Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
vBulletin and iDevAffiliate Integration Details »
vBulletin and iDevAffiliate Integration
Developer Last Online: Sep 2010 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.7.2 Rating: (3 votes - 3.67 average) Installs: 15
Released: 14 Sep 2008 Last Update: Never Downloads: 65
Not Supported Uses Plugins Code Changes Re-usable Code Translations Is in Beta Stage  

NOTE: I have it installed on 3.7x, I haven't tried earlier versions.

Description: I have been searching around for a plugin to allow vBulletin and iDevIntegration (for affiliate management of vbulletin paid subscriptions) and could not find any.

I contacted iDevAffiliate and their response was that they did not know enough
about vbulletin to create a plugin themselves but they explain what I had to do
on the iDevAffiliate side to make things work.

Thanks to vbulletin.org members Marco van Herwaarden, Dismounted, Delphiprogrammi, Opserty for pointing me in the right direction as this is my first vbulletin plugin.

This mod integrates iDevAffiliate commission tracking.

NOTE: Keep in mind, I assume that you are fairly well versed and comfortable with editing files/templates and following the flow of things.

Installing:

STEP 1
In payments.php in your forum root find the following code lines:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Replace them with the following:

STEP 2
In payment_gateway.php file in your forum root find the following code lines:

Add the following code under the above code ( make sure you replace YOURDOMAINNAME with your domain name and YOURIDEVINSTALLATIONFOLDER with your idev installation folder:

STEP 3
Install the idevaffiliate_integration Product via the Plugin Manager

STEP 4
Go to AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> iDevAffiliate Integration Settings and enable use of iDevAffiliate by selecting 'Yes' and saving.

That's it, you are ready to use iDevAffiliate with vBulletin.

Dont Forget To MARK AS INSTALLED
And Also Don't Forget To Visit DNXpert.com

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Jpilot / Vbulletin Integration for Vbulletin 3 d3nnis vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 36 14 Dec 2005 00:25

Comments
Old 14 Sep 2008, 00:05

Reserving this spot for future updates.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 00:15

Thanks for sharing this, I am going to give this a go next week on my holidays and will see how it goes. I have been meaning to do something like this for a while now, so many thanks for sharing. will let you know how things go. thanks.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 00:19

No worries, it was fun to do - and it's useful . I look forward to you trying it out.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 00:42

Sorry to sound dumb, but what the heck is iDevAffiliate? I went to their website and I still don't know what this program does. Can you explain it please?
Old 14 Sep 2008, 01:14

Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Sorry to sound dumb, but what the heck is iDevAffiliate? I went to their website and I still don't know what this program does. Can you explain it please?
It's an affiliate management software. Let's people sign up to your affiliate program and earn commissions for promoting your paid subscriptions (or other products).
Old 14 Sep 2008, 04:17

Wow this is great I have been waiting for this for a couple of years not as I purchased the iDev software but could not effectively use it...

Question is because my one site is on 3.5.x version I would have to get verification that this hack works with that version before I hack up my payment.php file and install the plugin and risk my database getting corrupted.. CAN SOMEONE VERIFY THIS WORKS WITH VB 3.5.x PLEASE.

Thank You
Old 14 Sep 2008, 05:14

OK, I see. I'm used to being an affiliate for others not having others be affiliates for me. Thanks for the description.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 12:00

Originally Posted by bada_bing View Post
Wow this is great I have been waiting for this for a couple of years not as I purchased the iDev software but could not effectively use it...

Question is because my one site is on 3.5.x version I would have to get verification that this hack works with that version before I hack up my payment.php file and install the plugin and risk my database getting corrupted.. CAN SOMEONE VERIFY THIS WORKS WITH VB 3.5.x PLEASE.

Thank You
I haven't got a dev server so I am not able to install 3.5.x anywhere to test it. Perhaps someone else can and let us know.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 13:39

tagged.. but i would never edit any original vb files as because when and upgrade comes out you have to do it all again, al wait see if someone can make it so no edit of files is possible.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 15:15

Originally Posted by TeelK View Post
tagged.. but i would never edit any original vb files as because when and upgrade comes out you have to do it all again, al wait see if someone can make it so no edit of files is possible.
I could make it so that no original files are edited if they put a hook in the right place (in the payment and payment_gateway files).

Currently, there are no hooks, but I think there is a place around here where I can request hooks for new upgrades so I will do that.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 21:20

fantastic work I can't wait to try this.
Thanks a "vb_mp"
Old 14 Sep 2008, 22:52

Originally Posted by mambomouth View Post
fantastic work I can't wait to try this.
Thanks a "vb_mp"
No probs . Let me know how you go. It's currently live and counting commissions for my affiliates on my site.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 17:39

Hey vb_mp have you tested this out with some of your members already getting recorded commissions? If so then you're the best person ever because I've been looking for a paid subscription affiliate system for a very very long time.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 23:09

Yea I have tested it - it is currently working and functional on my forum ( link is above in the original post ). People are spreading the affiliate link around and commissions are being generated on subscription purchases.

The things to note - according to iDevAffiliate they will be releasing a new release that will enable deletion of commissions on payment reversal... currently when a payment is reversed (for example on a refund) you have to manually cancel the subscription in iDevAffiliate... this is not a vBulletin problem though, rather a iDevAffiliate deficiency.

The guys from iDevAffiliate have promised that this payment reversal curl target url will be released in new upgrade, once that's there I will add it to this mod.