Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
[tk] Egg Avatar Details »
[tk] Egg Avatar
Developer Last Online: Apr 2013 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 3.8.1 Rating: (25 votes - 4.84 average) Installs: 199
Released: 14 Mar 2009 Last Update: 14 Apr 2009 Downloads: 1643
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files Translations  

A Support Project using the vBulletin Project Tool has been created to support this mod. Please make use of it if you can. Timely support will still be given in this thread, however, use of the project tool is appreciated because:
  1. I paid for it
  2. It makes searching for problems already asked by other users, and possibly solved, much easier than this long thread.
  3. It helps organize and manage issues for me, which will become even more useful as I release more mods.

Description:
Ever want to throw something at someone when you read a post? Now you can! Eggs, kisses, bullets, and more.

Video Demonstration Link

Special Notes:
  • Due to some complicated issues involving the coding for animated gifs, largely black eggs (like the bullethole) do not display properly. All that is required, if you make or find your own eggs, is that large black areas be converted to a dark grey or dark blue. I've already done this with the newest bullethole.gif, and as you can see it's not a big issue but I wanted to make everyone aware of it.
  • If you wish to uninstall please upgrade to the lastest version first, as older versions may not uninstall cleanly.

Upcoming 2.5 new features
  • Automatic (optional) integration with [tk] Post Notes (post note of "Username: Threw a <thing> at you." or "Username: Gave you a <thing>" etc.
  • Long promised post stats (how many times a post has been egged, etc.)

Features:
  • Fully Phrased.
  • Fully AJAX.
  • Can be configured to work with any credits system, or not use credits (default).
  • Comes configured for vbCredits (just turn on 'Enable Credits' in the admincp options).
  • Integrated with vB Optimise.
  • Manage your own egg images (enable/disable/delete/add).
  • Optionally have eggings effect user reputation.
  • Optional 'Who Egged Me' display in UserCP.
  • 'Eggs' can be cleaned away.
  • Entire avatars can be wiped clean.
  • Usergroup support for viewing, using, cleaning own and cleaning others.
  • Very configurable.
  • Handles animated avatars (animation stops when egged, starts again when cleaned).
  • Fully supports both GD and ImageMagick. Animated avatars do not stop in ImageMagick.
  • Optional Statistics in What's Going On.

Install:
Download the [tk] EggAvatar_2.3.4.zip file.
Unzip and upload all files in the upload directory to your forum root.
Import the product file in your admincp.
Make sure to set usergroup permissions - all are turned off by default.

Install vbAdvanced Module:
Import and configure the eggblock.xml module via vbAdvanced in your admincp.

Upgrade:
Download the [tk] EggAvatar_2.3.4.zip file.
Unzip and upload all files in the upload directory to your forum root.
Import the product file in your admincp - make sure Allow Overwrite is set to 'yes'.

Version History:
1.0 Original Version
1.1 Support for animated avatars
1.1.1 Fixed a couple minor bugs
1.2.0 Fixed a couple bugs and added file system support for avatar storage.
1.2.1 Fixed bug where function not compiled into standard php 4 was being called.
1.2.2 Fixed bug that cause out of place cost info on popup. Fixed so images no longer lose color when thrown.
1.2.3 Fixed some phrasing. Fixed (?) the bug causes database errors for some users.
2.0 Egg Manager (enable, disable, upload your own eggs). Egg tracking (who egged me). Optional reputation change on egging. Numerous small bug fixes, including PNG support.
2.0.1 Fixed bug with editing existing eggs in admincp.
2.0.2 Fixed bug with EI scrolling menu.
2.0.3 Added some missing phrases.
2.0.4 Fixed IE display problem. Put code in admincp image upload to only allow gifs and to resize if needed (max 50x50).
2.1.0 Full support for animated avatars. Eggs uploaded to the eggs directory but not in the database now show in the Egg Image Manager and can be added. Added Who's Online support. Fixed possible bug with missing dateline from url.
2.1.1 Fixed problem where PHP 5 function was being called.
2.2.0 Fixed problem with cleaned avatars missing dateline (really this time). Dropped back to partial animated gif support (animation stops when egged, starts when cleaned). Added checks and error messages to help with invalid path settings. Fixed bug that caused images not to display in popup. Fixed popup to display properly in all browsers no matter how many eggs are added.
2.2.1 Added additional error checking to the image manager. Fixed the upload button in the image manager.
2.2.2 Fixed uninstall issue. Fixed a couple words that weren't phrased.
2.3 Fixed permissions issues. Fixed a couple more words that weren't phrased. Added support for ImageMagick. Added support for vB Optimise. Added statistics on forum home. Changed the fade time so the eggs won't fade if the user hasn't logged in to see them yet.
2.3.1 Fixed bug in vB Optimise integration.
2.3.2 Fixed bug if paths to avatars has a leading '/'.
2.3.3 Another attempt at fixing the pop 'eggs out of the box' issue. Probably my last for a while. Good luck, cross fingers.
2.3.4 Fixes a "can't view if can't egg" permissions problem that has been plaguing some users. Adds a vbAdvanced Module.

Beta Testing Team! Thanks!
acegames

Do not be afraid to click the install button, or whatever

Donations (THANKS!):
10.00 GBP by acegames
$10.00 USD by rule0
$10.00 USD by drupy
$10.00 USD by aztecboi2003
$10.00 USD by TandyServices
$10.00 USD by hIBEES

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
[Release -Gamma / RC1 / RC2]Default Avatar for users with no avatar :) Zachery vBulletin 3.0 Template Modifications 21 27 Jun 2005 10:13
[Release -Gamma / RC1 / RC2]Default Avatar for users with no avatar :) Zachery vBulletin 3.0 Template Modifications 21 07 Jul 2004 20:16

Old 25 Apr 2009, 03:01

Originally Posted by 74corvette View Post
Hambil,

Great mod. Looks like your gonna be a contender for MOTM.

Question maybe some can help with. I running VB 3.7.3. The first thing I noticed is that there is a plugins folder in the archive. I do not have that folder on my site, regardless I uploaded everything and created the plugins folder and copied up eggavatar_forumhome_complete.php. I installed the product and it seemed to install fine however, now all memebers avatar show a broken link. This is the same members avatar link Prior to installing
http://www.buellforums.com/forum/ima...ine=1238208311
and After installing
http://www.buellforums.com/forum/egg...old=image.php?

Any suggestions ? FYI I do have VBA installed and a custom template. No vboptmise.
Any help is greatly appreciated, this looks to be a fun mod.
That is odd. I would first reupload the file in case it is corrupted.

You don't, by chance, have 'none' set for your Image Processing Library in "vBulletin Options->Image Settings" do you?

Last edited by hambil; 25 Apr 2009 at 03:27.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 12:40

Thanks for your responce. I have GD set for image processing. My guess is that it might have something to do with the custom style from vbskins or something related to a postbit template. What do you think about the plugins folder, was I correct in just creating it ? Tried redownloading and reinstalling too.

Last edited by 74corvette; 25 Apr 2009 at 13:11.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 13:05

Yes, creating the plugins folder was correct. There is no plugins folder in vB. It is a convention used by many mods when they want to move plugin code into a file to save memory.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 15:23

Feature Request
Send PM/Email to notify user that userX threw egg at particular post. Go to post link or throw egg back link

Thanks again for a great mod
Old 25 Apr 2009, 16:38

Originally Posted by hambil View Post
It looks like a style issue, but I'm happy to keep plugging away at it with you until we figure it out.
Thanks hambil. That would be great if you could help me figure it out. Many of my members have expressed interest in this mod working.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 18:16

Originally Posted by JHC View Post
Thanks hambil. That would be great if you could help me figure it out. Many of my members have expressed interest in this mod working.
I'm with you on this one, usually I can figure out thats causing the problem but not in this case. Hambil, if you (have time) and think you can fix it I'd be willing to $ you. Shoot me a PM and let me know. PS I installed the 2.04 version and I was able to see the my avatars but could not tell if the product was install. I assume there would be a link or something in the postbit to bring up the pop-up but I didn't see. My board is pretty moded so I might be past the point of no return on this one.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 11:03

any chance this could be made to work with living avatars pro place avatar in postbit/siggie ? so living avatar will get splatted instead of avatar
Old 28 Apr 2009, 13:09

Bump...

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...&postcount=737
Old 01 May 2009, 16:27

Some of user avatars cant be cleaned up, If I throw towel it says 'avatar is already clean'

And they got something as 10-15 eggs kisses ect...cant even see poor avatar
Old 03 May 2009, 21:38

I have the same problem. Not even admin can clean the avatars.
Old 03 May 2009, 21:52

Brilliant! I love it...I think my users will love it, too! Thanks!
Old 11 May 2009, 16:59

Does anyone know of any "Default Avatar" mods that this app will work with?
Old 17 May 2009, 15:36

whats this? and how to move that ico to that line above?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eggs.jpg (61.0 KB, 36 views)
Old 17 May 2009, 16:30

Installed this mod today, and now all of the avatars are red X's. When I click to egg an avatar, I get a Javascript error. Sounds like a pretty cool mod, but if it's going to cause problems on the board, I'm going to uninstall it.
Old 17 May 2009, 17:26

thank you hambil great mod installed

I hope in the next version it would support forums with right ==> left for the styles cuz i got to do some edit for the align in the mod @[email protected] even though my knowledge about coding near to nothing but i changed the left align to right and it worked fine
awesome mod too much fun and works good with vbcredits,

1-I hope in the next release if u can add option to clean all without paying credit for mods or for the group permission
2- if the good and bad eggs got separated in the list so the user would know if it good or bad
3- if u can add a massive import for egg gif from a directory at the server then the admin can edit info for each one or a master edit for good or bad it would be much easier this way for adding new eggs rather than add one by one ^^ one more thing it would be more awesome if every egg have its own price to pay for it

thank you hambil

Last edited by adc-arab; 17 May 2009 at 17:32.