Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10 Aug 2014, 19:28

Correct, so if you see something that has been modified, and you don't remember modifying it, best to check into it.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 19:30

Checking them all now, nothing amiss so far.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 19:32

When is the last time you updated TapaTalk, I remember there was a vulneribility in it back in May or so.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 19:34

Also have you checked your notices to see if there is anything in there?
Old 10 Aug 2014, 19:34

Under 'Forums' that mod tells me "4 forums contain potentially malicious code" - but I have no idea why or how to check them. All the other warnings seem to be false positives.

I have scanned all files with ClamAV and Sucuri server side scanner, nothing turned up.

--------------- Added 10 Aug 2014 at 19:37 ---------------

Tapatalk is currently the latest version. I upgraded it a few weeks before any of the problems started. Before that I was running an older version of it for a while.

Nothing unusual in notices, only the ones that I made.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 19:39

Does it happen to list the forums?
Old 10 Aug 2014, 19:41

Yea it does list the forums. Checking them, it seems to flag the forums that have an HTML link in the forum description. Nothing harmful, just internal links pointing to rules etc.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 19:45

If you allow any group to use even the admin group you should never allow html to be used
Old 10 Aug 2014, 19:48

Hmmm, I am at a loss then. Sounds like you might just have to pay someone to clean up your site.

If you decide to go that route, I would suggest, TheLastSuperman, he has done quite a few cleanup's after a hack on boards.

Last edited by ozzy47; 10 Aug 2014 at 19:55.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 19:50

Originally Posted by ForceHSS View Post
If you allow any group to use even the admin group you should never allow html to be used
Can you explain this more?
Old 10 Aug 2014, 19:53

He is talking about, ACP --> Forums & Moderators --> Forum Manager, in each forum you have a option, Allow HTML that should always be NO

Which I know is not what you were talking about.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 19:54

Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
Hmmm, I am at a loss then. Sounds like you might just have to pay someone to clean up your site.

If you decide to go that route, I would suggest, TheLastSuperman, he has gone quite a few cleanup's after a hack on boards.
Thanks a lot for your time and help ozzy. I'm at a loss as well.

If it were a vulnerability in VB core, I would expect to find more people posting similar stories. How it's happening on my site is eluding me though.

I think searching the Apache raw access logs may reveal the exploit being used, but I don't know what to search for.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 19:54

There is also a option in each user group that it needs disabled
Old 10 Aug 2014, 19:55

Yeah I would not be sure what to look for either.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 19:55

Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
He is talking about, ACP --> Forums & Moderators --> Forum Manager, in each forum you have a option, Allow HTML that should always be NO

Which I know is not what you were talking about.
Ok, that is set to NO of course.