Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Sorky - SubForum List Control Details »
Sorky - SubForum List Control
Developer Last Online: Jan 2015 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.x Rating: (16 votes - 4.75 average) Installs: 185
Released: 14 Jan 2010 Last Update: 14 Jan 2010 Downloads: 1387
Not Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Template  

Purpose
This plugin allows extensive control of how SubForums are displayed.
  • Use any mix of between 0 and 10 columns
  • Different layouts can be used on specified forums
  • Change formatting
  • Display Thread/Post counts
  • Limit the number of SubForums shown (Show More/Less)
  • Collapse entire display
  • Sort SubForum display order
  • plus lots more!
Installation
Import XML file (as product): AdminCP > Plugin System > Manage Products > [Add/Import Product]

Options
To set the options go to: AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Sorky - SubForum List Control

Tips
To get it on the Forum Home page, set...
"vBulletin Options" > "Forum Listings Display Options" > "Depth of Forums - Forum Home" to "1"
For all other forums, set...
"vBulletin Options" > "Forum Listings Display Options" > "Depth of Forums - Forum Display" to "1"
You should also set...
"vBulletin Options" > "Forum Listings Display Options" > "Depth of Sub-Forums" to "1" Note: Setting it higher will also work!
Version Log
For previous versions see 3.8.x
v2.0.0 - 15th of January, 2010 = official release for 4.0.x (click here for more information)

Hall Of Fame For ALL Versions (Donations - Greatly Appreciated - Thank You)
Fungsten US$25
Budweiser US$20
CreditForum US$25
lazyseller US$30
Alisa Lindsay US$10
Alfa1 50

Acknowledgement
Thanks (and apologies) to Cybernetec for the ideas & inspiration to generate this Mod.

Keywords
SubForum, SubForums, Sub-Forum, Sub-Forums, Table, List, Grid, Child, Children, Parent

Settings, Demonstration Screenshots, Notes, etc
See post 1

If you like this Mod please click INSTALL.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Forum Display Enhancements Sorky - SubForum List Control Sorky vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 223 27 Aug 2014 06:02
Forum Display Enhancements Sorky - SubForum List Control Sorky vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 181 15 Feb 2011 07:04
Forum Display Enhancements Sorky - SubForum List Control Sorky vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 44 14 Jan 2010 13:17
Forum Display Enhancements Sorky - Thread List Formatting Sorky vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 8 02 Nov 2009 11:16
Forum Display Enhancements Sorky - Thread List Formatting Sorky vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 10 21 Jul 2008 15:35

Old 07 Mar 2011, 02:20

Hi Sorky,

First of all I'd like to thank you for making this mod. It has made my forum listing so much nicer. My members are loving it.

Anyways, I'd just like to ask you if there was a way to disable this mod based on style? I'm having trouble with this on the mobile style that vBulletin 4.1.2 offered. Any help you can provide would be very appreciated.
Old 07 Mar 2011, 03:14

Originally Posted by profanitytalker View Post
Hi Sorky,

First of all I'd like to thank you for making this mod. It has made my forum listing so much nicer. My members are loving it.

Anyways, I'd just like to ask you if there was a way to disable this mod based on style? I'm having trouble with this on the mobile style that vBulletin 4.1.2 offered. Any help you can provide would be very appreciated.
Unfortunately there is no way currently - probably not too difficult but I do not have a test system running at the moment.
Old 08 Mar 2011, 01:49

Originally Posted by Sorky View Post
Unfortunately there is no way currently - probably not too difficult but I do not have a test system running at the moment.
Sorky I can give you access to a test website I utilize if need be. Let me know please. I really need to get this working, but I also need the mobile style to work properly.
Old 08 Mar 2011, 02:48

Originally Posted by profanitytalker View Post
Sorky I can give you access to a test website I utilize if need be. Let me know please. I really need to get this working, but I also need the mobile style to work properly.
I've done a quick test on 3.8 with the mobile display, but I can't see the problem [no change]... if you can PM me details on the test system I'll take a look.

PS: I've looked into the code changes and it looks doable
Old 24 Mar 2011, 19:28

will it work for vB 4.1 ?
Old 07 Apr 2011, 19:49

Hey, what do I mess around (hopefully on this, but otherwise in templates) to edit/shrink the aread under at the bottom of the threads (they look too damn tall right now).
Old 01 Jun 2011, 13:57

Hey there - any way to disable this PER style? It messes up our mobile style, but looks good on the desktop version.
Old 01 Jun 2011, 14:09

Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
Hey there - any way to disable this PER style? It messes up our mobile style, but looks good on the desktop version.
As I answered someone below... I've done a quick test on 3.8 with the mobile display, but I can't see the problem [no change]... if you can PM me details on a test system I'll take a look.

PS: I've looked into the code changes and it looks like I can do it but as I can't see any difference on my test system, I can't be sure
Old 01 Jun 2011, 14:18

Seems you've got PM's disabled here.

I am trying to disable the plugin only for our mobile style.

As you can see in this screenshot:

The table doesn't flow at all in the mobile theme, which uses <li>s, and rather than attempt to match it on the desktop and mobile version, it'd be awesome if I could just tell the subforum plugin NOT to apply when users are on that style.

Can you help?
Old 01 Jun 2011, 18:05

(this is in vB4, btw)

I'm assuming there's a PHP call I can make in the product somewhere to tell it not to apply in a certain skin, but I'm not sure where.
Old 02 Jun 2011, 10:25

As I'm currently unregistered (vBulletin was owned by my last employer) it seems my mailbox size is ZERO and that must be why I don;t get PMs... I've enabled user email, so you can send me your site details that way.
Old 20 Jun 2011, 01:33

I have installed forum category icon hack and I have my personal category icons. When I enable your hack, the icon that I put dissapears for default icon, you can see here:

With the hack disabled:

With the hack enabled:

Also, i don't like when you put to separate subforums in 3 colums for example, there is a very big separation between subforum links, this:

I would like to have no separation, like the default format. It's possible?

Last edited by solohdes; 20 Jun 2011 at 01:48.
Old 20 Jun 2011, 02:50

Originally Posted by solohdes View Post
I have installed forum category icon hack and I have my personal category icons. When I enable your hack, the icon that I put dissapears for default icon, you can see here:
I've never tried that Mod... Probably the simplest thing to try is to go into the Plug In Manager and change the order in which the plugins work - see how it goes making my plugin earlier or later, or making the other one earlier or later.
Old 20 Jun 2011, 13:24

Earlier or later? I do not know what you mean exactly. And the second cuestion? Can you see it?

Also, i don't like when you put to separate subforums in 3 colums for example, there is a very big separation between subforum links, this:

Old 21 Jun 2011, 02:56

Earlier or later?
Lower or higher number makes them run before or after [controls their order].

Also, i don't like when you put to separate subforums in 3 colums for example, there is a very big separation between subforum links,
Setup your CSS

Yes there is an option for that