Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
[DBTech] Member Map v1 (vB4) Details »
[DBTech] Member Map v1 (vB4)
Mod Version: 1.1.2, by DragonByte Tech (Coder) DragonByte Tech is offline
Developer Last Online: Aug 2018 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (18 votes - 4.78 average) Installs: 159
Released: 01 Jan 2013 Last Update: 14 Jun 2018 Downloads: 748
Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Additional Files Translations  

What is Member Map?

Welcome in the new year by showing your community that it's a small world after all!

Show your users' locations can be shown on an interactive google map after being geolocated from their ip addresses.
Also supports the ability to show all users or only those that are currently logged in.
Locations are calculated in batches to ensure smooth performance, or updated by each person using html5 browser location.
Markers can have custom colors per usergroup and features a popup with a mini profile including avatar.

Your forum friends were closer than you thought!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like this mod please hit the button to the right ---->

Please remember to click the, button to the right if you installed the mod ---->

What does 'Marking As Installed' do ?

* It helps you to stay on top of updates - members who have installed modifications will be notified by us whenever new updates are available.

For security issues - vbulletin.org will contact all members who have installed a modification whenever a security issue is brought to their attention.

* Marking a modification as installed also helps us know how many people are using our work, giving us extra incentive to provide more features and new modifications.

We appreciate the support!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other addons available @ www.DragonByte-Tech.com/forum

General Settings
  • Choose whether to show all users or only those logged in, and the default map type
  • Choose the number of users to process per scheduled task run
  • Usergroup setting to change pin color and set if they can access or should be excluded
  • Option to hide the version number in the footer.

This mod displays a copyright notification in the footer of Show Thread and product pages which includes:
  • 1 Link to DragonByte Technologies homepage
  • 1 Link to Product Description page of this modification

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	membermap.jpg
Views:	2088
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	143145  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Major Additions [DBTech] vBShop v3 (vB4) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 589 07 Jun 2018 13:43
Major Additions [DBTech] vBShop v3 (vB3) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 202 24 Sep 2017 01:20
Miscellaneous Hacks [DBTech] vBAvatars v2 (vB4) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 53 28 Feb 2017 14:27
Add-On Releases [DBTech] Inferno vBShout to DBTech vBShout DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 10 22 Mar 2013 20:38
Add-On Releases [DBTech] Inferno vBShout to DBTech vBShout DragonByte Tech vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 6 28 May 2011 12:15

Old 03 Jan 2013, 12:43

That would be something I'd like to see as well.
Old 03 Jan 2013, 13:20

yay says im in Germany when im actually in Liverpool UK, be great if you could manually pin your location, installed anyway..
Old 03 Jan 2013, 22:31

There is another "member map" add-on besides this one that allows manual pinning. I'm running that one until this one gets more features as asked by others here
Old 04 Jan 2013, 20:39

Interested in how you are doing GeoIP... no maxmind?
Old 04 Jan 2013, 21:18

Originally Posted by voglermc View Post
Would like to see it use a profile field option rather than an ip address. I have a profile field set as zip code
This is a good suggestion and a way to work around the IP addresses that are displaying incorrectly.

Admin options
1) Use a profile field as primary source: yes/no
2) What profile field to use?

Then default back to IP address if field is null.

Place a note at the bottom of the map that says something like "If your location is displaying incorrectly please update your profile with your correct location."
Old 04 Jan 2013, 21:41

New update!

Fixes the map loading for guests, and adds the usergroup ability to allow users to optout or manually set their pin's location by dragging it around, updated with ajax.
Old 04 Jan 2013, 21:46

Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
This looks great! I have installed it, but I'm getting a no permission error when I try to view the map; as far as I can see the usergroup permissions (for Admins) are all set to yes.
As long as can access it set to yes, should work. Being excluded only affects the appearance of your pins. I tested this on 4.2 and it works as described; does it not for you?

Originally Posted by Trip3151 View Post
Problem I have it shows the map 3 times

In stead of having 1 large map of the world I have 3 small versions
Zoom in a little.

Originally Posted by andyv72 View Post
Okay it works so far, so good

I see some user on the map but not all of which are registered in the settings even though I have "all" set.
the information of a user is difficult to read because the background is white and the writing!, how can I change this?
You might be able to affect some of the maps styling with CSS

Originally Posted by doctorsexy View Post
It dosnt seem to be showing all users for me aswell....
Your members' locations need to be resolved with your scheduled task, which will depend on how many members you have and how many users you have it set to process. It runs every 10 minutes by default.

Originally Posted by OcR Envy View Post
Interested in how you are doing GeoIP... no maxmind?
It tries to use http://php.net/manual/en/book.geoip.php if it is installed on your server (which is powered by maxmind)
Otherwise this nice webservice I use hostip.info but that might be less accurate.

If other people have various ideas on determining location automatically (or have other IP resolving services) I will see what I can integrate.
Old 05 Jan 2013, 17:25

Originally Posted by Darkwaltz4 View Post
As long as can access it set to yes, should work. Being excluded only affects the appearance of your pins. I tested this on 4.2 and it works as described; does it not for you?.
No.
Old 06 Jan 2013, 03:40

Major problems. When it's on we loose our privet messaging system, and our visitor messages in the profile pages.

When it is working.
Only about 160 of some of the 600+ members are showing up. All the permissions are set to show up on all user groups. The config is set to show ALL members not just active ones. So how do we get them all to show up?
Also is there some way for admins to edit the member locations?

Last edited by camoit; 07 Jan 2013 at 04:35.
Old 08 Jan 2013, 17:20

Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
No.
Originally Posted by camoit View Post
Major problems. When it's on we loose our privet messaging system, and our visitor messages in the profile pages.

When it is working.
Only about 160 of some of the 600+ members are showing up. All the permissions are set to show up on all user groups. The config is set to show ALL members not just active ones. So how do we get them all to show up?
Also is there some way for admins to edit the member locations?

Have either of your installed other addons at the same time as member map? I havent been able to reproduce these errors - and none of the member map code runs during those other pages regardless.

Your members' locations need to load via the scheduled task which runs every 10 mins and processes the amount of users you specify in your settings. Furthermore, not all of your members may have posted which would record their IP address in the system, or their IP address may not have been able to be resolved.

Admins can edit users specifically, but you can enable the ability for members to edit themselves, but they would have to be present and visit the map to do this. Some users may also have opted themselves out.
Old 08 Jan 2013, 19:17

Have either of your installed other addons at the same time as member map? I havent been able to reproduce these errors - and none of the member map code runs during those other pages regardless.
Your DBTech vBQuiz (Pro Version).

Your members' locations need to load via the scheduled task which runs every 10 mins and processes the amount of users you specify in your settings. Furthermore, not all of your members may have posted which would record their IP address in the system, or their IP address may not have been able to be resolved.
No, that doesn't address the problem I had. Users are showing fine; it's that nobody can view the map unless the admin account is set to be excluded from it.
Old 08 Jan 2013, 19:34

Admins can edit users specifically, but you can enable the ability for members to edit themselves, but they would have to be present and visit the map to do this. Some users may also have opted themselves out.
I have other addons but this was the only install we did. I turned off all other addons but that did not make any difference. It's off currently but as soon as it's turned on the pm system and visitor message goes away. You can access the in box and out box. But the link to send the message under the user name goes away. Not sure why yet.

I do not see any new DB tech tables in the DB. I do have your shout box installed but that is the only tables i see.

Oh one thing I did not notice that you say it's for V4.2.X I'm running V4.1.11. Other then them 2 little things it seems to work and looks great. My problem is we can't update to V4.2 with out a "BUNCH" of work to get our style back up to the standard our members have grown accustom to. Is there some way we can entice you to check compatibility? Or look directly at our site? Http://www.mightyram50.net
Thanks.

The pictures show the diferance. First one map is on. Next it's off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (128.4 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled-2.jpg (114.2 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by camoit; 09 Jan 2013 at 03:53.
Old 09 Jan 2013, 15:46

v1.1 Hotfix #1
Fix: Visitor Messages editor did not load for some users after installing Member Map

Fillip
Old 09 Jan 2013, 17:37

Installed and upgraded. It looks to be working. Will report back later. Thank You.
Old 11 Jan 2013, 15:29

Here is what I have now. It is working but it's missing members. Some guys show up then there gone. It's kind of like some of the guys will only show up when on-line, while some are there all the time. Those members can't find them self. I will set the map so visitors can see the map, then you can look at it. Maybe there is a limit on how many can show.
http://www.mightyram50.net