Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03 May 2008, 08:57

Originally Posted by w1z4rd View Post
Don't see why people are complaining really. You get to use the best and most intuitive forum system available on the market for what amounts to less then ten bucks a month. Consider the prices of other "premium" php applications and you will start to see what I mean. That's not even mentioning vB's excellent record of competent security updates and support.

I have tinkered with virtually every open source and retail php solution out there during the last ten years and whether it was a cms or forum script vBulletin still is and always has been heads and shoulders above the competition. To be honest they could double the price and I would still use and recommend the software above anything else.
Hooah! Well put! I personally don't think I would pay double xD but follow you with the rest
Old 03 May 2008, 16:18

I dont care what Jelsoft charges, as long as they keep ahead of competing software in terms of features. The price is well worth it IMO.
Old 03 May 2008, 18:55

Another thing to increase piracy, then say due of piracy prices should be increased which again increases piracy - that's just usual.
And reporting sites - do you really believe this would change something ? A DB and some files are faster moved and opened somewhere else a support mail is being replied.

But well - it's still ok though like above - recommending someone to pay the double price doesn't mean someone would follow this recommendation.
Open Source products get better and better over years - let's see
Old 04 May 2008, 00:40

I am really sad for the price changing too
but...Vbulletin is simply the best, it's not all in the price, look how is code vbulletin, then how is code board like phpbb and others..
Look the support on the other boards, and look the support on vbulletin.
Look the modifications for vbulletin - then look the modifications for the other boards
Look in the admincp/ and the other features in vbulletin and then look in the other boards
Look the product manager

The most important... if you have vbulletin is like to drive ferrari, if you have other kind of forum is like to drive Zastava..
Old 04 May 2008, 02:25

Well worth the money I think.

As for gas being $4 a gallon, you should try living in the UK where it's an estimated $10 a gallon :P
Old 04 May 2008, 22:11

Glad I got a owned license, and dont be late and you wont get hit with $20. I think honestly it is still a good deal
Old 05 May 2008, 14:54

My opinion on the matter is that the price increase is fair. At the end of the day Vbulletin are a business and need to make money. Labour costs for updating the software have increased in the past 8 years so they need to keep the charges in-line with this. vBuletin is updated frequently and the support is good. I'm not complaining.
Old 07 May 2008, 15:53

I would pay double for vBulletin any day. Just look how powerful it is. In my opinion, it should be more.

vBSEO is $150 -- and that is nothing to vBulletin its self.
Old 08 May 2008, 12:58

Originally Posted by w1z4rd View Post
Don't see why people are complaining really. You get to use the best and most intuitive forum system available on the market for what amounts to less then ten bucks a month. Consider the prices of other "premium" php applications and you will start to see what I mean. That's not even mentioning vB's excellent record of competent security updates and support.

I have tinkered with virtually every open source and retail php solution out there during the last ten years and whether it was a cms or forum script vBulletin still is and always has been heads and shoulders above the competition. To be honest they could double the price and I would still use and recommend the software above anything else.
amen

Originally Posted by Jase2 View Post
I would pay double for vBulletin any day. Just look how powerful it is. In my opinion, it should be more.

vBSEO is $150 -- and that is nothing to vBulletin its self.
and amen
Old 08 May 2008, 14:57

vbulletin has never complimented my site so well since 3.7 and I don't see a problem with the vbulletin license charges or the "penalty" late payment system that some people are complaining about.
Old 15 May 2008, 20:36

I have been given 100% service so the increase is not a problem for me
Old 15 May 2008, 20:57

The first price increase in a long time. It seems reasonable, even at 20%.

I bought the blog product, so these changes actually save me money (I think).
Old 15 May 2008, 21:06

The new pricing structure is very reasonable. Can't afford it? Ask your users to donate a buck or two.
Old 17 May 2008, 04:34

Originally Posted by rootnik View Post
The first price increase in a long time. It seems reasonable, even at 20%.

I bought the blog product, so these changes actually save me money (I think).
You can look at it that way, as you bought it for 50 instead of 60 and you now don't have a renewal fee.

Do not request support through any other means except the forums.

Useful Post With Links on Learning How To Develop vBulletin Plugins

Latest Modification: Stop Forum Spam Integration
Old 20 May 2008, 06:00

Price hike is alright. I agree with most people about the extra renewal charge after 60 days. It's total bull shit by the vB marketing/finance department.

It's almost as if they want to PRESSURE customers to renew. In the end, what's the point? Yeah you renew early and there is no real point. You see a patch update here and there. That's pretty much it. vB 4.0 isn't going to be out for awhile now.

So in the end, the members just have fork out extra money even if they don't use the renewal access.