Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 13 Aug 2008, 17:17

Originally Posted by Veccy 150 View Post
If you are talking to me then i never stated in my post that it was a garage module, i simply said that i use it for my garages.

Read it properly please before jumping the gun next time.
I didn't jump any gun - [quote Veccy 150]We are using vbpicgallery as a garages system at the moment and it does the job fine until something more suited comes out. [/quote]

That is your OPINION - which is as useless as any one else's opinion including mine.

vpicgallery is NOT a garage. It is a picture gallery. If it works great for you - woo f'n hoo. It does not work great for many of us. This thread (and countless others) are for people who want a REAL garage. Thankfully one is just about done.

Comprehend please before jumping the gun next time. Unbelievable.
Old 13 Aug 2008, 17:28

OK, back on track here guys. Pete, I agree vbpicgallery isn't a garage. I think Veccy was just offering me a suggestion that may or not be suitable for my application in the interim of someone producing one which will work for us. For the idea, I appreciate his effort and I'm sure once he saw the link I posted to the forum above with a garage, he saw the differences in what he has and what I need.

As for "Thankfully one is just about done", do we have confirmation of that from a certain source that one is REALLY almost done that will be made available to the public. I assume you're talking about the one for e1320.com. However, that thread looks to have gone stail with no updates from him since the end of July.

I would post a request for an update but since this is the determing factor of our purchase, I haven't a license and hence, can't post in the real meat of the forum to inquire. I would happily watch closely if someone was to post in that thread (that I linked in my first post of this thread) asking for an update on teh status and if he was still going to make it available for free.

Thanks!
Old 13 Aug 2008, 17:39

Yes I have been doing beta testing for someone. It was completed the other day. They did a very good job, took a lot of suggestions from 'a car guy's perspective' instead of a coders.

No, it is not e1320's.

It does not use a central repository.

Unfortunately my programmer left for vacation this morning so it will be a week before we have it installed on a second system.

I don't think they can announce it on here because they will be looking for donations. I don't know how all of that works admittedly so that is the reason for me being vague. I don't want to get them (or myself) in any trouble.
Old 13 Aug 2008, 17:43

Well that makes sense and I wouldn't want you getting in trouble on here. If you want to email me more details, you can do so to my user name @ gmail.

I am certainly glad ot get a confirmation that something is underway and nearing completion.

Thanks Pete!
Old 14 Aug 2008, 05:37

It seems like a simple garage could be made by modifying a few phrases and adding more input boxes for speed, torque, etc.
Old 15 Aug 2008, 15:50

Originally Posted by youradhere4222 View Post
It seems like a simple garage could be made by modifying a few phrases and adding more input boxes for speed, torque, etc.
It's much more than that. What makes the garage the garage is the ability to have modifications entered in subsectons and put dollar amounts, where they were purchased, manufacturers, etc. vPicGallery simply provides a text box to write things. I agree it should have been done this way from the start, but if they haven't changed it in the past year of everyone screaming for a garage I doubt they will now.

Doesn't matter, there is a live working copy now. I should have our copy up as soon as our programmer returns - he's psyched to install it.
Old 15 Aug 2008, 20:41

Would love to see what they are doing

I have a huge car site that this would be a great solution and would be very happy to support any way needed to keep it going
Old 19 Aug 2008, 00:22

Oh wow! This is wonderful news!

Subscribed!!

Thank you, SnkyPete!!
Old 19 Aug 2008, 01:04

Don't thank me, thank the developer LOL

I spoke to him today, v1.1.1 should be ready tomorrow cleaning up some small bugs.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 01:19

Originally Posted by Snkypete View Post
Don't thank me, thank the developer LOL

I spoke to him today, v1.1.1 should be ready tomorrow cleaning up some small bugs.

It's out and he got it blowing smoke

We beat the poop out of it and looking great!!!

Hopefully it will get released shortly

Thanks Snkypete
Old 19 Aug 2008, 01:49

/subscribed.

I'd pay money for a truly integrated garage.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 03:47

Can't wait to see the product!! Will it be a pay product, or free for all? Either way, I'll be picking up a copy ASAP. We've been on vB for over 2 years now and have been looking for a garage the whole time to replace the phpbbgarage we used to have.

Speaking of which, if this is a port of Fusion Scripts, will I be able to import the db info from the phpbbgarage? That would make this even better!!
Old 19 Aug 2008, 05:22

Originally Posted by wottech View Post
Speaking of which, if this is a port of Fusion Scripts, will I be able to import the db info from the phpbbgarage? That would make this even better!!
**The info below references the table, "phpbb_garage", where the DB prefix in this case is 'phpBB'.**

You should be able to, but I would make sure that the member IDs on your VBulletin install match those of your old phpBB forum install.

More specifically, your database info for your phpBBGarage will have matched the member IDs from your old phpBB forum install.

Therefore, you will need to make sure you look at the tables in your DB of the (soon to be installed) VBulletin port of the Garage AND your backed up phpBBGarage DB and compare the two and make any necessary adjustments.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 07:54

This thread goes now way beyond what is allowed in the Pre-Sales section.

Closing.