Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19 Jan 2015, 20:48

I do not really like google chrome anymore.

It was pressuring me to sign in and i was already signed in. I signed in again, and it cleared out all of my bookmarks and everything. Now i am using firefox.

Last edited by CarpCharacin; 19 Jan 2015 at 20:57.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 01:57

I was a firefox user until I had issues with firefox and Facebook. Then I switched to Chrome. Now I sometimes have issues with Chrome and think about changing back (plus, they never built a full-blown firebug for Chrome!). I do hate that I have to stare at my username in the upper right corner of Chrome and I can't remove it even though I am the only user!

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 20 Jan 2015, 02:43

Originally Posted by CarpCharacin View Post
It was pressuring me to sign in and i was already signed in. I signed in again, and it cleared out all of my bookmarks and everything. Now i am using firefox.
It sounds like you were adding bookmarks while not logged in.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 03:03

You all know Chrome is just Safari, with lipstick on that pig and google's adware and spyware added, right?

And to Lynne - I never had any issues with FF and FB.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 03:11

Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
I was a firefox user until I had issues with firefox and Facebook. Then I switched to Chrome. Now I sometimes have issues with Chrome and think about changing back (plus, they never built a full-blown firebug for Chrome!). I do hate that I have to stare at my username in the upper right corner of Chrome and I can't remove it even though I am the only user!
What's Firebug have that Chorme's dev tool doesn't? I tried FireBug once and saw it abbreviated the post values in the network mode with an ellipsis. Well, I wanted to know what the heck the post value was. That's why I looked. Anyway I get along with Chrome's version just fine.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 03:14

Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
It sounds like you were adding bookmarks while not logged in.
No. I was logged in and it said to log in in a different place near the top, so i did. Then it messed up my bookmarks. I tried to log out, and after i did all of the cookies and all of my bookmarks were gone.

--------------- Added 20 Jan 2015 at 03:16 ---------------

what is firebug?
Old 20 Jan 2015, 03:26

No. I was logged in and it said to log in in a different place near the top, so i did. Then it messed up my bookmarks. I tried to log out, and after i did all of the cookies and all of my bookmarks were gone.

--------------- Added 20 Jan 2015 at 03:16 ---------------

what is firebug?
Firebug is a great little free tool that coders, web designers etc use to view and pinpoint the code in a web page to help them find stuff easier to fix code or work with it. FIREBUG.

I use FireFox, tried Chrome. I was not impressed. Cannot stand IE, its horrible IMO. Currently I'm having some issues with FF but i think its because I really need to run my anti-spyware stuff.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 03:35

Originally Posted by HM666 View Post
Firebug is a great little free tool that coders, web designers etc use to view and pinpoint the code in a web page to help them find stuff easier to fix code or work with it. FIREBUG.

I use FireFox, tried Chrome. I was not impressed. Cannot stand IE, its horrible IMO. Currently I'm having some issues with FF but i think its because I really need to run my anti-spyware stuff.
I'm on the Beta update channel and work in the Dev and have for years.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 03:40

Originally Posted by Max Taxable View Post
I'm on the Beta update channel and work in the Dev and have for years.
For what? Firebug or Firefox?
Old 20 Jan 2015, 03:49

Originally Posted by HM666 View Post
For what? Firebug or Firefox?
Firefox.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 04:58

So did your bookmarks bar empty, or did it reset to the default bookmarks?

Originally Posted by nerbert View Post
What's Firebug have that Chorme's dev tool doesn't? I tried FireBug once and saw it abbreviated the post values in the network mode with an ellipsis. Well, I wanted to know what the heck the post value was. That's why I looked. Anyway I get along with Chrome's version just fine.
I was about to say, I never really saw much difference between Firebug and the Developer Tools. It seems they fundamentally do the same thing with, maybe, some minor distinctions in how you get to some menus. Maybe there's some deeper function I've not run into, yet.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 05:37

Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
So did your bookmarks bar empty, or did it reset to the default bookmarks?
It removed my bookmarks bar. All it said was "click here to import bookmarks" where all of my bookmark were.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 06:17

Originally Posted by Max Taxable View Post
Firefox.
Ah! Cool.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 06:42

It removed my bookmarks bar. All it said was "click here to import bookmarks" where all of my bookmark were.
This is gonna sound silly, but when you hit Ctrl+Shift+B, does anything happen?
Old 20 Jan 2015, 16:59

Originally Posted by nerbert View Post
Chrome's dev tools have a lot of the stuff I need, but I like the firebug interface better. You can see template names in firebug and you may easily add CSS to any of the CSS files. I'm just very comfortable using firebug.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)