Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03 Oct 2013, 16:20

Question Is this safe AWCoding- Donation System

It is been a year i think since Awe stopped updating his mod, then all of a suddenly his site was giving malware and trojants and then it came back like this without the forum. http://www.forumcoding.com/

Are the files on his site safe to use, or is this the hacker's files? I haven't heard anything since than. I can't get access to renew my mod version or upgrade, only thing that is available are these files on his site and the notice hasn't changed for months
Old 03 Oct 2013, 17:14

No way we can know for sure. If you do download the files make sure you virus scan them.

@BirdOPrey5 | All Things BOP5 | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I no longer making new VB mods, sorry.
Old 03 Oct 2013, 18:11

Even a virus scan might not find everything if the files were corrupted. Some one could have easily added plugins to the files. I think that question is best answered by the staff on their site.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 03 Oct 2013, 22:50

Hi, the site owner been away for so many months. Support has stopped for this mod. Is there a modification for 4.x which uses the same functions for donation? This one had some great features, loading bar etc.
Old 03 Oct 2013, 23:09

This one is fully supported, http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=287053
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 07 Oct 2013, 10:55

The software is safe, Adam (owner and creator) had so many issues with the vb4 site being hacked that he gave up and just has the one page now, his mods used to be paid mods but is now offering them completely free of chanrge (and sadly, free of support), he was a great coder with too much on his plate, i believe he now works full time for a software conglomerate.
Please do not pm me for support unless i have invited you to!
Old 08 Oct 2013, 15:04

Originally Posted by Simon Lloyd View Post
The software is safe, Adam (owner and creator) had so many issues with the vb4 site being hacked that he gave up and just has the one page now, his mods used to be paid mods but is now offering them completely free of chanrge (and sadly, free of support), he was a great coder with too much on his plate, i believe he now works full time for a software conglomerate.
Hi Simon but his mod is not working I tried to install it and i have these 2 issues, mainly the first one is the most important:

1. I click on pay with paypal and i don't get redirected to pp page but instead i a normal refresh to the donation page again. I tried all the settings, nothing works :'(

2. The donation module/goal is not displaying in the donation page, even if i define it to appear there as awc_ds

Have you tested this mod before? did it work for you on vb 4.2.1? would you know what is wrong with it, some say Adam removed part of the software i.e., the backend, is this true?
Old 08 Oct 2013, 15:58

Originally Posted by katie hunter View Post
Hi Simon but his mod is not working I tried to install it and i have these 2 issues, mainly the first one is the most important:

1. I click on pay with paypal and i don't get redirected to pp page but instead i a normal refresh to the donation page again. I tried all the settings, nothing works :'(

2. The donation module/goal is not displaying in the donation page, even if i define it to appear there as awc_ds

Have you tested this mod before? did it work for you on vb 4.2.1? would you know what is wrong with it, some say Adam removed part of the software i.e., the backend, is this true?

there going to be issues with it. Adam at the time was to busy to get them resolved.I since removed it a year ago,In another note the paypal integration will no longer work because paypal made changes to there system
Old 08 Oct 2013, 16:43

Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post
there going to be issues with it. Adam at the time was to busy to get them resolved.I since removed it a year ago,In another note the paypal integration will no longer work because paypal made changes to there system
The changes to paypal can be fixed in VB fairly easily-

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-may-be-needed

Edit- Oh you mean with the mod- maybe- will depend if the mod was coded to use VB's paypal class or he wrote his own which is kind of extra work.

@BirdOPrey5 | All Things BOP5 | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I no longer making new VB mods, sorry.
Old 08 Oct 2013, 17:07

Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
The changes to paypal can be fixed in VB fairly easily-

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-may-be-needed

Edit- Oh you mean with the mod- maybe- will depend if the mod was coded to use VB's paypal class or he wrote his own which is kind of extra work.

thanks for the tip i was planning on using your mod. but i guess i'll updated it via file edit. but as far as this topic here, The mod in general needs and over haul lots of errors and i think if i remember he didn't use vb system for payment process.
Old 08 Oct 2013, 18:33

It works fine for me on vb3.8 including paypal payments but i think Adam only updated it to work as far as vb4.1

--------------- Added 08 Oct 2013 at 18:58 ---------------

Also a word of note:
This by BOP5 http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-may-be-needed will need taking care of both in the vbulletin file and in the /awcoding/methods/paypal.php (4 instances of each rather that 2)
Old 09 Oct 2013, 10:30

Hi Simon, is this the file that needs to change ? Not sure what changes does it need?

forum/awcoding/clientscript/methods/paypal.js

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Old 09 Oct 2013, 16:16

That's not the path I pointed to
Old 09 Oct 2013, 23:15

Hi Simon, oh i see it now! how to apply the changes? Can you help me with this? Which one to change exactly in this file?

P.s. still waiting for your pm reply btw :/ the files

This is the entire file and it is a bit different:

Last edited by katie hunter; 09 Oct 2013 at 23:21.
Old 09 Oct 2013, 23:22

Remaining of the file, had to split it because of this :/ The text that you have entered is too long (21080 characters). Please shorten it to 20000 characters long.