Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28 Apr 2008, 15:41

Problem with Crons

I made a script that uses image id's stored in MySQL to create custom images, save them to a file, and then put the file url back into the table.

The problem comes from the cron job. I've set it to run every 10minutes, which it seems to do just fine, however when it runs on its own the result is an empty file consisting of just the background layer. The thing I don't understand is that if I go to vbulletin options > scheduled tasks, and 'Run Now' the images are created perfectly.

Anyone know a possible cause for this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by Bellardia; 28 Apr 2008 at 15:42. Reason: minor grammar fixes
Old 28 Apr 2008, 16:16

I have had this happen, and I don't know that there is any one answer. For me, I think it was a permissions thing (check your file permissions), but another time I think it was the file format.

It sounds like it is getting part way through your script and then not finishing, is that correct? Maybe post the code and we can see if there is something wrong.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)