Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
[Postbit-Legacy Hack] Attractive User Info Boxes for Posts Details »
[Postbit-Legacy Hack] Attractive User Info Boxes for Posts
Developer Last Online: Jan 2018 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.x Rating: (4 votes - 4.75 average) Installs: 32
Released: 06 Mar 2014 Last Update: Never Downloads: 0
Not Supported Template Edits Re-usable Code  

This mod will allow you to create attractive custom containers for your member's user info in postbit. For example, Join date, post count, location, thanks etc.

See screenshot in attachments for example.

First, you need to add a class to your additional.css files.

Go to styles and templates > edit templates > css templates > additional.css

Add to the bottom:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Change color, width, and background-color to suit your sites needs.

Now you need to make some edits to your postbit_legacy template.

Go to styles and templates > edit templates > postbit templates > postbit_legacy

Find:

Change it to:

Find:

Change it to:

Find:

Change it to:

Find:

Change it to:

Essentially all that you've done here is wrapped the new div tag around each element of your user info displayed in the sidebar.

So the above template edits can also be applied to templates for other mods which display info here such as Abe's Post Thank You Hack.

NOTE: To also include place BLOG ENTRIES inside the same box, see post #3 http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...70&postcount=3

Enjoy!

Check out my other Template Modifications for 4.x!

Link Private Forums to thread instead of error message

Sidebar Anywhere Enhancement - Custom Blocks Per Forum or Page

Change Thread Title Color for Specific Forums on Homepage

Change Background Color for Specific Forums on Homepage

Change Title Color of Specific Forums on Homepage

Thread Starter Image in Postbit for OP

CUSTOM BUTTONS that look like your forum!

Custom User Rank Box in Posts

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	custom_postbit_userinfo_container.png
Views:	1598
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	148367  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Show Thread Enhancements User info boxes for postbit legacy. megabink vBulletin 4.x Template Modifications 11 28 Dec 2013 16:25

Old 27 Jun 2014, 02:37

Originally Posted by addamroy View Post
EDIT - In your code, you put the closing vb:if conditional inside the div instead of after it

Should be </div></vb:if> not </vb:if></div>
Yes, I know. That is what breaks the template. As I said in the first post about this. When I try to put the DIVs inside the IFs, it breaks the template.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 11:55

Originally Posted by Max Taxable View Post
In vBulletin 4.2.1 - <vb:if> conditionals with this - how do we handle that syntax?

We have alot of custom fields in postbit, and they have IF conditionals, but if the field isn't filled in by the user the box still shows, but is empty.

When i try to put the DIVs inside the IFs, it breaks the template.
Try replacing your postbit_legacy with this:

Old 27 Jun 2014, 11:58

The code you provided me in your example was incorrect, my response was based on the code errors i saw in what you showed. So if your reply is "i know", then please provide the broken code so I can have another look.

One of your entries, you had half a div inside an if, and the other half of the div outside the if. Then you had other entries with the entire if is inside the div. You should go back through and try again.

Unless the postbit legacy code you provided isn't the actual code that you're using, because what you provided a couple posts back definitely has errors..

The conditionals cannot break the template, all they do is show the div or not show the div, depending on if the user has entered any value. I recommend going through each entry for your custom fields and double check your code making sure it is done exactly as instructed. See post 12 on the previous page

Last edited by addamroy; 28 Jun 2014 at 13:55.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 15:10

Originally Posted by Black Snow View Post
Try replacing your postbit_legacy with this:

Thank you very much for the work involved and for the help.

However, only marginally better than i had, as seen in my screengrab in post 12. Here's what we get now using your provided code:

A couple of the boxes are still showing when nothing is entered in the custom fields.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 18:51

Also, trying to support the rounded corners for safari, using the webkit definition, and having zero luck. Trying it this way:

Still getting squared corners in safari and chrome. Any ideas?

Last edited by Max Taxable; 27 Jun 2014 at 19:10.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 13:57

Thank you very much for the work involved and for the help.

However, only marginally better than i had, as seen in my screengrab in post 12. Here's what we get now using your provided code:

A couple of the boxes are still showing when nothing is entered in the custom fields.
Don't use the code he provided, because he made the same mistakes you did when trying to fix your code.

Read my post #12, and post #18, that will fix your problem.

As far as the rounded corners in Safari, I'm not fluent with syntax and compatibility with that browser so I personally cannot point you in the right direction, but maybe someone else will chime in.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 14:11

Read my post #12, and post #18, that will fix your problem.
You could provide specifics, for post #18. I ignored it as it was too general. Try it line number by line number, would be much more helpful. Post #12 was irrelevant, as I had tried your suggestion there already, and it broke the template.

Any mistakes in this template aren't mine, I have no access to edit the template directly and am trying to help someone else via skype. It is also a custom style and there is no telling what errors existed in it before any edits were made. I didn't have any trouble at all doing this myself, for my own sites, years before you posted this.
Don't use the code he provided, because he made the same mistakes you did when trying to fix your code.
But somehow, his code improved the situation quite a bit, and didn't break the pagination.
As far as the rounded corners in Safari, I'm not fluent with syntax and compatibility with that browser so I personally cannot point you in the right direction, but maybe someone else will chime in.
I am pretty sure I solved that part, just looking back at my own custom CSS for rounded corners, on one of my sites. The following works splendidly for me anyway, you might consider adding it to your CSS for this:

We have to list the webkit and mozilla definitions first apparently, then the IE/Opera one last, otherwise the first two get ignored by Safari for some reason.
Old 29 Jun 2014, 13:38

But somehow, his code improved the situation quite a bit, and didn't break the pagination.
His code is still wrong. It is just better than what you provided. He should have put the DIV containers INSIDE the IF conditions, instead of the IF conditions inside the DIV containers.

And, some of your code had an opening div tag, AFTER the opening IF condition,, then you (or your friend whom you are assisting) closed it with a closing IF condition BEFORE closing the div. ex. if div - if div
That means you have half of your DIV container inside the if condition and half outside, or vice versa, this is why your template is breaking as I said in a previous post.

I provided you with the correct format of the code,
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...6&postcount=15

Do this for each custom field...

That's the best I can do, I told you exactly what is wrong with your code and how to fix it, you or your friend incorrectly implemented the code I provided.
Old 29 Jun 2014, 13:47

That's the best I can do, I told you exactly what is wrong with your code and how to fix it, you or your friend incorrectly implemented the code I provided.
If you can't provide line numbers to where these DIV errors allegedly are, it's not much help I'm sorry to say.

The formatting only breaks when I apply the edits as you're instructing. It was done that way before any questions were asked. Hence the questions.
Old 30 Jun 2014, 01:42

If you can't provide line numbers to where these DIV errors allegedly are, it's not much help I'm sorry to say.

The formatting only breaks when I apply the edits as you're instructing. It was done that way before any questions were asked. Hence the questions.
I'm not going to provide line numbers, I physically copied and pasted a portion of your flawed code, then fixed it for you... rinse and repeat you can fix the rest of the custom field entries. Your issue is not an error in my code it is an error in yours.

You applied my edits incorrectly, as I said before. That's why you're still having problems...

Any further posts about this problem will only be in vein.
Old 30 Jun 2014, 02:24

I'm not going to provide line numbers, I physically copied and pasted a portion of your flawed code, then fixed it for you... rinse and repeat you can fix the rest of the custom field entries. Your issue is not an error in my code it is an error in yours.

You applied my edits incorrectly, as I said before. That's why you're still having problems...
They're not having any more problems. They decided on a different setup for this. And - no one said ever, there was a error in your offering. No one ever made such a claim.

Any further posts about this problem will only be in vein.
Or, vain even?
Old 30 Jun 2014, 02:28

Or, vain even?
Lol yes, vain.
Old 20 Jul 2014, 18:45

works a dream on a custom vB style - my postbit is organised to cover situations where a user doesn't fill in fields and works fine, the basic instructions are fine - you literally surround the option within the div's and it works fine.

Marked as installed - thanks mate

Some examples to help those still struggling.....

Join date -

Custom Field 1 (location) -

Old 15 Aug 2014, 13:34

Thanks for clarifying that for others Stevie!
Old 15 Oct 2014, 10:37

You could also try this Max:

Sorry for the late reply. I missed some things in my previous submission lol. Let me know if it works.