Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 10 Oct 2009, 19:02
Sid_pachi Sid_pachi is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
with everything and everyone selling out.. it doesnt surprise me that the Nobel people are doing it as well.

i'm sure there were much more deserving people. but alas whats done is done.

if you will all excuse me now i have some beer and chips to deal with while i scream at my television.... burp...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11 Oct 2009, 20:55
ericgtr's Avatar
ericgtr ericgtr is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Originally Posted by iogames View Post
In my whole life I never witnessed such cynicism...
A President at War = Nobel Peace Prize???
Looking for the last post from iogames since September not bashing the POTUS...

Nothing.. Go figure.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12 Oct 2009, 04:13
TruthElixirX's Avatar
TruthElixirX TruthElixirX is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Originally Posted by imported_silkroad View Post
Instead of hurling all the negative insults at someone with an obvious high(er) social and political status (and who was honored by the Nobel committee), go work on your forums and do something constructive.....
Because you obviously know everyone here well enough to evaluate if they are of higher social status than Obama.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12 Oct 2009, 18:48
Wayne Luke's Avatar
Wayne Luke Wayne Luke is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Real name: Wayne
Originally Posted by TruthElixirX View Post
He is the leader of a country involved in the following wars:

Afghanistan
Operation Enduring Freedom - Philippines
Operation Enduring Freedom - Horn of Africa
Iraq War
North-West Pakistan
Operation Enduring Freedom - Trans Sahara
Didn't argue this fact. However he didn't instigate any of these conflicts. There are also time when instability is so great that you actually need troops to restore order. Afghanistan has been botched so badly the last 8 years in order to focus on the unnecessary Iraqi conflict that to just leave would cause greater harm. That is on the previous president. When the Afghani government proves it is capable of ruling the country under its established laws and troops are not removed than you can complain. I know you'll bring up Iraq on troop withdrawal but guess what, it is already happening. Slowly but it is happening.

Frankly, I don't know if he deserved it or not. I don't know the true thinking behind the Nobel committee. I suspect we'll find out at the awards ceremony in December. However it is up to Obama to take the award and prove to people that he did deserve it. He has 3 years do so. In 2012, the American public will vote on whether or not he upheld the honor.
__________________
Wayne Luke
Get started with your own social network. Purchase and download vBulletin today.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12 Oct 2009, 18:55
TNCclubman's Avatar
TNCclubman TNCclubman is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
The crusades. Even religion does it so why act like its hypocrisy to get a peace prize while engaged in a war.

Nothing wrong with fighting for peace.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12 Oct 2009, 19:18
imported_silkroad imported_silkroad is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Originally Posted by TruthElixirX View Post
Because you obviously know everyone here well enough to evaluate if they are of higher social status than Obama.
I am sure there are no people here of higher social status than a US President duly elected by the American people.

Writing code and running bulletin boards is not very high on the global social order.

It is easy to sit on the sidelines and toss rocks at others, hurl insults at a standing US President who inherited the current problems (and certainly did not create them) and hurling insults and the Nobel committee.

You can be proud of yourself that you are so good at hurling insulting at people. Congrats! You have proven what a high social position you have in this world, ROTFL
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12 Oct 2009, 19:51
mikey1991's Avatar
mikey1991 mikey1991 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Real name: Mikey
Originally Posted by iogames View Post
TIME, CNN, NYT have a poll (and he's losing in all of them)
Three words: No one cares.

I mean come on, they're newspapers, nothing the media say or do is gonna change the fact that he's won it. I'm not saying I like that he has, but the media is just going to stir up more HATE against the president.

I feel sorry for him, and I'm glad I'm not a slave to the US media, as you obviously are.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12 Oct 2009, 19:58
Floris Floris is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
I vote for no politic discussions on vborg
__________________
My community; http://wetalknation.net
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12 Oct 2009, 20:18
Caddyman's Avatar
Caddyman Caddyman is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Originally Posted by Floris View Post
I vote for no politic discussions on vborg
co-sign
__________________
Delaware Online
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12 Oct 2009, 20:30
mikey1991's Avatar
mikey1991 mikey1991 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Real name: Mikey
Originally Posted by Floris View Post
I vote for no politic discussions on vborg
Agree fully
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12 Oct 2009, 22:38
Brandon Sheley's Avatar
Brandon Sheley Brandon Sheley is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Real name: Brandon
Originally Posted by Floris View Post
I vote for no politic discussions on vborg
I second the motion
__________________

Email me for website help: brandon[at]sheley[dot]org
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12 Oct 2009, 23:25
kevcj's Avatar
kevcj kevcj is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Real name: Kevin
He fooled the American people.

Now he has fooled the world.
__________________
comic forum
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 13 Oct 2009, 10:59
Dean C's Avatar
Dean C Dean C is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Real name: Dean Clatworthy
Originally Posted by Floris View Post
I vote for no politic discussions on vborg
I disagree. As long as people can act like adults, I don't see a problem with discussing interesting issues such as this.
__________________
Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 13 Oct 2009, 12:13
Fergal C Fergal C is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Real name: Fergal Crawley
Personally I admire Obama, but I don't believe that he deserves this award.

Originally Posted by Wayne Luke View Post
...it is up to Obama to take the award and prove to people that he did deserve it. He has 3 years do so...
Surely the NPP should be awarded for achievements to date, not for what someone may or may not do in the next three years?
__________________
Business Advice Forum
Forum Promotion
[Previous username HostBider.com]
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 13 Oct 2009, 16:06
Wayne Luke's Avatar
Wayne Luke Wayne Luke is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Real name: Wayne
Originally Posted by HostBidder.com View Post
Surely the NPP should be awarded for achievements to date, not for what someone may or may not do in the next three years?
I personally agree. However I am not on the committee that decides these things nor am I in any position to change the minds of the private foundation behind this award.
__________________
Wayne Luke
Get started with your own social network. Purchase and download vBulletin today.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 18:48.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: