Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 18:50
EricaJoy EricaJoy is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Originally Posted by BrentWilson
I am pretty sure people have bought vBulletin and not liked it too. Your arguement holds no water.
Errr...what? It wasn't an argument just trying to find the man a way to get vbSEO without the owners moral/legal/whatever opinions standing in his way.
  #47  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 18:52
BamaStangGuy's Avatar
BamaStangGuy BamaStangGuy is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Real name: Brent Wilson
Originally Posted by princessfrozen
Errr...what? It wasn't an argument just trying to find the man a way to get vbSEO without the owners moral/legal/whatever opinions standing in his way.
I understand what you meant now. No there is no reselling vbseo without them knowing it. You must still contact them and register your license with them.
__________________
Whipp Media | http://www.admin-talk.com/
I buy forums. PM me.
  #48  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 18:53
TyleR's Avatar
TyleR TyleR is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Real name: Tyler
Originally Posted by princessfrozen
Errr...what? It wasn't an argument just trying to find the man a way to get vbSEO without the owners moral/legal/whatever opinions standing in his way.
Impossible..it uses a database check on the site it's installed on which send the URL info to their online db. So no matter how they try to get around it, the content will be found, the person will be refunded (or possibly not, for breaking the EULA), and the host will be contacted if the script is not removed.
__________________
I've returned..back to doing what I do best..vBulletin modding ...

  #49  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 18:58
BamaStangGuy's Avatar
BamaStangGuy BamaStangGuy is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Real name: Brent Wilson
Originally Posted by TyleR
Impossible..it uses a database check on the site it's installed on which send the URL info to their online db. So no matter how they try to get around it, the content will be found, the person will be refunded (or possibly not, for breaking the EULA), and the host will be contacted if the script is not removed.
It only contacts VBSEO database when there is no license key in your config file. If you download the software from VBSEO itself the license key is already inside your config file and no call to home will exist.
__________________
Whipp Media | http://www.admin-talk.com/
I buy forums. PM me.
  #50  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 19:20
Brad Brad is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Any business can refuse you service for any reason. Don't get me wrong, they can't go around saying 'We won't sell you x because you're black/mexican/white/etc' but they can refuse you service because you 'look funny' or they don't agree with certain things you do (in this case smoking/running a site about cannabis).

Compare it to a glass blower. I'm sure if he gets an order from a DEA agent for a glass bong that he isn't going to make it because the buyer is a 'pig'. Same thing.
  #51  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 19:40
MRGTB MRGTB is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Originally Posted by Brad
Any business can refuse you service for any reason. Don't get me wrong, they can't go around saying 'We won't sell you x because you're black/mexican/white/etc' but they can refuse you service because you 'look funny' or they don't agree with certain things you do (in this case smoking/running a site about cannabis).

Compare it to a glass blower. I'm sure if he gets an order from a DEA agent for a glass bong that he isn't going to make it because the buyer is a 'pig'. Same thing.

Unless there offering him 200 grand for the bong.
  #52  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 20:28
AWI's Avatar
AWI AWI is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Originally Posted by Brad
Any business can refuse you service for any reason. Don't get me wrong, they can't go around saying 'We won't sell you x because you're black/mexican/white/etc' but they can refuse you service because you 'look funny' or they don't agree with certain things you do (in this case smoking/running a site about cannabis).

Compare it to a glass blower. I'm sure if he gets an order from a DEA agent for a glass bong that he isn't going to make it because the buyer is a 'pig'. Same thing.

So you are saying if I go into Best Buy wearing a marijuana t-shirt or if I "look funny" then they can refuse to sell me their products? Technically we all can do whatever we want to do...it's just sad that some have to force their beliefs/opinions on others and discriminate to do so. And for the record the vBSeo servers are in New Jersey and therefore business is conducted in the US. Don't get me wrong everyone brings up great points..I just like to throw my 2 cents in
  #53  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 20:35
Brad Brad is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Originally Posted by AWI
So you are saying if I go into Best Buy wearing a marijuana t-shirt or if I "look funny" then they can refuse to sell me their products? Technically we all can do whatever we want to do...it's just sad that some have to force their beliefs/opinions on others and discriminate to do so. And for the record the vBSeo servers are in New Jersey and therefore business is conducted in the US. Don't get me wrong everyone brings up great points..I just like to throw my 2 cents in
Yes but that is a chain store, so you don't see it often. Now if you walk into a local mom-and-pops store with a pot leaf on your t-shirt and smelling like a burned joint. The owner has every right to send you back out the door (and they will). I've seen it done before, and I can't tell you how many times I've seen the law remove someone from a store because they wouldn't leave at the owner's request.
  #54  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 21:10
soniceffect's Avatar
soniceffect soniceffect is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Real name: Marc
So you are saying if I go into Best Buy wearing a marijuana t-shirt or if I "look funny" then they can refuse to sell me their products?
However morally wrong this may seem, this is actually the case. The person/company/site is under no obligation to sell you the product/service and can actually refuse to do so without even an explaination.
  #55  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 21:12
smacklan's Avatar
smacklan smacklan is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Real name: John
Originally Posted by AWI
it's just sad that some have to force their beliefs/opinions on others and discriminate to do so.
Whats sad about it?...no one is forcing you to buy anything. Personally I can't understand the attitude that says "you have to sell to me cause I say so":ermm:

Originally Posted by soniceffect
However morally wrong this may seem, this is actually the case.
Who's morals? The porn pedeler's? The drug addict's?

Last edited by smacklan; 23 Dec 2005 at 21:13. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #56  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 21:15
2fast4ya 2fast4ya is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Like marijuana or not, it's illegal - and thats why they denied you. You can't be stupid enough to not know that. Just because you like it, doesn't mean you can use it. If you like to rape people, does that mean you can create a website about it and expect companies to support you? NO! it's ILLEGAL! duhhhhh
  #57  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 21:18
soniceffect's Avatar
soniceffect soniceffect is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Real name: Marc
Who's morals? The porn pedeler's? The drug addict's?
If you read the post properly, you will see I was replying to the fact that someone can be discriminated against on the ground that they "look funny" in the same way that someone can not sell you something because of the colour of skin. I believe in the eyes of anyone who is not racist, this would be considered imoral?

If I where a tshirt with marajuana on it, am I a drug addict?
  #58  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 21:22
smacklan's Avatar
smacklan smacklan is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Real name: John
Originally Posted by soniceffect
If you read the post properly, you will see I was replying to the fact that someone can be discriminated against on the ground that they "look funny" in the same way that someone can not sell you something because of the colour of skin. I believe in the eyes of anyone who is not racist, this would be considered imoral?
sorry, misunderstood you. I agree there are times when it's discrimination and when that's the case, it's wrong. But on the other hand, I suppose you could say my rules discriminate against porn sites and drug sites...but I'm fine with being labeled discriminatory in that case

Originally Posted by soniceffect
If I where a tshirt with marajuana on it, am I a drug addict?
probably :lick:

Last edited by smacklan; 23 Dec 2005 at 21:23. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #59  
Old 23 Dec 2005, 22:17
BamaStangGuy's Avatar
BamaStangGuy BamaStangGuy is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Real name: Brent Wilson
Originally Posted by AWI
So you are saying if I go into Best Buy wearing a marijuana t-shirt or if I "look funny" then they can refuse to sell me their products? Technically we all can do whatever we want to do...it's just sad that some have to force their beliefs/opinions on others and discriminate to do so. And for the record the vBSeo servers are in New Jersey and therefore business is conducted in the US. Don't get me wrong everyone brings up great points..I just like to throw my 2 cents in
Are you not forcing the person selling the product to accept porn and marijuana and have his name and business associated with such sites.

IT GOES BOTH WAYS
__________________
Whipp Media | http://www.admin-talk.com/
I buy forums. PM me.
  #60  
Old 24 Dec 2005, 01:29
AWI's Avatar
AWI AWI is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Originally Posted by BrentWilson
Are you not forcing the person selling the product to accept porn and marijuana and have his name and business associated with such sites.

IT GOES BOTH WAYS
Nope, but the point is it's bad business either way you look at it. Discrimination on any level is bad and it doesn't matter if it's the law or not. The guy just wanted to buy an overpriced product to help better his site and what he enjoys doing. Sure the seller has the right to say no or restrict things like this...I think we can say we covered all aspects of this subject and can lay it to rest...my opinion is that it is wrong and bad business...thanks for reading
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 20:27.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: