Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 20 Sep 2017, 11:34
dimitrisvb's Avatar
dimitrisvb dimitrisvb is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Question Responsive skin for vB 4?

I have vB4 installed and I'd be happy about it if it wasn't that my forum doesn't look that well on mobile devices when lots of people visit us (or strive to visit us) with their tablet and cellphone.

I'm amazed that I have actually paid again and again for vB (versions 3 and 4) and I don't have such a basic functionality which I have for free on my other phpBB forum.

Is there a mobile device friendly (responsive) skin for the vBulletin 4, out there?

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20 Sep 2017, 11:40
IggyP IggyP is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
sultan has one but it comes packaged with its own hells lol....maybe looks good on 5000px display or something idk, used it as a base template tho...some of the codes are good..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20 Nov 2017, 05:19
djbaxter djbaxter is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
You really can't have a responsive theme for vB4. vB4 itself is not responsive. I know you can find themes for vB4 advertised as responsive but that's really a misleading description.

The best you can do is create a mobile theme that looks better, works better, and is less klutzy than the default vB4 mobile style. There are a few of those out there.

See an example at https://themeforest.net/item/metro-a...55714?s_rank=6 - that one also has "matching" full styles too: https://themeforest.net/item/metro-a...55714?s_rank=6
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20 Nov 2017, 20:18
webmastersun's Avatar
webmastersun webmastersun is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Originally Posted by dimitrisvb View Post
I have vB4 installed and I'd be happy about it if it wasn't that my forum doesn't look that well on mobile devices when lots of people visit us (or strive to visit us) with their tablet and cellphone.

I'm amazed that I have actually paid again and again for vB (versions 3 and 4) and I don't have such a basic functionality which I have for free on my other phpBB forum.

Is there a mobile device friendly (responsive) skin for the vBulletin 4, out there?

thanks
You can search around the forum to find a responsive theme as IggyP suggested.

If not, you need to make it as responsive template like I did for my forum but it requires more works on your default style.
__________________
The best webmaster forum & internet marketing forum for webmasters and internet marketers.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20 Nov 2017, 20:31
Dave Dave is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Real name: Dave
Making your forum "responsive" isn't hard. Making it mobile friendly however is an entirely different task and I have yet to see a mobile-friendly full-responsive vBulletin 4 theme.
__________________
https://technidev.com - security, development, exploits, vBulletin
dave[at]technidev[dot]com

Contact me for custom vBulletin 3/4 work & server/website management.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 14 Jan 2018, 10:56
Emad ELsayed's Avatar
Emad ELsayed Emad ELsayed is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Originally Posted by webmastersun View Post
If not, you need to make it as responsive template like I did for my forum but it requires more works on your default style.
Hello dear
What are the steps to edit the default style?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02 Feb 2018, 08:00
romaine's Avatar
romaine romaine is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Originally Posted by djbaxter View Post
You really can't have a responsive theme for vB4. vB4 itself is not responsive. I know you can find themes for vB4 advertised as responsive but that's really a misleading description.
I agree with this option and vB4 is obviously not a responsive design but it can become a responsive theme if we can change it or integrate it with a css framework.

Originally Posted by djbaxter View Post
The best you can do is create a mobile theme that looks better, works better, and is less klutzy than the default vB4 mobile style. There are a few of those out there.
Honestly I used mobile style but it lacks of functions that already have on desktop version, thus if possible, we should have a responsive theme is the best.
__________________
Best smartphones 2018 - smartphones discussion forums, reviews and news.
Tranh phong cảnh, khung tranh đẹp
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03 Feb 2018, 15:21
napy8gen's Avatar
napy8gen napy8gen is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Real name: hanafi
You guys can check out my vb4 responsive here.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:40.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: