Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18 Dec 2014, 00:13

Yeah, I can't even get that message to show up and it's frustrating me. I don't think I can deal with it any more tonight.

I noticed that the template uses $userinfo in a condition, but for some reason it's not registered in the example plugin. Maybe it's preRegistered somewhere else or something. But that does mean that {userinfo.fieldX} would work if the profile fields are actually there (and since this is the profile page you'd think they would be).

Did you create those fields as private? Even if you did they should appear when you're looking at your own profile. You have data entered for those fields, right? I just can't think of any other reason right now.

Anyway, I'll look at it again in the morning if you haven't figured it out by then. If I can get the template to appear then I can figure out the field value problem.
Old 18 Dec 2014, 00:24

Yeah Kevin, sometimes it is best to step back for the night, and come at it fresh in the morning.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 18 Dec 2014, 02:35

Yeah, i have entered data and i am even displaying this information on my postbit_legacy template with all the numbers showing up, but for some reason when i try the same thing on a member profile tab, nothing shows up.

I'm still trying to look for a way.. i know you can go into custom "profile field categories" and set it to display on it's own tab...i think it uses the template "memberinfo_block_profilefield" but even using that template the numbers don't show up in the code i used for postbit_legacy.

Thanks for helping me out on this! do you have any ideas Chris?
Attached Images
File Type: png postbit.png (131.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 18 Dec 2014, 11:21

OK, I have no idea what my problem was yesterday, but I went back to using the plugin code and template code from the guide and got it to appear. Then I added a register line for userinfo, like:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

(that goes near the bottom, registering to the memberinfo_block_test template).

Now here's where I might have steered you wrong, just because I was spacing out - you should add {vb:raw userinfo.field7} in the template (I don't know why I was forgetting the vb:raw part). Anyway, if that was the only problem you were having, I'm really sorry about that.

So if you can get those values displaying then you probably would want to add code to the plugin to calculate whatever values you need for the chart and register them to the template, then you just have to copy that chart html to your template and insert the parameters.
Old 18 Dec 2014, 12:33

You were pretty close, just forgot to mention to change (if $post) to (if $userinfo)... but thanks for your help. I will try get this chart working, if i have any questions i will post back.
Old 18 Dec 2014, 12:37

Originally Posted by gfran5 View Post
You were pretty close, just forgot to mention to change (if $post) to (if $userinfo)... but thanks for your help. I will try get this chart working, if i have any questions i will post back.
Oh...oops, yeah, I wasn't using your template, I was using the one from the how-to page. I guess that turned out to be your problem? Oh well, the rest should be easy.
Old 18 Dec 2014, 14:01

Hi,

This is slightly unrelated but i'm having some CSS issues on the template: Link to the page

For some reason my footer is half may up the page, rather than normal position on bottom.

Here is my template code:

Old 18 Dec 2014, 14:08

I'm not really an html/css person, but I looked at the page and your new tab doesn't look like it's any different than the other tabs, so I don't think the problem is in the template for the new tab. I see that the .footerBanner css has absolute positioning for that 'free gift' image, so that's why that's in the middle of eveyrthing. There's also that red line, but I don't know exactly why that's happening.
Old 18 Dec 2014, 14:21

That red line goes with the footer-main section, making the advertisement absolute doesn't fix the issue, this is getting me confused, because the only pages effected are the ones on the member profile... could it be anything in the PHP code?
Old 18 Dec 2014, 14:24

Does it still happen if you disable the new plugin?
Old 18 Dec 2014, 14:27

Sorry don't worry i've figured it out, was missing just one </div> element.. lol hate when it's that simple right in front of your face.
Old 18 Dec 2014, 14:29

Glad you figured it out. I should just not reply at all when people ask html questions.
Old 19 Dec 2014, 08:00

Hi,

Was wondering if you know how to do math equations in html template just simple things like times, divide, etc ?
Old 19 Dec 2014, 08:56

There is a {vb:math expression} tag that lets you do some simple math, but I don't think it's used much, and if I remember correctly there's some limitation so that it's not very useful. It may be that you can't use variables in the expressions or something like that.

In general I think you'll probably have to do you calculations in the plugin.
Old 19 Dec 2014, 12:44

So i was able to use vb:math to do what i wanted but i can't control the number of decimals displayed. So how would i do the maths in the plugin? and then call the equation in the template? I was trying to measure BMI based off height and weight but need to do

this is in my template and is right answer, with heaps of decimals: