Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25 Jul 2012, 19:51

Too bad. There is no sense in upgrading to vb4 with vb5 around the corner.
Old 25 Jul 2012, 19:59

Originally Posted by Alfa1 View Post
Too bad. There is no sense in upgrading to vb4 with vb5 around the corner.
will upgraded it for vb5 when it is released, but i won't do it for vb3. In keeping vB5 mind, i am using jquery for most of javascript functions otherwise i am very good in YUI.

Review is a standalone script (i mean it doesn't uses too many hooks) so only template changes will be required for vB5.
Old 26 Jul 2012, 08:04

Originally Posted by Alfa1 View Post
Too bad. There is no sense in upgrading to vb4 with vb5 around the
ner.
Doesn't makes much sense to request a solution for vB4 and switch back to vB3 now...
Especially there is an existing solution for vB3.
Originally Posted by Badshah93 View Post
will upgraded it for vb5 when it is released, but i won't do it for vb3. In keeping vB5 mind, i am using jquery for most of javascript functions otherwise i am very good in YUI.

Review is a standalone script (i mean it doesn't uses too many hooks) so only template changes will be required for vB5.
Is the given time frame still valid? (end of month)
Old 27 Jul 2012, 02:55

GARS has been dead for many years, and its not compatible with vb3.8.7 and current server software. I still run it, but with issues. It would make a lot of sense to switch to another solution.

It simply makes no sense to me to update to vb4 all my 110 addons, many of which are custom coded, invest a significant amount of time and money to do so, only to update to vb5 months later. But thats from my standpoint. I can fully appreciate that developers see no point in developing for vb3, or even vb4 with vb5 around the corner.
Old 27 Jul 2012, 06:20

But not everyone is going to upgrade to vb4 or vb5 or vb6. A lot of us are going to remain on vb3. But anyway, it doesn't matter, I've decided to buy reviewpost for $89. They support vb3
Old 27 Jul 2012, 10:31

Reviewpost is very ugly.. I'd be quite happy with vb4 version that also works with vb5.. asking for a vb3 version is like asking for windows 98 software.
Old 27 Jul 2012, 11:10

Originally Posted by vissa View Post
asking for a vb3 version is like asking for windows 98 software.
Agreed, but I know of a good few forums that I frequent that have in excess of a few million posts that are still running as low as 3.6, but anyway, it's a pointless argument, lets move on.
Old 04 Aug 2012, 09:17

No news about forummods or Badshah93?
Until now we have only vbcover product in the market, but I can't use coded products in my site.
Old 08 Aug 2012, 12:22

Originally Posted by vissa View Post
Reviewpost is very ugly.. I'd be quite happy with vb4 version that also works with vb5.. asking for a vb3 version is like asking for windows 98 software.
No it's not. You obviously don't run large forums, or depend on them for your livelihood.

I'm looking for a 3.8 alternative...and have money to put down to get it done.
Old 09 Aug 2012, 03:01

Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
No it's not. You obviously don't run large forums, or depend on them for your livelihood.

I'm looking for a 3.8 alternative...and have money to put down to get it done.
You're mistaken -- your forum is an order of magnitude smaller than ones I manage. I stand by my comment that reviewpost is ugly as heck and totally outdated looking.. I don't think it's been updated feature or style-wise in years.. If it was, I would have used it a long long time ago. It's a viable option for a vb 3.x board that has no other alternative. There are much better free options right now for 4.x here at vb.org, and some paid options too.

Why all the sudden interest by photopost/reviewpost 'users?' Your gun board has like 30 reviews total in the past 2 years, which is like 0.00001% of your number of posts... Doesn't seem like a very successful investment (and most of the reviews are totally empty without activity). You already have it installed on your 'huge' forum, so why are you arguing you have money to put down for a product? Let's be honest here folks and not try to use this thread for advertising/shilling...
Old 11 Aug 2012, 14:16

Originally Posted by Badshah93 View Post
Sneak Peak Of My Review Mod (User Reviews) Page.

vFcoders - vBReviews is as big as vBCMS and it has every feature which is listed in first post of this thread.
Will release free version by end of this month here in vbulletin.org and pro version in vfcoders.

Regards
Aayush
So, how'd this go?
Old 24 Aug 2012, 11:40

I am willing to put in some money.
Old 31 Aug 2012, 05:23

no news until now !!

all coders which made announcements about their reviews mod, suddenly disappear !!

are all of that mods considered dead?
Old 31 Aug 2012, 13:10

Must be a hard mod to create.
Maybe it will be easier on VB5.
Old 31 Aug 2012, 13:27

I have my eyes set on vb5. If vb5 will be good enough then I will need a reviews full blown content type created. Its currently not known if this can be created for vb5.0 or if we need to wait for the vb5 version that supports the CMS.

I am communicating with senior developers about this. If no one will deliver the needed functionality as commercially available software, then I will have this coded.

It is indeed a big expensive project, but with multiple investors its doable.
Anyone who wants to be part of this by investing in the project, should let me know.