Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 28 Oct 2004, 21:38
kamu kamu is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Recognize this style?

I came accross http://www.nocturnal-soldiers.com/ today. I've been looking for this skin but I can't find it anywhere. This guy has his name at the bottom and made a few modifications but I know I've seen it on other boards.

Can anybody help me out?
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 29 Oct 2004, 07:41
NawkOut NawkOut is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
I've seen it before also.

I think it was made by vbforumskins, which no longer exists.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29 Oct 2004, 10:18
kamu kamu is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Originally Posted by NawkOut
I've seen it before also.

I think it was made by vbforumskins, which no longer exists.
That's a huge disappointment

I appriciate the info. If anybody has a backup of the skin and would be willing to send it to me I would appriciate it dearly.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 29 Oct 2004, 12:14
AlexanderT's Avatar
AlexanderT AlexanderT is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Its custom-made, not by vbforumskins. Perhaps you should contact this guy, who is, I think "Stephen Medd", the person who designed that page:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/member.php?u=31418
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 29 Oct 2004, 13:34
Dean C's Avatar
Dean C Dean C is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Real name: Dean Clatworthy
Originally Posted by kamu
That's a huge disappointment

I appriciate the info. If anybody has a backup of the skin and would be willing to send it to me I would appriciate it dearly.

Thanks
Just to note you'd be breaking the law by using this style without paying for the right to use it. Also the person sending you the style would be breaking the law for distributing licensed material. Even thought vBskins.com no longer is in business, the author retains copyrights over his products.

But as was already mentioned the skin is a custom one and not made by vBskins.com
__________________
Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 29 Oct 2004, 14:16
Andreas's Avatar
Andreas Andreas is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Real name: Andreas
Originally Posted by Dean C
Just to note you'd be breaking the law by using this style without paying for the right to use it. Also the person sending you the style would be breaking the law for distributing licensed material.
Uhmm ... not necessarily.
What if the skin was published under a free license that permits (re)distribution like the GPL?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 29 Oct 2004, 15:16
Zachery's Avatar
Zachery Zachery is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Real name: Zachery Woods
Originally Posted by KirbyDE
Uhmm ... not necessarily.
What if the skin was published under a free license that permits (re)distribution like the GPL?
The work that Corey Wojen did was not released under that licernse.
__________________
Looking for ImpEx?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 29 Oct 2004, 15:20
Dean C's Avatar
Dean C Dean C is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Real name: Dean Clatworthy
As Zak said all of vBskins.com work was paid.
__________________
Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 29 Oct 2004, 16:29
deathemperor's Avatar
deathemperor deathemperor is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Real name: Lucius Hunk
I've made myself a style similar to that, a little. but I used more 'blue' than this used dark blue.

that's just a simple made style by the way.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 15:43.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: