Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 20 Jun 2010, 03:47
asabet asabet is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
False alarm! Vibrant had just been slow in updating. Everything is working properly.

For what it's worth, I emailed both Vibrant and DrivingRevenue early this (Saturday) morning about the perceived problem. I got a very fast response from DrivingRevenue, which was great! The main thing I wanted to hear was that the two scripts have been used on other sites without problems, so when I heard that, I figured it was just delayed reporting from Vibrant.

Also, the revenue yesterday from DR was good! Better than average for what I make from Adsense or Vibrant in a day.

So far, so good with DrivingRevenue on our site.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 24 Jun 2010, 16:08
DrivingRevenue DrivingRevenue is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Glad to hear everything worked out.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04 Aug 2010, 17:57
jmw jmw is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Man, I still don't understand how this drivingrevenue works. Now they got bought by Viglink. I got a large forum but how do I make money with this?
__________________
Bertha you know what?? ENOUGH!!!! GIT BACK IN THE DAMN TRAILER AND GIT US BOYS MORE BEER WOMAN!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04 Aug 2010, 23:26
DrivingRevenue DrivingRevenue is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Originally Posted by jmw View Post
Man, I still don't understand how this drivingrevenue works. Now they got bought by Viglink. I got a large forum but how do I make money with this?
it's pretty straight forward, we simply convert existing retailer links into affiliate links.

If the user clicking the link makes a purchase with the retailer within a specified time, you receive a percentage of the sale as commission for sending the traffic.

You simply install a few lines of JavaScript into the footer template. That's all there is to do.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05 Aug 2010, 16:06
BirdOPrey5's Avatar
BirdOPrey5 BirdOPrey5 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Real name: Joe D.
Why would I not just re-write my amazon and ebay links to add my own affiliate code using a mod like AME, which is what I currently do... are you able to offer better percentages then I could get on my own?
__________________
-Joe
Former vb.org Moderator. Retired.

@BirdOPrey5 | All Things BOP5 | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I no longer making new VB mods, sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05 Aug 2010, 17:39
Marco van Herwaarden Marco van Herwaarden is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Please ask such question on their own support forums, vBulletin.org is not the place for this.
__________________
Marco van Herwaarden
Ex vBulletin.org Coordinator
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05 Aug 2010, 17:59
BirdOPrey5's Avatar
BirdOPrey5 BirdOPrey5 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Real name: Joe D.
Originally Posted by Marco van Herwaarden View Post
Please ask such question on their own support forums, vBulletin.org is not the place for this.
I hear you, I will stop- but FYI they don't have support forums, at least not public ones.
__________________
-Joe
Former vb.org Moderator. Retired.

@BirdOPrey5 | All Things BOP5 | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I no longer making new VB mods, sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06 Aug 2010, 04:05
Marco van Herwaarden Marco van Herwaarden is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
That is not our problem.

But i assume that if they dont have a forum, they will have other means of contacting them with questions.
__________________
Marco van Herwaarden
Ex vBulletin.org Coordinator
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06 Aug 2010, 15:56
BSMedia BSMedia is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Originally Posted by DrivingRevenue View Post
it's pretty straight forward, we simply convert existing retailer links into affiliate links.

If the user clicking the link makes a purchase with the retailer within a specified time, you receive a percentage of the sale as commission for sending the traffic.

You simply install a few lines of JavaScript into the footer template. That's all there is to do.
so you're basically hijacking all links and turning them in to personal affiliate links?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06 Aug 2010, 22:54
DrivingRevenue DrivingRevenue is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
Why would I not just re-write my amazon and ebay links to add my own affiliate code using a mod like AME, which is what I currently do... are you able to offer better percentages then I could get on my own?
With Amazon most individuals can only attain the 4% commission revenue tier on their own, while we always hit the 8.5% tier. So with our normal 25% rev share, you'd receive 6.375% commission on Amazon sales. As for eBay, we properly affiliatize all eBay links in every country, the rewrite hack on this site, does not.

Also, we have roughly 12,500 affiliate programs in our system that we monetize, try managing that on your own, even with a dedicated staff it's difficult and time consuming.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:41.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: