Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 04:01
BamaStangGuy's Avatar
BamaStangGuy BamaStangGuy is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Real name: Brent Wilson
Originally Posted by jugo
If you ask me, they are violating your Fist ammendment rights somehow. Because for them to deny selling you a product merely on the content of your forums is, in my opinion, biased and i'm sure illegal.

But hey, Marijuana is not good for you so i'm torn....
No rights being violated.

If this were the case select shared hosting and not to mention free web hosting sites would not be able to prevent adult websites from being hosted on their servers. Adult websites are legal yet they have the power to deny them, which they should have the right to. It is their property, their work, and theirs to choose who to provide the service too.

Originally Posted by Rick Sample
Not to mention that some need it for medical reasons. So it is 'legal' for some.
Denver police may not arrest you for less than 1 ounce but you step outside their city limits and you will face possession charges.
__________________
Whipp Media | http://www.admin-talk.com/
I buy forums. PM me.

Last edited by BrentWilson; 23 Dec 2005 at 04:08. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #17  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 04:11
TyleR's Avatar
TyleR TyleR is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Real name: Tyler
Originally Posted by AWI
Not true Denver, Colorado it is legal for those 21 and older up to 1 ounce in city limits. Just another reason to call the city the Mile High city :nervous:
Way doubtful..show me somewhere on a official Denver, CO page that shows this, as I used to live in Denver myself, and am moving back there within the next month, and never once heard of such law.
__________________
I've returned..back to doing what I do best..vBulletin modding ...

  #18  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 04:18
PennylessZ28 PennylessZ28 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Mike
I disagree with most of you. I'm a christian and if it was my script I wouldn't sell it to you either. Its A RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE.

I wouldn't want my service assoicated with things that don't line up with my beliefs. Whatever you believe is your business, but I have the right to chose who I do and do not do business with, so does VBSEO.
  #19  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 05:03
AWI's Avatar
AWI AWI is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
You know... you cry because they wish to "push" their beliefs on others yet you are putting them down for their right to have this belief and too stand up for something they believe in. That is what this country is about right? Someone can make a product, that represents them as a company, and they should have a right to control who uses their product and how the person uses. Whether or not it will reflect badly on their company in their eyes.

I do not understand how this is discrimination. He is not denying them this product because of sex or skin color. He is denying them this product because their site has content on it that he does not wish to have his name associated with.

When it first came out there was a guy denied because he ran an aduly themed site. I too thought at the time it was a horrible business practice and he shouldn't do this. Now however I understand why they chose to do this and since buying it I could not be happier with the friendly support, the prompt response to questions, and amazing features that come with the software. The ease of use is amazing.

Your opinion that it is "bad business" is hardly provable... they seem to be doing pretty well to me. They have my business and support. I could not be happier.
You must have been informed about the way this country stands...it is not alright for a company to refuse to sell their products to another person just because they think marijuana is wrong or bad. The law also say Creed..which means your beliefs and opinions..and the customers opinion is obviously he is pro-marijuana..either way life goes on and it is bad business ethics on such a low level. According to you a company can make a product and sell it to white people only and refusing to sell to other races or to only sell to Chritians and not Jews...that is not what this country is about..I really can;t think of any other product online that you buy that give stipulations on what kinda site it can be used on...

Originally Posted by TyleR
Way doubtful..show me somewhere on a official Denver, CO page that shows this, as I used to live in Denver myself, and am moving back there within the next month, and never once heard of such law.

From what I was told from a friend in Denver they just passed it I think the begining of this month by majority vote. Read for yourself

Click Click Click

Last edited by AWI; 23 Dec 2005 at 05:09. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #20  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 05:26
TyleR's Avatar
TyleR TyleR is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Real name: Tyler
Originally Posted by AWI
From what I was told from a friend in Denver they just passed it I think the begining of this month by majority vote. Read for yourself

Click Click Click
I stand corrected..now I guess I can't wait til I turn 21 to be able to drink and smoke the reefer :surprised:
__________________
I've returned..back to doing what I do best..vBulletin modding ...

  #21  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 05:27
BamaStangGuy's Avatar
BamaStangGuy BamaStangGuy is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Real name: Brent Wilson
Originally Posted by AWI
You must have been informed about the way this country stands...it is not alright for a company to refuse to sell their products to another person just because they think marijuana is wrong or bad.
Please, tell me where it is defined by law that VBSEO does not have a right to deny his product to someone that operates a marijuana website or adult website.

Answer me this too:

Why is it that when I make a product to sell, all of a sudden my rights get removed on who I can sell this too and who has my product on their site promoting it. Why must I allow a porn site to use my product and have my name associated with a porn site????

The law also say Creed..which means your beliefs and opinions..and the customers opinion is obviously he is pro-marijuana..either way life goes on and it is bad business ethics on such a low level.
You seem to be confused. Business ethics != law

According to you a company can make a product and sell it to white people only and refusing to sell to other races or to only sell to Chritians and not Jews...
Nope, that is discrimmination based on race which is illegal

that is not what this country is about..
Exactly

I really can;t think of any other product online that you buy that give stipulations on what kinda site it can be used on...
You must not be trying hard: Some Web Hosting sites deny hosting to adult websites and have been doing so for years

Have you never heard of Google? Google denies the use of their Adsense program on adult and gambling sites.



From what I was told from a friend in Denver they just passed it I think the begining of this month by majority vote. Read for yourself

Click Click Click
Still illegal on Federal level and still going through the Supreme Court with a very bleak outlook
__________________
Whipp Media | http://www.admin-talk.com/
I buy forums. PM me.

Last edited by BrentWilson; 23 Dec 2005 at 05:38.
  #22  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 05:51
Daniel's Avatar
Daniel Daniel is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Real name: Daniel
It does sound a bit like discrimination, but what can you do? Good luck with getting your forums optimized though.
__________________
Daniel
  #23  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 06:10
AWI's Avatar
AWI AWI is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Wow you got the answer for everything Brent lol j/k...first off read what I wrote again

I really can;t think of any other product online that you buy that give stipulations on what kinda site it can be used on...
You don't put hosting on your site you put your site on the hosting...

Adsense is not a product..and you don't buy it

Second you said

Someone can make a product, that represents them as a company, and they should have a right to control who uses their product and how the person uses.
And now you say nope that is racist and discrimination..well you can't discriminate another persons creed either....

You also said Business ethics = Law..I'm not sure what you mean by that..care to explain because last I knew business ethics was how a company is run and how they target their products and services.

Still illegal on Federal level and still going through the Supreme Court with a very bleak outlook

True it is still illegal but the ordinance is there to back off the police from focusing attention on marijuana users and go after the real bad guys/girls. The police can still arrest you if they want but chances are they will not.
  #24  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 06:18
BamaStangGuy's Avatar
BamaStangGuy BamaStangGuy is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Real name: Brent Wilson
Originally Posted by AWI
Adsense is not a product..and you don't buy it
Do you not buy adwords? Pretty sure you do!

Please quickly review the Adwords terms of service: https://adwords.google.com/select/contentpolicy.html

Here are some snippets
Advertising is not permitted for online casinos, sports books, bingo, and affiliates with the primary purpose of driving traffic to online gambling sites.
Advertising is not permitted for the promotion of child pornography or other non-consensual material.
You do indeed pay for Adwords. I said Adsense because it ties in with adwords. You can't have one without the other

Also, free web hosting puts their name on your site. Atleast all the ones I have seen do. Geocities etc etc So yes they do have their name on your site.


Second you said

And now you say nope that is racist and discrimination..well you can't discriminate another persons creed either....
You can't associate my name with a porn site if I say you can't. Really is simple as that. My product. Sorry

You can not force VBSEO to put aside his "creed" and have his company be promoted on a Adult website either.

You figure out where you draw that fine line.

You also said Business ethics = Law..I'm not sure what you mean by that..care to explain because last I knew business ethics was how a company is run and how they target their products and services.
Psst != means does not equal.

You said it was bad Business ethics. Business ethics does not equal law.



True it is still illegal but the ordinance is there to back off the police from focusing attention on marijuana users and go after the real bad guys/girls. The police can still arrest you if they want but chances are they will not.
I don't like "chances" when it comes to my criminal record. So to me.... that is a pretty dumb ordinance to pass.

You did not answer this by the way

Why must I allow a porn site to use my product and have my name associated with a porn site????
Just because they have the money? Money isn't everything in life you know! Hard to believe yes but true.
__________________
Whipp Media | http://www.admin-talk.com/
I buy forums. PM me.

Last edited by BrentWilson; 23 Dec 2005 at 06:27. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #25  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 06:30
AWI's Avatar
AWI AWI is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Short and simple reply..I gotta get some more work done...

The adwords you pay for do not go on your site..Adsense goes on your site...read my post again

!= I missed it..my bad

it's been fun....
  #26  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 06:34
BamaStangGuy's Avatar
BamaStangGuy BamaStangGuy is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Real name: Brent Wilson
Originally Posted by AWI
Short and simple reply..I gotta get some more work done...

The adwords you pay for do not go on your site..Adsense goes on your site...read my post again

!= I missed it..my bad

it's been fun....
Adsense goes on your site.

Work with me here

If google allows Porn and Gambling sites to use Adwords guess what?!?!

If you have adsense on your site... guess what ads will be shown?

If someone came to my site and wanted to purchase advertising for a gambling site then I would turn them away because I do not want gambling ads on my site. I am selling a service: Advertising on my site. I have a write to turn down who I please. How is it any different when someone comes to me with money for a SEO hack and I turn down their money because I do not want my hack associated with a porn site!

and please for the love of god answer me why they must allow their product and their name to appear on a porn site that is against their religion, against their beliefs, just because they want it and have money?!?!?!
__________________
Whipp Media | http://www.admin-talk.com/
I buy forums. PM me.

Last edited by BrentWilson; 23 Dec 2005 at 06:37.
  #27  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 07:10
MissKalunji's Avatar
MissKalunji MissKalunji is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Real name: Mj Bain
Originally Posted by Zachery
You could try Deans SEO.

But realisticly this is one of the problems that buying from a third party entitles, youmight have wanted to read their rules about what they allow. They believe in not allowing adult topics. Their loss, I do hope someone comes out with somthing the same, cheaper, and open source.
i second that!!
__________________
____________
BossLady
  #28  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 07:37
Brandon Sheley's Avatar
Brandon Sheley Brandon Sheley is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Real name: Brandon
is bent the spokesman for vbseo ?
your always speaking up when anyone talks about the bad times they had with the product ??

anyways.. good to hear deans seo product is soon to be out of beta

in all honesty, I've been reading a LOT about seo and how to optimize your website, and I've yet to find proof that your site wont get index with static URL's, and for the 150 bill, it's definitely not worth it. I'd rather pay someone who has the experience with this and can seo my/your site, and be more then pleased...

btw i want to move to Denver ,, to bad the donkeys play there..hehe
__________________

Email me for website help: brandon[at]sheley[dot]org
  #29  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 08:02
Corriewf's Avatar
Corriewf Corriewf is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Brent, why are you so prompt to respond to vbseo threads? Answer that question please.
  #30  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 08:48
Noiz Pollution Noiz Pollution is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Originally Posted by HR3rdGen
I'm a christian
Ummm, good for you but what does that have to do with the discussion? Before anyone says it I am by no means anti-Christian, I'm just curious here.
__________________
Visit NoizPollution.com // Your Music Source
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 18:33.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: