Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 24 Mar 2004, 14:37

I really like to see it lol

Wish i seen it before it was gone.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 14:44

http://www.vbulletin-germany.com/for...&threadid=5185 that link still has screen shots for it
Old 24 Mar 2004, 14:49

Don't see the screenshot.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 14:51

they just took them offline. they were there 30mins ago sorry
Old 24 Mar 2004, 14:53

Originally Posted by Chris|vB
I really like to see it lol

Wish i seen it before it was gone.
I downloaded this, installed it and was starting to toy with it until this all came up.

Honestly I see nothing wrong with it, all it does is creates a subforum and puts the creator as a mod (after you approve it)

This does nothing you can not do legally cept save the admin time and set up.

So I guess what I am failing to see is what is so bad about this hack. To give someone a subforum is a far cry from them running a community or even half of one.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 14:58

I agree
Old 24 Mar 2004, 14:59

Originally Posted by Chris|vB
Don't see the screenshot.
That wasn't the correct link (vB2-Version). You can find the vB3 version at http://www.vbulletin-germany.com/for...ad.php?t=10175 contains the screenshots, however it seems you can't download the hack there if you aren't a vB-Germany customer.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 15:08

why is it available on vb-germany and not on here - i know jelsoft remeoved it but dont they own the other site as well ?

i say if its good enough for the germans its good enough for us
Old 24 Mar 2004, 15:08

opps thanks gc my german is a bit rusty
Old 24 Mar 2004, 15:15

vB-Germany is owned by Adduco Digital which are resellers of vBulletin. They aren't as incautiously as Wayne Luke is, however I believe if Jelsoft really should decide they don't want to host vBHosting they will remove it there, too.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 15:16

Originally Posted by SpeedStreet
I have a hammer in my garage. That hammer was purchased from Home Depot with the implied agreement that I would use it to hammer things. If I use it to prop open a door, have I violated the terms of that agreement?

Furthermore, that hammer can do alot of great things. IMAGINE IT! I could build a house with that hammer! I could make a birds house for sick little birds...I might even use it to hang a picture next to my computer! But then again, I could also use it to build a shell casing for a weapon of mass desctruction. I could use it to bludgeon the head of a person I don't like anymore. I could use it to destroy my house, instead of improve upon it.

The point here is that damn near everything in this world can be used for good or evil. What gives any organization the right to tell us how to use the product we purchase from them? Banning a hack like this would be like the US Government saying that there is a mandatory 5 day waiting period on aluminum tubing because they *might* be used in the process of enriching uranium.

I understand that Jelsoft is interested in protecting their product, but there is a fine line between protectionism and isolationism...
Man, I couldn't have said that any better, lol.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 15:47

It looks so good.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 15:53

Originally Posted by SpeedStreet
I have a hammer in my garage. That hammer was purchased from Home Depot with the implied agreement that I would use it to hammer things. If I use it to prop open a door, have I violated the terms of that agreement?

Furthermore, that hammer can do alot of great things. IMAGINE IT! I could build a house with that hammer! I could make a birds house for sick little birds...I might even use it to hang a picture next to my computer! But then again, I could also use it to build a shell casing for a weapon of mass desctruction. I could use it to bludgeon the head of a person I don't like anymore. I could use it to destroy my house, instead of improve upon it.

The point here is that damn near everything in this world can be used for good or evil. What gives any organization the right to tell us how to use the product we purchase from them? Banning a hack like this would be like the US Government saying that there is a mandatory 5 day waiting period on aluminum tubing because they *might* be used in the process of enriching uranium.

I understand that Jelsoft is interested in protecting their product, but there is a fine line between protectionism and isolationism...
Just a note, Jelsoft already does prohibit one hack, and no one has ever had a problem with it before.

Also try buying a new laptop online

They are classifed as a possible highly dangerous weapon

Last edited by Zachery; 24 Mar 2004 at 16:10.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 16:03

Originally Posted by Zachery
Just a note, Jelsoft already does prohibit one hack, and no one has ever had a problem with it before.
not true, theirs quite a few people with a problem about the lockdown hack as theirs quite a lot of very legitimate and responsible uses for it.

Make me a Hack of The Month author: GRPS: Groups Commune
make my hacks, they'll make you famous

unless it's a security concern, please do not pm/im me for support unless you're willing to pay.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 16:11

Originally Posted by sabret00the
not true, theirs quite a few people with a problem about the lockdown hack as theirs quite a lot of very legitimate and responsible uses for it.
Most people accepct it, for the fact that it can be used and most oftenly is used for this reason.