Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 18:47
mikey1991's Avatar
mikey1991 mikey1991 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Real name: Mikey
vBulletin 4 > 3 Downgrade

A member over at vbfans.com is offering a vB4 to vB3 downgrade service, looks nice, check it out; vBulletin 3 Downgrade Service - vbfans.com

note; i'm not offering this service, it just looks good..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 19:01
kall's Avatar
kall kall is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Ace
This means that if any WTN customer wants to use this, we will refer the user to vBCorolla who's a known user in the vBulletin community and a long time friend.
Strange.. apparently this person is a known user in the vB community, yet doesn't have an account by that name at either of the main vb sites.
__________________
vBulletin Styles (All styles compatible with 3.8.4 - Steel Blue 4.0 Available) | vBulletin Hosting
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 19:09
pant pant is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Probably doesn't want to get an infraction from the staff at either site.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 19:14
borbole's Avatar
borbole borbole is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
This part here , It gets converted to a vB 3 database typically within 24 hours. It doesn''t look conveniencing to me as it shouldn''t take that long. The downgrade procedure it is the same as an upgrade but doing the opposite work.
__________________
My mods.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 19:28
Floris Floris is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Why would he get an infraction for offering a service, hundreds of people on vbcom/vborg are offering vBulletin services, do they get an infraction too? Sorry that you don't know him.

--------------- Added 03 Jul 2010 at 19:29 ---------------

Originally Posted by borbole View Post
This part here , It gets converted to a vB 3 database typically within 24 hours. It doesn''t look conveniencing to me as it shouldn''t take that long. The downgrade procedure it is the same as an upgrade but doing the opposite work.
He doesn't say it takes 24 hours, he says he'll get around to it usually within 24 hours. That's how I read it at least.
__________________
My community; http://wetalknation.net

Last edited by Floris; 03 Jul 2010 at 19:29. Reason: Auto-Merged DoublePost
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 19:39
Xencored Xencored is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Real name: Mike
Just on a side note that site you linked has alot of dead image links
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 19:48
borbole's Avatar
borbole borbole is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Originally Posted by Floris View Post

He doesn't say it takes 24 hours, he says he'll get around to it usually within 24 hours. That's how I read it at least.
Maybe I misubderstood it then Floris, but the way it is posted it looks to me like it is about the duration of the downgrade process itself and not about the time to get around to do it within 24 hours.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Otherwise it could have said something like: "usually I will do the conversion within 24 hours" or something like that.
__________________
My mods.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 19:59
mikey1991's Avatar
mikey1991 mikey1991 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Real name: Mikey
"Typically within 24 hours" == "usually I will do the conversion within 24 hours"



--------------- Added 03 Jul 2010 at 20:00 ---------------

Originally Posted by Animemike View Post
Just on a side note that site you linked has alot of dead image links
Screenie?
__________________

Last edited by mikey1991; 03 Jul 2010 at 20:00. Reason: Auto-Merged DoublePost
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 20:14
KevinL KevinL is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
jezzz "Typically within 24 hours" After you upload the file you get the new one back with in 24hrs...

Whats he going to say "done with in 3 minutes" ? This gives him ample time to receive it convert it and send it back with notice to you...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 20:27
borbole's Avatar
borbole borbole is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Originally Posted by KevinL View Post
jezzz "Typically within 24 hours" After you upload the file you get the new one back with in 24hrs...

Whats he going to say "done with in 3 minutes" ? This gives him ample time to receive it convert it and send it back with notice to you...
If a downgrade package has been created that will downgrade the forum automatically after you upload the files and run the downgrader shouldn''t take 24 hours. The process is the same like upgrading the forum with the upgrader but it makes the changes backwards.

P.s. Lighten up with the irritation, will you pal. We are simply discussing here.
__________________
My mods.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 20:34
mikey1991's Avatar
mikey1991 mikey1991 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Real name: Mikey
I wanna just say this, it's not automatic, you upload your database, vbcorolla then puts it through his unique custom coded downgrader script, he then tests and uploads the vb3 version of your database to the same private server for you to download, if he's asleep when you upload your database, or otherwise occupied, it's not gonna be automatic, that's why the 24hr limit is there.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 20:41
borbole's Avatar
borbole borbole is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Originally Posted by mikey1991 View Post
I wanna just say this, it's not automatic, you upload your database, vbcorolla then puts it through his unique custom coded downgrader script, he then tests and uploads the vb3 version of your database to the same private server for you to download, if he's asleep when you upload your database, or otherwise occupied, it's not gonna be automatic, that's why the 24hr limit is there.

Ah, ok. I misunderstood it then, my bad. Thank you for the clarification
__________________
My mods.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 21:06
Floris Floris is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Originally Posted by Animemike View Post
Just on a side note that site you linked has alot of dead image links
Yah, since today vbseo has decided to be blah.

--------------- Added 03 Jul 2010 at 21:08 ---------------

tests seem to show 350k forum is completed in less than a few minutes, but that doesn't include doing a backup, and a test afterwards, or rebuild counters from vb (if needed). Or transferring db files. Every forum is different of course
__________________
My community; http://wetalknation.net

Last edited by Floris; 03 Jul 2010 at 21:08. Reason: Auto-Merged DoublePost
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 21:10
Xencored Xencored is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Real name: Mike
Originally Posted by mikey1991 View Post
Screenie?
Originally Posted by Floris View Post
Yah, since today vbseo has decided to be blah.
Seems fixed now
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 21 Jul 2010, 15:25
vijayninel's Avatar
vijayninel vijayninel is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Real name: Vijay
Has anyone from here tried this service out ?
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:52.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: