Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Add custom field to postbit Details »
Add custom field to postbit
Developer Last Online: Mar 2017 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 5.1.9 Rating: (1 vote - 5.00 average) Installs: 7
Released: 28 Nov 2015 Last Update: Never Downloads: 0
Not Supported Template Edits  

There have been a few questions regarding adding location to the postbit on vb.com lately. Lynne had a write-up here in 2013 using the Product/Hook system which is the best way to do it as the mod will survive an upgrade and there is a hook exactly where it's needed. I'm not going to go into creating a product with this mod.This is an example of a template edit to add a field to the postbit that only takes a few minutes. Keep in mid, this will be overwritten during an upgrade and will need to be re-applied. Since this requires editing templates, it will not work on the cloud. I am currently working on a jquery/ajax version for the cloud, but it's a little ways down the road when I'm not so busy.

Here's how to do it.
Step 1)Go to AdminCP >> User Profile fields >> Add new user profile field
Select single line textbox > then click "continue"
Fill out the title, description and other relevant info on that page and click save. This will also create the necessary phrases for the field.
Go to AdminCP >> User Profile fields >> User Profile fields Manager. Here you will see the new field you created and the field number used in step 2. I used field8 (Location) for this example.

Step 2) Edit conversation_userinfo template. Add this code after {vb:hook 'conversation_userstats'} on or about line 53 and click save.

Step 3) Goto your user profile and click edit settings. Scroll down on the profile tab and fill the new field with the info.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

You can add classes in the code for custom CSS if you prefer. The default list view kind of sucks IMO.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	postbit.png
Views:	225
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	153763  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Remove Location display if author has no location JJR512 vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 16 28 Apr 2003 09:19

Old 11 Aug 2016, 21:26

This modification is obsolete and cumbersome and was more or less a workaround until a proper mod was created. Noypiscripter has a mod that is far superior to this one and much easier to implement and is up to date. You can get it here.
Old 11 Aug 2016, 21:43

Thank you, I appreciate the direction =)
Old 15 Aug 2016, 05:03

Originally Posted by Replicant View Post
This modification is obsolete and cumbersome and was more or less a workaround until a proper mod was created. Noypiscripter has a mod that is far superior to this one and much easier to implement and is up to date. You can get it here.
Thanks Replicant!

Old 20 Sep 2017, 12:26

Many Thanks

Many Thanks,

I am looking for the integration of the homepage from the profile page to the postbit