Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30 Dec 2014, 23:55

.htaccess command to stop cache on forum folder?

I have WordPress installed on my hosting account along with VBulletin and my folders are being cached. This is causing login problems where I have to keep hitting refresh on the browser to show I'm logged in.

Is there a .htaccess Rewrite command I could enter to STOP caching my forum folder?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Old 31 Dec 2014, 00:47

If you stop caching, then your server load is going to go up, as well as page load times, as your are not serving cached content.

Is the login issue only happening to the vBulletin side, or WordPress side?
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 31 Dec 2014, 00:54

Only on VBulletin side.

I opened a ticket with VBulletin support and they told me it's my caching in my .htaccess file that's causing the issue and to somehow block the forum folder to prevent my login issue.

I disabled it to see what would happen (I'm using the WordPress plugin WP Super Cache) and it got a little bit better. I can login to VBulletin, click around and I stay logged in. However, as soon as I go back to the homepage it appears that I'm logged out. I have to hit Refresh in order to show that I'm logged in.

--------------- Added 31 Dec 2014 at 01:00 ---------------

Completely, removed WP Super Cache until I get this resolved. The issue still happens. So it's definitely not the caching plugin.

Last edited by THG; 31 Dec 2014 at 01:00.
Old 31 Dec 2014, 01:05

Not sure, but perhaps this.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 31 Dec 2014, 01:15

Thanks. Same results though ;-( stays logged in everywhere else. As soon as return to homepage of the forum, user is logged out. I have to hit refresh to appear logged in.
Old 31 Dec 2014, 01:18

I am not sure then, as I have not experienced this issue before. What's the link to the thread on vB.com?
Old 31 Dec 2014, 01:21

I noticed that support threads go over there after posting this.

I created an account over there, but can't post yet. Although in my Member's Area I have the box checked for both .com and .org. Since I just created the account on VBulletin.com, I think I have to wait for it to hit the system before I can post.
Old 31 Dec 2014, 01:25

Sorry, I misread, you said a ticket, not a post.