Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
AutoLinker Lite, keyword linker for vBulletin 3.7 and 4.x, and vbcms Details »
AutoLinker Lite, keyword linker for vBulletin 3.7 and 4.x, and vbcms
Developer Last Online: Feb 2016 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.2 Rating: (8 votes - 4.75 average) Installs: 79
Released: 26 Mar 2010 Last Update: 17 Oct 2014 Downloads: 703
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Additional Files  

AutoLinker Lite is a keyword linker for vBulletin 3.7 upwards, 4.x, and vBulletin CMS. It allows the webmaster to configure particular words or phrases as keywords, which will then be automatically linked when they appear in user posts. As well as being hyperlinked, keywords can have pop-over info boxes, as in the image below:

These info boxes are highly configurable (colours, borders, fade in/fade out effect etc), and can contain html - meaning you can embed images, videos etc. Balloon-style boxes are also supported.

AutoLinker Lite has a flexible permissions system, allowing you to control which forums a given link appears in, and which usergroups it is visible too.

This is a free version of a commercial product, and contains a limit on the number of AutoLinks that you may create. Other than that, it is fully functional.

Please note that AutoLinks in the CMS do not work in vBulletin 4.0.0 and 4.0.1. 4.0.2 and upwards are fine.

A couple more images to hopefully whet your appetite:

Some of the things you can do with HTML:

Admin control panel:

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Geek Auto-Linker 4.5 LITE The Geek vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 206 06 Jul 2011 17:21
Major Additions AutoLinker Lite, keyword linker for vBulletin 3.7 and 4.x, and vbcms kermit2 Modification Graveyard 2 25 Mar 2010 15:57

Old 02 Aug 2010, 02:58

A quick question: I've installed this and made 2 links. On my test page one works the other doesn't, any suggestion as to why?
Old 02 Aug 2010, 08:08

I'd be happy to take a look if you want to give me the URL (and the words that should be linked)
Old 03 Aug 2010, 03:19

I figured it out kermit2 but now I'm trying it again with a two word link but only the first word of each two word link is the link, is this the way it's supposed to work?

ex: "linked word" shows only "linked" as the link.
Old 03 Aug 2010, 17:52

No, definitely not - it should be linking both words.

The only reason it should be happening this way is if you have "linked" and "linked word" as two different AutoLinks. In that situation the first might take priority
Old 03 Aug 2010, 18:21

As a linked word I'm using "Red Cone" and "Red" is being linked, this isn't right, correct?
Old 04 Aug 2010, 19:05

No, it's not right - the whole thing should be linked. If you want to send me a URL (via PM if you prefer) I'll happily take a look
Old 05 Aug 2010, 18:06

I figured it out as a conflict with Vault Wiki's linking. It's their link that's bad, not yours. Once I make sure I can totally disable that I'm heading towards your full version. Thanks for the willingness to dig deeper for me.
Old 05 Aug 2010, 22:44

Ordered the full version, thanks!
Old 06 Aug 2010, 14:51

I tried the demo install on our vB 4.0.5 instance.

It worked fine without errors; however there was one thing that put me off using it right now.

I ticked the 'case sensitive' box and expected matches to 'poker' to be replaced with a linked 'poker' but instead it replaced all instances of 'poker', 'Poker', 'poKer' etc.

Probably a minor niggle to most, but I think it is quite important to be able to provide a like-for-like match so the keyword in the post doesnt look out of place!

Uninstalled for the time being.
Old 08 Aug 2010, 00:07

kharmer - I'd been meaning to take a look at this for a while, so thanks for the nudge. I've corrected this in v1.0.6, which is now available for download on this thread
Old 08 Aug 2010, 19:40

Installed for testing ....

Thank you very much for your efforts kermit2 ...

This could be very valuable to our aging demographic membership, by using it to point to reference articles (via links) in your vbCMS system which houses research material.

Will let you know how it works ...

If it does, where can I find the commercial version, although we are a "not for profit" site, so I'm not sure we'd be considered commercial?

Regards,
Badger
Old 01 Oct 2010, 21:41

This is a great plugin, I used it for a while on the lite version. As I was getting ready to purchase I realized this functionality is included in vbseo for which I own a license. So if you have vbseo, this functionality is included there.

By this I do not mean the plugin is not great, just thought that I would share my findings for other users who like me may be new to vbseo and perhaps not realize that this functionality is built into it.

Cheers,
Jose R. Lopez
Old 02 Oct 2010, 00:21

Hi Jose,

Are you sure about this? I don't have the latest version of vbseo, but I have been using it for a couple of years and haven't seen this.

vbseo does have the ability to hyperlink keywords, but those are just standard html anchor links
Old 02 Oct 2010, 22:36

In "header" the following causes a script error in IE8:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

vBulletin™ Version 4.0.7
Attached Images
File Type: gif scripterror.gif (13.0 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Stefanus; 02 Oct 2010 at 22:46. Reason: vBulletin™ Version 4.0.7
Old 03 Oct 2010, 06:10

Originally Posted by momon View Post
This is a great plugin, I used it for a while on the lite version. As I was getting ready to purchase I realized this functionality is included in vbseo for which I own a license. So if you have vbseo, this functionality is included there.

By this I do not mean the plugin is not great, just thought that I would share my findings for other users who like me may be new to vbseo and perhaps not realize that this functionality is built into it.

Cheers,
Jose R. Lopez
Where in vbseo is that? What version is that because I don't see that anywhere.