Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Article Options
Old 29 Apr 2012, 05:17

It is possible that something else got altered in our customized styles but this part seemed so simple that I don't really see how.

Here is a link to the site to see what it looks like. http://mb.nawcc.org you do not need to be logged in the see the irregular formatting.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 17:15

The only page I see the subforums listed in columns is on the main page. None of the forumdisplay pages have that, so I am not seeing any problem at all.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 29 Apr 2012, 18:42

I thought we were talking about the listing of subforums on the main page. That is what I was using your css for.

Since the upgrade the right hand columns do not align between categories. Before the upgrade all the right hand columns started on the same column position. I had thought that the ol 100% list followed by the 1i 50% width would control the alignment.

The person who set up the styles for that display is no longer available, so maybe I just need to study it some more if you say it is unrelated to this css discussion.
Old 30 Apr 2012, 00:39

Ah, I see what you mean. You said it differed from forum to forum and I thought you meant looking at one forum page (forumdisplay) versus another (cuz if you have subforums on those pages, then the code will align them on those pages also).

If you look at the page using firebug, you'll see that the width given to each of the <li> is different. You need to do something to set those to 100%. You'll have to play with it a bit cuz lists are a bit odd with CSS.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
Old 29 May 2012, 19:28

Thanks, just used this in one of our forums. Great help!
Old 14 Jul 2012, 02:39

Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. I just tested that on my default 4.1.12 site and it looks the same on the forum.php page as on the forumdisplay.php page.
Lynne - this is perhaps one of the most useful articles in the 10+ years I have been around. I can't tell you how much work it saves so many people trying to accomplish the same and used to do with awful plugins.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 03:00

I'm glad you found it useful.

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 21 Jul 2012, 05:48

Hi Lynne,

Thanks for putting this code up. So i managed to split a specific category. This category has 30 forums in it. So i was thinking this code would split 15 on the left and 15 on the right. Instead it has done 12 on the left and 18 on the right. Any ideas on how to fix this? I've tried fiddling with some percentages, but i'm lost.

Help would be appreciated thanks.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 18:21

Originally Posted by Dr Aj642 View Post
Hi Lynne,

Thanks for putting this code up. So i managed to split a specific category. This category has 30 forums in it. So i was thinking this code would split 15 on the left and 15 on the right. Instead it has done 12 on the left and 18 on the right. Any ideas on how to fix this? I've tried fiddling with some percentages, but i'm lost.

Help would be appreciated thanks.
How about a link to view the problem? (If a forum name is really long, then it may 'push' another forum to be listed underneath it instead of beside it.)

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 22 Jul 2012, 06:45

How about a link to view the problem? (If a forum name is really long, then it may 'push' another forum to be listed underneath it instead of beside it.)
Here is what it looks like http://abasketballjones.com/wp-conte...rum-column.png

The above image is only half of it. But still you see whats happened.

This is the code i put in:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Old 25 Jul 2012, 05:53

any ideas lynne?
Old 25 Jul 2012, 17:37

As I said, I need a link to the site/style in order to view the problem. I like to use firebug for CSS issues and I can't do that without a link to the site/style.

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 30 Jul 2012, 19:40

Question

Ah, I see what you mean. You said it differed from forum to forum and I thought you meant looking at one forum page (forumdisplay) versus another (cuz if you have subforums on those pages, then the code will align them on those pages also).

If you look at the page using firebug, you'll see that the width given to each of the <li> is different. You need to do something to set those to 100%. You'll have to play with it a bit cuz lists are a bit odd with CSS.
This response sf from a while ago, but I had some time today to look at it again and I remain confused about what is going on. I examined several of the li tags with FireBug and they all are pretty much the same. Where would I find the width you are referring to above?

Here is what the code looks like.

html:

css:

The css looks just like your example to me but there does not seem to be any width control. I suppose it is possible that the containers have different widths, but visibly they are the same for each of the categories.
Old 06 Aug 2012, 09:54

As I said, I need a link to the site/style in order to view the problem. I like to use firebug for CSS issues and I can't do that without a link to the site/style.
Ok, here it is.

http://abasketballjones.com/forum/forum.php?styleid=3

Hope that helps.

Cheers Lynne
Old 06 Aug 2012, 18:03

Originally Posted by Dr Aj642 View Post
Ok, here it is.

http://abasketballjones.com/forum/forum.php?styleid=3

Hope that helps.

Cheers Lynne
You should increase the min-height for ".forumbit_nopost .forumbit_nopost .forumrow, .forumbit_post .forumrow" to something like 100px or so and see if that fixes it.

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual