotelHotel XotelHotel is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Real name: Tom Jenner
yeah i can't find the admin pannel for this anyone help me please
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 24 Jun 2018, 00:33
ikorolis's Avatar
ikorolis ikorolis is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Real name: Ilias
Originally Posted by XotelHotel View Post
yeah i can't find the admin pannel for this anyone help me please
check 3.8 thread and found answer your question

check here http://prntscr.com/jyl1kc
http://prntscr.com/jyl20m
http://prntscr.com/jyl28o
http://prntscr.com/jyl2d4
__________________
The Internet World
http://www.theinternetworld.org
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 13:15.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: