Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02 Jun 2015, 19:20

vBulletin 6

What are your thought about vBulletin 6? What do you think it should include?
Old 02 Jun 2015, 21:33

It should include Vbulletin 3.8.8 functionality and ease of editing and creating addons and styles.
Exclusive arcade addons, edits and skins were made by stangger5 owner of Next Level Arcade
Old 02 Jun 2015, 22:15

VB6?
Hopefully they concentrate on getting VB5.2 right first.

Originally Posted by blind-eddie View Post
It should include Vbulletin 3.8.8 functionality and ease of editing and creating addons and styles.
I wouldn't count on it. From what I've seen even in the other brands new releases, forum software is more like a social networking site. Some are more limited on functionality than vb5.
Old 02 Jun 2015, 23:09

Developing vb5 is as useful as developing Windows 8. If something is that broken then its time to start over from scratch. But obviously that's not going to happen.
Old 03 Jun 2015, 02:03

Originally Posted by Alfa1 View Post
Developing vb5 is as useful as developing Windows 8. If something is that broken then its time to start over from scratch. But obviously that's not going to happen.
Windows 8 has a significant amount of under the hood improvements on both the server and OS level. Sadly people blew the start screen significantly out of proportion and well it ruined a great OS.

vBulletin 5 has some really great concepts, sadly they didn't execute as well as they should have and missing the ability to inject php in some way where you need it is a huge hindrance. I did my best to push addon stuff forward. But I'm not involved in that anymore.
Old 03 Jun 2015, 02:09

Originally Posted by Zachery View Post
Windows 8 has a significant amount of under the hood improvements on both the server and OS level. Sadly, people blew the start screen significantly out of proportion and well it ruined a great OS.

vBulletin 5 has some really great concepts, sadly they didn't execute as well as they should have and missing the ability to inject php in some way where you need it is a huge hindrance. I did my best to push add-on stuff forward. But I'm not involved in that anymore.
I see you are no longer part of vb support here why
Old 03 Jun 2015, 02:25

Originally Posted by Zachery View Post
... missing the ability to inject php in some way where you need it is a huge hindrance. I did my best to push addon stuff forward. But I'm not involved in that anymore.
I kept (and keep) trying to get his up the priority list, Kevin did the same before he left, sadly its still not much closer to being done, which is why in 2+ years we have just 57 modification releases. I fear that by the time a hook system is implemented, there will be no one left interested in using said system.

Originally Posted by ForceHSS View Post
I see you are no longer part of vb support here why
He left IB a few months ago, did you miss that ?

Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 03 Jun 2015, 02:27

Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I kept (and keep) trying to get his up the priority list, Kevin did the same before he left, sadly its still not much closer to being done, which is why in 2+ years we have just 57 modification releases. I fear that by the time a hook system is implemented, there will be no one left interested in using said system.

He left IB a few months ago, did you miss that ?
If he said on .com site I never go over there
Old 03 Jun 2015, 06:31

Wait... Kevin left? When did that happen?

http://www.roma-antiqua.de
Old 03 Jun 2015, 13:45

I've been sticking with vbulletin but I'm now seriously looking for alternatives.

They should hurry up and make an announcement / release it / something ... vb5 is a total disaster - no one wants it.

Latest Articles:
Liquid Layout = Less Ad Revenue?
How to Monetize Your Site
Improve Web Page Performance
How To Write For The Web

If it needs instructions, there's room for improvement.
Give users what they actually want, not what they say they want. And whatever you do, don't give them new features just because your competitors have them!
Old 03 Jun 2015, 14:08

Problem is: Given that there's even less developers this time, and even more know-how has left since the development of vB5, and the pressure coming from the management will probably even higher - I'm not so sure vB6 can be much of an improvement. Remember: vB5 was once supposed to be the make-good for vB4...

http://www.roma-antiqua.de
Old 03 Jun 2015, 16:55

Originally Posted by cellarius View Post
Wait... Kevin left? When did that happen?
He got another job local to him, and left about 2/3 weeks ago.

Originally Posted by Princeton View Post
They should hurry up and make an announcement / release it / something ... vb5 is a total disaster - no one wants it.
Release what ?

There isnt any such thing as vBulletin 6, not even on a drawing board atm.

Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 04 Jun 2015, 12:56

Hopefully IB just buys a new forum and calls it VB6.

(@BirdOPrey5) Former Moderator. Fighting for a free & independent vb.org.
BirdOPrey5.com - Exclusive VB Mods! (Formerly Qapla.com) | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I do not read my PMs often, do not expect quick replies.
Old 04 Jun 2015, 20:59

Please fix vbulletin 4.x and/or enhance the same.
Vbulletin 5.x is not at all recommended as tested on some site(s)..

But 4.x plays a very important role bringing in social media support (configure accordingly) and responsive site..
Old 05 Jun 2015, 02:03

Cool

I haven't even began suggesting vB5 to my clients, 99% are on vB4 and vB3 with the few who did make the jump to 5.x regretting it heavily.

RAWR! vB6? WHAT'S DAT? Ahhhhhh I C vB6 = Very Broken v6

I mean can we get someone to finally do something instead of telling us to vote for something that is apparently not COMMON SENSE yet should be (@management, just say HEY guys re-include the plugin/hooks system we dropped the ball by removing it, we removed the ability to customize vB which is why many were directed to our software to begin with... our bad, we didn't realize it would change things back then and make us look bad - thanks cheers etc).

If they'd re-include a hooks/plugin system like Paul mentioned it would change things, they won't though because of the p0wertards who ruined vB's name (imo) after patiently and maliciously waiting several months before launching a tard campaign to help hack or teach others how to hack over 30k vBulletin forums. I said it in the past, I'll say it now *me thinks* someone at IB simply dropped the ball by removing the plugin system in an effort to save face - case in point you never cut off your nose to spite your face.

Edit: Vote for it here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10333
*Mumbles that this is sooooooooooo (insert expletive here) stupid we shouldn't even be required to do this (insert expletive here) (insert expletive here) (insert expletive here)... *cough *cough AS YOU WERE, NOTHING TO SEE HERE lol

Search - Use the search feature to find similar issues/answers.
Information - Include screenshots, copy/pasted error codes, url etc.
Fixed - Please return to your thread/post and let us know how it was fixed!
Thanks - For participating! Click the "Like" on a post if someone helped you!

Last edited by TheLastSuperman; 05 Jun 2015 at 02:15.