Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Thread & Forum Ignore System Details »
Thread & Forum Ignore System
Developer Last Online: Aug 2017 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.2 Rating: (8 votes - 4.88 average) Installs: 74
Released: 19 Oct 2011 Last Update: 18 Jan 2015 Downloads: 268
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Re-usable Code Translations  

New Version 2.0

I've completely overhauled this product. The earlier version cheated by marking ignored threads and forums as read before executing the get new query, so it worked only for New Posts set to get new. The way the new version works is still not elegant owing to lack of hook locations available but it gets the job done for New Posts, Today's Posts and in the Forum Home Page and Forum Display.

Other New Features:
  • Users can set where the Ignore System is enabled in their User Settings. It can be enabled for New Posts, Today's posts and Forum Home & Forum Display.

• Ignored threads used to be listed in the User Settings by threadid, or the order in which the threads were first posted. All new additions to the ignore lists will show at the end of the list.

• No template edits in this version. If you have already edited SHOWTHREAD and FORUMDISPLAY you can just leave the changes in place, JavaScript will set them to display:none.

• When I developed the older version I had the database fields set with a character limit that limited how many threads could be ignored. In this version the number is unlimited.

• This version has its own setting group and doesn't require any restrictions on Thread/Forum Read Marking Type.

Using the Ignore System

You can set a thread to ignored in the Thread Tools menu and unignore it there later if you can navigate back to it. Similarly you can ignore forums in Forum Tools menu. Thread and forum ignore lists can be edited in UserSettings.

Installation:

Upload the product XML file in Product Manager. If you have the old version, set to overwrite existing files. No edits or files to upload.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	tfis_usercp.png
Views:	1175
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	133948   Click image for larger version

Name:	tfis_admincp.png
Views:	972
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	133949  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
End-User Options Ignore Thread: Allow Users to Ignore Threads of Their Choosing calorie vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 115 06 Dec 2013 18:32

Comments
Old 20 Oct 2011, 15:00

Thanks!.. seems to be working great so far.

I have another forum-filter mod so I did not perform that template edit, just the thread ignore.
Old 21 Oct 2011, 00:38

The only problem with that is the panel in user settings won't work to unignore forums.
Old 22 Oct 2011, 12:37

A small suggestion / request if i may.

I would like to see a feature where i could pick default forums that i would like to ignore for everyone.

Or a stream line mod where it just ignores the forum of my choosing for all my users on the site.

Basically i want to ignore one forum I've made on my site from showing up for my users, its there if they wish to access it but its on the ignore list so it doesn't spam there new posts etx.

Thanks in advance.

Gamers alternative Velocity Cheats.
Old 23 Oct 2011, 02:02

That would be a very difficult feature -- the adminCP setting would be $vbulletin->options['f_default'] but to work it would have to place the forumid string into $vbulletin->userinfo['f_ignore'], which would require an update query for all users every time you change it. In fact it would be difficult to write code that wouldn't do that every time you change any setting.

I doubt many people would get any use out of such a setting anyway.
Old 07 Nov 2011, 08:21

Have been waiting for something like this, thanks!
Old 07 Nov 2011, 08:36

Will I have to do these changes every time I upgrade?
Old 07 Nov 2011, 21:58

Originally Posted by sticky View Post
Will I have to do these changes every time I upgrade?
No changes will be needed until vB5 as far as I can predict.
Old 07 Nov 2011, 22:12

Originally Posted by nerbert View Post
No changes will be needed until vB5 as far as I can predict.
But I have to make these changes on every style?
Old 07 Nov 2011, 23:51

You mean the template changes? You should have one default style that all other styles are children style of. If you change the templates in Default, all the child styles should inherit it unless their templates have been changed previously.
Old 06 Dec 2011, 03:29

Originally Posted by Kyoshokid View Post
A small suggestion / request if i may.

I would like to see a feature where i could pick default forums that i would like to ignore for everyone.

Or a stream line mod where it just ignores the forum of my choosing for all my users on the site.

Basically i want to ignore one forum I've made on my site from showing up for my users, its there if they wish to access it but its on the ignore list so it doesn't spam there new posts etx.

Thanks in advance.
This would be great for the "vBCms Comments" section.!!
Old 06 Dec 2011, 05:11

As far as I know you can add "&exclude=50" (or whatever the forumid is) to the end of the New Posts link in the navbar and it will ignore that forum in searches. That will work with or without T&FIS
Old 16 Jan 2012, 15:55

doesnt seem to work. I enabled the product, changed the template. I can see where it says "ignore thread" and I can select it. It just doesn't seem to do anything (I can still see the threads)
Old 19 Feb 2012, 21:34

Works fine in VB4.1.10. Thanks Nerbert
Old 12 Mar 2012, 11:20

Originally Posted by englishtalk View Post
doesnt seem to work. I enabled the product, changed the template. I can see where it says "ignore thread" and I can select it. It just doesn't seem to do anything (I can still see the threads)
Same thing here using 4.1.11.

installed fine, can select / deselect the options but nothing is ignored and still showing?

EDIT: After looking into this with more detail, i noticed that the enable / disable mod in general setting does say..

"This allows users to ignore selected threads and forums in New Posts. Threads and forums can be set to ignore in their tools menus. Thread/Forum Read Marking Type must be set to Database (automatic forum marking) for this product to work."

Once i done this it worked.

My Mistake

Last edited by kisanjong; 12 Mar 2012 at 11:31.