Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Article Options
Old 30 Dec 2010, 00:10

This is the wrong place to ask about how to get the tab to highlight when using a template for your navtab. There is another article that talks about using a template for the navtab. This article only uses a plugin and the condition for highlighting the tab is in the plugin.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 17 Jan 2011, 00:41

Absolutely brilliant Lynne, a big thanks.

I've looked all over the place for this. I don't know what other members problems are. I'm a novice but followed your instructions and it works, first time. Dead easy.

Thanks again.
Old 18 Jan 2011, 14:34

Ugh, I've been at this for 14 hours straight and cannot get it to do what I want.

In the Navbar- I want to created a Navtab (that doesn't link to anything/go anywhere/ stays on the same page no matter what page you're on when you click it) but that creates a Navigation submenu bar with multiple drop down boxes containing links.

I want it to do this (as pictured above)- except that link 1 is a drop down, link 2 is a drop down, etc (all of the submenus are dropdowns. When you click on "Nav Link" in the navbar tabs- it doesn't actually GO anywhere- the page stays the same with the navigation menus all showing.

I got all of submenu dropdowns to show but cant get the 'Nav Link" to remain the same on every single page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried using:
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

is there a way to remove the actual "Linking" of the tab and still have the drop down menu appear when someone clicks on it?

I tried using 'index' in THIS_SCRIPT and removing the link in the bottom line 'link.php' but than it overwrote the links in the forum tab (so when you click on the forum tab, the links from the new tab showed).

I just want a tab that when clicked on- displays the sections that are available on my site.

Last edited by Budget101; 19 Jan 2011 at 12:20.
Old 18 Jan 2011, 15:36

Is it possible to have a background image for a tab? Would be great if anyone could help!

Thanks.

Greg
Old 18 Jan 2011, 21:07

Originally Posted by smooth-c View Post
Is it possible to have a background image for a tab? Would be great if anyone could help!

Thanks.

Greg
Just add a class to the tab (where it says class="navtab" add in a class there) and then just define it in additional.css

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
Old 19 Jan 2011, 21:03

How would I add a conditional to the following?

Old 19 Jan 2011, 23:16

Since that looks like just html, I'll assume it's a template, so just add:

Your question is so general that I can't offer any specifics. (And, I don't know why it's here since there is no template in this article.)

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 23 Jan 2011, 13:09

Hello, Lynne.

I have a question to you.

I made a NEW custom NavTabs with my own script files. And I add a PHP above menu you state into the plugin product too.

My edited template is "FORUMHOME".
I copied this FORUMHOME to new my custom as named "FORUMHOME_PJ" and create new mypj.php correspond to templates name and its values.

To modify certain template, really I want to show just one its nested childforum from the whole forum list, I added the <vb:if condition="........."></vb:if> in the top line of the copied templates.

Then now when I load my custom NAVTAB menu it works very well with my altered FORUMHOME_PJ templates and mypj.php.

However in this case, when I back to the tied forum that have IF, CONDITIONED tag to limit show the certain forum id, after I was browsing the thread title or link of limited forum, the NAVTAB menu won't point out my CUSTOM NAVTAB and it always turned to the basic forum TAB again. My NavTab menu doesn't highlighted which should be.

My purpose is that I always should fixed in my new NavTab menu.

To operate this I look at and refer to the /include/functions_forumlist.php and made a new functions_forumlist_pj.php that contains altered $forumbits_pj.

Can I ask to you?

I'm sorry for that my inaccurate expression.
I hope you understand it.

Thanks you.

Last edited by LoveStream; 23 Jan 2011 at 14:26.
Old 23 Jan 2011, 17:43

I'm sorry, but I really have no idea what you are asking. If you want your navtab to show when you go to a certain page, you need to set up a unique condition. If that condition is not unique, then another navtab may show as highlighted.

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 24 Jan 2011, 07:35

Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
I'm sorry, but I really have no idea what you are asking. If you want your navtab to show when you go to a certain page, you need to set up a unique condition. If that condition is not unique, then another navtab may show as highlighted.
Thank you, but though I put unique name, navtab is back to old forum Tab.
I should be study more.

Thank you.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 05:46

I am sorry if this question has been asked but how do i set the position of the tab weather it is in the first or lets say the third position..

thanks
Old 25 Jan 2011, 19:28

It is possible to open a link in a new browser ( popup ) ? I've tried to add this code but didnt work:

I've also tried to put the javascript function in separate .js file and link it in header with <script> without success
Old 25 Jan 2011, 19:51

Sorry, but I don't help with javascript issues.

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 25 Jan 2011, 22:42

meanwhile I've solved it by myself

maybe it should be useful for somebody else in the future :

Old 26 Jan 2011, 20:55

Originally Posted by slosupra View Post
I am sorry if this question has been asked but how do i set the position of the tab weather it is in the first or lets say the third position..

thanks
anyone??