Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19 Jul 2010, 13:14

Signature Advertising

Hi,

I'm looking into Signature Advertising. We have signatures not viewable unless you are logged-in, and we get a few people asking us if they can put their business website etc in their signature.

I've seen a few sites offer this, and from what I've seen, they can select the subscription via the built-in vBulletin subscription system.

However, what I haven't been able to find is a Mod/Add-on which will manage the signatures for me.

Does such a thing exist?
Old 19 Jul 2010, 19:15

I've never seen a mod to manage sigs but you could turn off sigs for general users and only allow them if they pay a subscription and go into a 'paid' usergroup- but the user would still have control over their own sig.

@BirdOPrey5 | All Things BOP5 | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I no longer making new VB mods, sorry.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 19:21

Originally Posted by ranz View Post
Hi,

I'm looking into Signature Advertising. We have signatures not viewable unless you are logged-in, and we get a few people asking us if they can put their business website etc in their signature.

I've seen a few sites offer this, and from what I've seen, they can select the subscription via the built-in vBulletin subscription system.

However, what I haven't been able to find is a Mod/Add-on which will manage the signatures for me.

Does such a thing exist?
What exactly do you mean by "a Mod/Add-on which will manage the signatures for me."?
To manage the signatures how?
Old 24 Sep 2010, 12:30

Sorry for the delay ...

I would like there to be a BLOCK in the signature that allows us to insert content if they have paid a subscription to paid advertising. The content would be provided by the user and we would insert it via the AdminCP.

The subscription BLOCK would enable/disable based on time, active and payment lapsing - type style.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 13:16

You could make a custom profile field that is only editable by the admin and put the code in there maybe?

@BirdOPrey5 | All Things BOP5 | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I no longer making new VB mods, sorry.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 15:04

you can easily do this with a custom usergroup
deny sigs for everyone but the ones in the new group
make that group subscription based only

Love and support one another #vote2020
I offer Managed IT Services in Kansas
Old 04 Dec 2010, 20:33

I think I know what you're looking for - it's something I've seen on several vBulletin forums, too. Do you mean that you want all users to be able to use "regular" signatures, but have a paid system for advertising in a sort of personal "adspace box"? I've been looking for the same thing, but there doesn't seem to be anything on the forums...

I think it might be possible to do it by adding a custom profile field to the postbit template above/below the standard signature (instructions here) and then using the built in subscriptions system and usergroups. I'll update if I get it working .