Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16 Dec 2014, 21:23

Move a thread faster

How do I move a thread to a specific forum by just clicking on a button without any redirection?

This would eliminate the need of
Thread Tools - Move Threads - Perform Action - Move Thread
Old 16 Dec 2014, 22:36

Pretty much the way you described is the way to do it.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 17 Dec 2014, 10:30

Originally Posted by ensure View Post
How do I move a thread to a specific forum by just clicking on a button without any redirection?

This would eliminate the need of
Thread Tools - Move Threads - Perform Action - Move Thread
I have two buttons at the top of every thread, one to move the thread to the "bin" forum and the other to move the thread to the "spam" forum.

I put the following bellow $poll in SHOWTHREAD to achieve this, it shows to admin, mods and supermods.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Change the destforumid value to the ID of your destination forum and submit value to the title of your button.
Old 17 Dec 2014, 10:44

Yes that will work if you are only going to move to two different forums only. But if you are going to move post to a bunch of different forums, like when users post in the wrong place, then that just won't cut it.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 17 Dec 2014, 17:49

Originally Posted by z3r0 View Post
I have two buttons at the top of every thread, one to move the thread to the "bin" forum and the other to move the thread to the "spam" forum.
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!