Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 01 Apr 2008, 04:26
PoetJA-1975's Avatar
PoetJA-1975 PoetJA-1975 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Real name: Jacquii Cooke
haha - I posted an interesting "Notice" at the top of Forum pages LOL - Crazy - have a look if you like - The link to JPiC (Poetry in Color Forum) is in my siggy = ROFLMAO! I'm wondering if anyone will notice?!?!? Muuuuuuuuaaaaahhhaaahaaaaaaaaaa!

Jacquii.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01 Apr 2008, 05:53
blazin blazin is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
I made my own April Fools hack this year.

How it works:

Theres a 10% chance the user's page will load from right to left. You can still read the text, but it lays the tables out opposite and will confuse people.

As an added bonus, there's a 12.5% chance of being redirected to another website. I chose www.barbie.com. You can put whatever you want.

Im not a real good vb modder, but this works for my vb 3.6.8:

1. Create a new plugin, call it "April Fools" or whatever name you'd like.

2. Set the hook location to style_fetch which is located under Vbulletin: General in the drop down list.

3. Add the following code:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

You can edit www.barbie.com with anything you want.

Make sure this plugin is set to active when you save.

Then, go into the Style Manager and edit your templates. In the header template, add this to the very beginning


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Last edited by blazin; 01 Apr 2008 at 06:36.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01 Apr 2008, 06:10
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Originally Posted by PoetJA-1975 View Post
haha - I posted an interesting "Notice" at the top of Forum pages LOL - Crazy - have a look if you like - The link to JPiC (Poetry in Color Forum) is in my siggy = ROFLMAO! I'm wondering if anyone will notice?!?!? Muuuuuuuuaaaaahhhaaahaaaaaaaaaa!

Jacquii.
That is great but you should have the link go to a page that says "Gotcha!" in big letters or something. Otherwise, you might freak out some people a little more than you meant to.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01 Apr 2008, 07:07
Hornstar's Avatar
Hornstar Hornstar is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Real name: Matt
I've done mine here www.gamerzneeds.net/forums

Closed the forums down and put a statement up saying the site is closed for good. But the truth is, I am actually moving servers currently, and had to close the forums down anyway, as I didnt want people posting on the old server.

I have already posted up my Aprils Fools Thread for when I reopen the site, everyone will know the real reason the site was closed lol. Cant wait to see there reactions. I already had some emails coming in lol
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01 Apr 2008, 13:45
SuperJETT SuperJETT is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Originally Posted by hornstar1337 View Post
I've done mine here www.gamerzneeds.net/forums

Closed the forums down and put a statement up saying the site is closed for good. But the truth is, I am actually moving servers currently, and had to close the forums down anyway, as I didnt want people posting on the old server.

I have already posted up my Aprils Fools Thread for when I reopen the site, everyone will know the real reason the site was closed lol. Cant wait to see there reactions. I already had some emails coming in lol
That's a great one that works with your server move, by itself wouldn't have been funny IMO.

I did this: http://www.x-h2o.com/showthread.php?t=33726 The forums are still functional, with the mobile theme, lots of comments there and http://www.x-h2o.com/showthread.php?t=33728

I think mine with the blinkie avatars was better last year than this one, but it's pretty good too.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01 Apr 2008, 17:23
PoetJA-1975's Avatar
PoetJA-1975 PoetJA-1975 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Real name: Jacquii Cooke
Originally Posted by Boofo View Post
That is great but you should have the link go to a page that says "Gotcha!" in big letters or something. Otherwise, you might freak out some people a little more than you meant to.
LOL - I do - There's a link that says Click here to read further details... -- The the 1st post has:



Muuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaahahaaa!

It's got some pretty fierce reactions LOL

Jacquii.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01 Apr 2008, 17:41
linesider linesider is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Originally Posted by blazin View Post
I made my own April Fools hack this year.

How it works:

Theres a 10% chance the user's page will load from right to left. You can still read the text, but it lays the tables out opposite and will confuse people.

As an added bonus, there's a 12.5% chance of being redirected to another website. I chose www.barbie.com. You can put whatever you want.

............
You can edit www.barbie.com with anything you want.

Make sure this plugin is set to active when you save.

Then, go into the Style Manager and edit your templates. In the header template, add this to the very beginning
Big hit - sent them to Barbie.com, Real Men Eat Quiche, GI Joe, and the pièce de résistance - WomenInWaders.com - truly every angler's dream (besides the fishin' )

Oh, and changed the postcount of the guy that posts the most to 1
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01 Apr 2008, 17:43
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Originally Posted by PoetJA-1975 View Post
LOL - I do - There's a link that says Click here to read further details... -- The the 1st post has:



Muuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaahahaaa!

It's got some pretty fierce reactions LOL

Jacquii.
When I clicked that link last night it just refreshed the page for me.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01 Apr 2008, 18:57
Kestryll Kestryll is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Originally Posted by blazin View Post
I made my own April Fools hack this year.

How it works:

Theres a 10% chance the user's page will load from right to left. You can still read the text, but it lays the tables out opposite and will confuse people.

As an added bonus, there's a 12.5% chance of being redirected to another website. I chose www.barbie.com. You can put whatever you want.

Im not a real good vb modder, but this works for my vb 3.6.8:

1. Create a new plugin, call it "April Fools" or whatever name you'd like.

2. Set the hook location to style_fetch which is located under Vbulletin: General in the drop down list.

3. Add the following code:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

You can edit www.barbie.com with anything you want.

Make sure this plugin is set to active when you save.

Then, go into the Style Manager and edit your templates. In the header template, add this to the very beginning


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Is there a way to use this to just randomly redirect users to a page without the right to left shift in the tables?

Thanks!
__________________
Calguns.net
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01 Apr 2008, 19:31
Rapscallion Rapscallion is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Well, the card exchange thing got slightly muddled, so we effectively asked people to register their names and addresses for the christmas card exchange eight months early. Not really as good as it could be, so one of the admins set up a link in my Site News section and asked people to donate, something I've publicly said many times I would not accept.

The link redirects to a Youtube video of Rick Astley.

Rapscallion
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01 Apr 2008, 19:34
Roxie's Avatar
Roxie Roxie is offline
 
Join Date: May 2002
Real name: Ro
Well, I used the April Fool's hack to screw with the text on the board. Then I created a thread and used the YOU replacement to blame everyone. That went over well. lol
Then I invited everyone to use the ban hack. A few people (even my admin who I warned) ended up banning themselves. Lastly, I swapped everyone's avatars (well, the frequent/daily users). Good times.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01 Apr 2008, 20:25
PoetJA-1975's Avatar
PoetJA-1975 PoetJA-1975 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Real name: Jacquii Cooke
Originally Posted by Boofo View Post
When I clicked that link last night it just refreshed the page for me.
weird - the link is actually to a forum page in our General Chat section... I just tested it as a Guest - works fine...

Jacquii.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01 Apr 2008, 20:45
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
It just didn't like me then. I'm used to that.

--------------- Added 01 Apr 2008 at 20:47 ---------------

Originally Posted by Roxie View Post
Well, I used the April Fool's hack to screw with the text on the board. Then I created a thread and used the YOU replacement to blame everyone. That went over well. lol
Then I invited everyone to use the ban hack. A few people (even my admin who I warned) ended up banning themselves. Lastly, I swapped everyone's avatars (well, the frequent/daily users). Good times.
I did one of the random gripe generators and used the "you" hack for it and it caused quite a stir. I was almost banned from my own board until I promised to behave.

Last edited by Boofo; 01 Apr 2008 at 20:47. Reason: Auto-Merged DoublePost
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01 Apr 2008, 21:04
cheat-master30's Avatar
cheat-master30 cheat-master30 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Information Classified
Real name: cheat-master30
Originally Posted by blazin View Post
I made my own April Fools hack this year.

How it works:

Theres a 10% chance the user's page will load from right to left. You can still read the text, but it lays the tables out opposite and will confuse people.

As an added bonus, there's a 12.5% chance of being redirected to another website. I chose www.barbie.com. You can put whatever you want.

Im not a real good vb modder, but this works for my vb 3.6.8:

1. Create a new plugin, call it "April Fools" or whatever name you'd like.

2. Set the hook location to style_fetch which is located under Vbulletin: General in the drop down list.

3. Add the following code:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

You can edit www.barbie.com with anything you want.

Make sure this plugin is set to active when you save.

Then, go into the Style Manager and edit your templates. In the header template, add this to the very beginning


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.
I did this, but did it every 1 in five times...
__________________
Proud vBulletin supporter (cheat-master30 at official forum)
DS Ultimate- A Great Nintendo DS forum-
My Nintendo DS forum covering Mario Kart DS, Super Mario 64 DS and the like. Powered by the amazing vBulletin 3.7 software.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01 Apr 2008, 22:07
Brad Brad is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Originally Posted by Shazz View Post
Release a hack that is "unbeliveable" and people try it then it looks like it just crashed there site with errors yet it really didn't lol
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

I don't recommend it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Miscellaneous Hacks April Fools - Ban User Adrian Schneider vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 101 30 Mar 2013 07:48
Mini Mods April Fools Hasann vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 37 30 Mar 2011 11:08



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:26.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: