Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20 Feb 2016, 16:51

Migrate from phpBB 3.1.7-pl1 issues

Hi,

I am attempting to migrate from phpBB 3.1.7-pl1 to vBulletin 4.2.3. My server is running php5.4

I have run the Impex script to pull the database over to the VB install. I read in this forum of someone converting 3.1x over to vB with Impex and didn't have issues. When I run Impex, the newest phpBB version I see is 3.0.3 so that is what I have been trying to use.

I get the attached errors after running Impex and none of the data has transferred over (but it all showed green during the Impex import??)

Can someone help me please and point me in the right direction? I can not lose the user info or the posts. Doing a clean install without migration isn't an option on my site. Thank you in advanced for the help

Update - I dropped my PHP on the server down to 5.3 and ran Impex again. My various forums are showing up now and the number of posts in each forum, but when I look in each forum it is empty. None of my users are carrying over either.

Attached screenshot
phperrors.JPG

Last edited by azgunner; 20 Feb 2016 at 17:48.
Comments
Old 20 Feb 2016, 21:16

My forums have pulled over and the stats on the bottom of the forum show the memebers. The memberslist though is empty and each forum is empty even though it shows having X number of posts. Also, the stats on the bottom show wrong. Overall there should be 400ish threads and 1500ish posts.

Any ideas? I've run into a brick wall here. I've tried rebuilding and clearing cache multiple times.

Attached is the vB install that is having problems (white forum)
and the phpBB that is currently live that I'm trying to pull the data from (black forum)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg forumerror.JPG (112.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg goodforum.JPG (90.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 21 Feb 2016, 03:53

So I figured out that the cutoff display age was set to 30 days. I set it to see everything and all the threads appeared. They are all dated 1970 though and the main index shows NEVER for the last post date in each form. When I open the threads, the dates and times on each individual post appear correct though. I have followed the steps in the Imprex instructions to the T, including the cleaner and rebuilding / updating counters. I've tried doing both vB3 and vB4. I'm stumped. I've battled this thing for 12 hours and I haven't got very far. Someone please help.

--------------- Added 21 Feb 2016 at 18:15 ---------------

Here is a bit better of a description of my issue that I wrote out on another forum.

Hi, I've been battling this vB install / import for a couple days now. I purchased vB with the intention of using it to upgrade my already existing phpBB 3.1.7-pl1 install.

I am using Impex to import everything to vB and following the steps for after importing (like resetting the counters and running cleaner.php)

Everything seems to import over but I am running into a few big problems.

1. On the main forum index and the sub forum index the last post shows as never
2. On the indexes the number of replies to each thread is 0
3. On the main forum index at the bottom statistics, it shows the thread count properly but the total posts count is not correct. It shows the same as thread count.
4. The post dates on the indexs of the main page and sub forums show 1/1/1970, but when you open a specific thread the dates inside the thread appear correct.

When I reply to an existing thread it seems to change everything back to normal. The bottom statistics on the main forum will increase by 1 for total posts and it will show the latest reply in the indexes. The indexes however still show 0 replies on that specific post. If I create a new thread, then everything acts as normal on that thread only, replies are counted and everything.

There is obviously an issue with either a vB setting that I'm missing or the dates in the database that has been transferred over. I'm thinking there might be a sql command I can run to fix this, I just don't know what it would be. There might also be something I can tweak in the Impex scripts to solve this problem? I've tried importing to both vB4 and vB3, both versions give the same results.

Thank you in advanced for any help you can provide. I'm at a loss here. I've been fighting this for 2 days and I've got nowhere with it. If I haven't figured it out by now, I'm not going to. I just need help. I've tried searching the internet high and low and searched on both vbulletin.com and vbulletin.org without much luck.