Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
[OzzModz] Post New Thread Button In Posts Details »
[OzzModz] Post New Thread Button In Posts
Developer Last Online: Apr 2020 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (15 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 62
Released: 06 Sep 2013 Last Update: 06 Sep 2013 Downloads: 215
Not Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Template Translations  

Another mod brought to you by,

This is a simple and better way to add a Post New Thread Button to showthread page...to a closed and open thread...above and/or below the posts.

It can be useful to have a Post New Thread Button on showthread very handy, besides being convenient, it has also may help cut down on thread hijacking/going off topic, if that button is right there to click for the member to start a new thread.

Maybe because what they were reading inspires them/makes them think of something similar.

It is a simple installation, just import the product XML, product-ozzy_new_thread_button

You can edit the options under the settings, Ozzy: New Thread Button Settings

Complete Feature List
  • Option to disable the mod completely.
  • Option to show the button above posts.
  • Option to show the button below the posts.
  • Option to select which usergroups can see the button.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like this mod please hit the button to the right ---->

Please remember to click the, button to the right if you installed the mod ---->

What does 'Marking As Installed' do ?

* It helps you to stay on top of updates - members who have installed modifications will be notified whenever new updates are available.

* For security issues - vbulletin.org will contact all members who have installed a modification whenever a security issue is brought to their attention.

* Marking a modification as installed also helps me know how many people are using my work, giving me extra incentive to provide more features and new modifications.

I appreciate the support!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v1.0.0 Initial Release

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	new thread 2.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	146315   Click image for larger version

Name:	new thread 1.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	146316  

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Show Thread Enhancements [OzzModz] Post Body Background For Specific Users ozzy47 Modification Graveyard 52 08 Dec 2013 18:52
Forum Display Enhancements Show All Posts Button in Thread Display theaonline vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 28 25 Jun 2010 02:21
Show Thread Enhancements Add New Thread Button To Forum Posts TrevsRevenge vBulletin 3.7 Template Modifications 31 21 Aug 2009 23:27

Old 04 Oct 2013, 13:01

Excellent, glat that worked for you.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 04 Oct 2013, 14:24

Is there an option to show 'Reply to this thread' button to guests?

I installed this mod. But when I saw the thread as a guest, the button on the left (reply to this thread) is invisible and this button's position is neither on the left nor centered. If both buttons are visible all the time, the page will look great.

Thanks for this mod
Old 04 Oct 2013, 16:14

Originally Posted by evelynpriscilla View Post

Thanks for this mod
Is that not related to permissions?
Old 04 Oct 2013, 17:26

Your the man Thanks for this mod.
Old 04 Oct 2013, 17:45

Originally Posted by evelynpriscilla View Post

I installed this mod. But when I saw the thread as a guest, the button on the left (reply to this thread) is invisible and this button's position is neither on the left nor centered. If both buttons are visible all the time, the page will look great.

Thanks for this mod
If you have guests set up to be able to post, or reply to threads in their usergroup permissions, then the reply button will show up. Thanks for marking as installed.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 04 Oct 2013, 17:46

Originally Posted by jjohns12 View Post
Your the man Thanks for this mod.
Thanks, glad ya like it, and thanks for marking as installed.
Old 30 Nov 2013, 12:44

Awesome addition. Is there away to deploy this elsewhere for example under thread title on forum display?
Old 30 Nov 2013, 12:46

No there is not, as there is already a Post New Thread button on that page.
Old 30 Nov 2013, 12:50

sorry wrong thread ...opps
Old 23 Apr 2014, 15:21

just a quick question, isn't better to edit the template and place a code instead of using a plugin?? I read somewhere that plugins make vb board slow because they run continuously all times...

any idea if that this true?

Thanks
Old 24 Apr 2014, 15:04

This does not add any additional queries, so no a template edit is not better.
Old 23 May 2014, 12:58

can we also enable it for forum home too?
Old 10 Aug 2014, 22:07

Ozzy, have you figured out, where the height of the button can be tweaked?

I had this button on my forums since forever and felt over your addon today. Nicely done with the permissions. I was hoping this one would deal with that, but I guess you havenīt found that option, too. I was searching forth and back through the stylevars and still have no idea, where the heck these stylevars are buried in the machine

Anyone?
Old 10 Aug 2014, 22:53

Try adding this to your additional.css, and adjust as needed:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Make sure the red values are the same.
Old 11 Aug 2014, 21:30

Thanks, mate