Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
All Topic - Master Forums - Shows threads from multiple forums in one forum Details »
All Topic - Master Forums - Shows threads from multiple forums in one forum
Developer Last Online: Dec 2020 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.x Rating: (18 votes - 4.89 average) Installs: 100
Released: 04 Jul 2010 Last Update: 06 Jun 2011 Downloads: 504
Not Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Template Code Changes  

This a complete and total upgrade to version 2.0!

New Version: 2.2

NOTE: VB 4.2.0(and over) Users DO NOT do the Manual File Edit on forumdisplay.php in the directions.

1 manual file edit is required to fix a bug where the thread count may be wrong in the master forum. Details in instructions in zip file.

You can now specify an * to denote "all forums" when creating a master forum. See instructions for details.

In addition this mod will be able to auto edit your templates if you run the standard threadbit template, otherwise there are instructions in the zip file for manual template edits if needed.

New in 2.2: Show or hide sticky threads from slave forums on the master forum.

What does this mod do? - Basically this is only the most awesomest mod ever for vBulletin. You can now view threads from other forums in "Master Forums" you designate.

For example on my site "Off Topic" is my "Master Forum" and virtually all other forums are assigned to the Master Forum offering user's the ability to browse 1 forum while seeing threads from many others.

New in version 2.0: You can now have multiple master forums.

See the screen shots for an example.

All instructions are included in the zip file.

As pointed out by phpdesk you must have at least 1 thread in your master forum for this to work.

I have tested this on VB 4.0.8 and am sure it will work on all 4.0/4.1 versions to date. There is a separate version for VB 3.x.

You can mostly ignore all posts in this thread up to post #25. Old posts are no longer relevant to this new version. (Note: post #7 is still relevant if you have only 1 master forum.)

------------------------------------------------------

Please "Mark as Installed" if you use this.
Donations always appreciated.
Nominate MOTM if you LOVE it!

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	ss_masterforum_set.jpg
Views:	1626
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	124711   Click image for larger version

Name:	ss_masterforum_vb4.jpg
Views:	3554
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	124712  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Forum Display Enhancements All Topic / Master Forums - View Threads from Multiple Forums in a Master Forums BirdOPrey5 vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 77 25 May 2016 07:31

Old 20 Dec 2012, 18:42

Right but in that case it's the same icon used everywhere on the site, right? Unless you have a specific style set for each forum?

@BirdOPrey5 | All Things BOP5 | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I no longer making new VB mods, sorry.
Old 20 Dec 2012, 19:40

yes, its same icon used for everything within that forum subforum
Old 20 Dec 2012, 20:08

But is it a style being used for that forum/sub-forum or some other way you set it unique by forum? This mod isn't going to look at custom styles to pull the icons from that style if that is what you are asking- sorry- that was never something it was intended to do.

Old 20 Dec 2012, 20:19

Same using default style, i have set icons in default and in a custom style and master forums doesn't pull from either or any just shows default thread status icon.

As suggested above if at all possible maybe an option in master forums to tell it too use forum or sub forum icons.

Maybe its just not possible but had to ask.
Old 20 Dec 2012, 23:46

On vBulletin.com you posted this:

Sorry joe you did but he was vague. Once master forums is set up and you have all your threads listing under your delegated master form ID ( working and is great) it only displays the default VB status icon, at a loss to get it too display the custom icon i have set for each forum under forum manager that is set for each forum/category. Possible to have the ability for it to display forum/category icons rather than default status icon. Product addon or even code work around.
Emphasis mine because this is what I am confused about. Maybe I am missing something or maybe the icons I posted earlier were NOT what you are talking about. In Forum Manager the only option I see is for STATUS ICON PREFIX. A Status Icon is the image next to the forum on forum.php. That is different then the icons I circled in the image above which are the icons displayed next to each thread on forumdisplay.php.

What is confusing me is it looks like you are asking for custom images next to each thread when there is no native VB setting I know of for custom thread icons (per forum), only forum icons.

If you wanted the custom forum status icon I understand that being unique but no where in vBulletin does that icon ever show up next to a thread.

Old 21 Dec 2012, 11:44

Joe think little confusion on both parts maybe mainly caused by me, I know vb has never displayed the icons try keep it simple as confusion maybe as before my fault. Think basically i was asking "if" it was possible for the threads showing on master forum to show the forum icons from the forum the threads originate from?

Once again sorry for the confusion.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 10:24

How do i make the forum name clickable to that forum below the thread name in forumdisplay?
Old 03 Mar 2013, 13:02

Originally Posted by m3rl1n View Post
Joe think little confusion on both parts maybe mainly caused by me, I know vb has never displayed the icons try keep it simple as confusion maybe as before my fault. Think basically i was asking "if" it was possible for the threads showing on master forum to show the forum icons from the forum the threads originate from?

Once again sorry for the confusion.
If it is, I am not sure how. I don't think it would be easy.

Originally Posted by Eagle Eyes View Post
How do i make the forum name clickable to that forum below the thread name in forumdisplay?
Edit the All Topic In Threadbit Plugin.

Find the 2 instances of: {vb:raw thread.forumtitle}

Change them BOTH to:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

That should do it.

Old 03 Mar 2013, 19:10

Some problems here... After activating the mod (i did the template modification as instructed) I get an Error when visiting the masterforum

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Old 03 Mar 2013, 20:36

In 4.2.0 you do not do the file edit. Restore forumdisplay.php back to the original.

Old 03 Mar 2013, 21:03

I did it.

The MySQL Error is not shown any more. Will test tomorrow, if items are collected by master

Thanks

UPDATE

WORKS on 4.2 PL3! Great Mod! Love it. Thank you very much!

Last edited by Baghira; 04 Mar 2013 at 06:38.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 03:28

I just wanted to pop in and give a big shoutout to BirdOfPrey5!

Good golly man this is perfect for my needs!

THANK YOU!
Old 02 May 2013, 17:10

Thank you so much for this I love this mod. This goes perfect with the type of forum im running. I only have one question because i didnt see it in the settings, how do i turn off where replies show on the masterforum. All i would like is the threads to show up not when someone replies to the thread
Old 03 May 2013, 12:38

I don't understand how you mean to turn off replies? As a thread it gets bumped to the top when there is a new reply, that can't be changed. But viewing the actual replies takes place in the thread itself.

Old 05 May 2013, 19:13

I'm running 4.2.0 PL3 and when I installed this and setup one main forum to catch 3 other forums.. If I post anything in that master forum those posts don't show up only the ones that are grabbed.. I didn't edit anything other than tell what was the master and the other forums. I turned off all other plugins to see if it was having problems with anything else but even with all turned off nothing shows up. Any suggestions?

EDIT

I'm guessing I have to turn on that forum as well to show its posts in the master forum as that does work... Question I have is there any way to separate that? I'd like to have the grabbed posts all on top then have it split and start with all the posts from that master forum separated

Last edited by Burnt; 05 May 2013 at 19:24.