Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20 Jan 2009, 12:42

Where I live, Circuit City was better 2-to-1 over Best Buy. Best Buy was always higher in price (for what I was shopping for) and the associates were not-so-helpful. In most cases, I either bought from Circuit City or Newegg. Of course, each region is different.

I'll be checking at the end of the month to see what deals they have.

Christianboards.org * Web Design * CIW Certified * My hacks

Check my hacks to see which ones are marked as re-usable.

Please do not contact me through my site for vBulletin matters. These issues should be handled on vBulletin sites. I am not the only person who handles the contact us mail for my site.
Old 20 Jan 2009, 19:44

Originally Posted by Roms View Post
I was never a big fan of Circuit city... over priced and poor service..
Really? I always found their prices to be better than Best Buy which is just across the street. The only time Best Buy would beat them in price is if item was on sale. If it was, I just took the flyer into Circuit City and asked them if they had the item and what the price was. They always matched it.

As for customer service, the local Best Buy requires that you give your photo ID to the security guard so that you can get a key to use the restroom. When you return the key, you can have your ID back. They actually have three cameras in the hallway leading to the restroom and a security guard at the beginning of the hallway.

My local Best Buy also lacks prices for many items on the shelf. If you want to find out what the price is, the customer service representative on the floor will tell you that you have to wait in line at the registers even though they can do item lookups at numerous computers around the store. If you had a question about a product they could never answer it either. They would go to the card on the aisle or look on the box to try and answer questions. If those things answered my questions, I wouldn't ask them.

I am very sad that Circuit City is closing.
Old 20 Jan 2009, 21:11

Same here on paragraphs one and three.

Christianboards.org * Web Design * CIW Certified * My hacks

Check my hacks to see which ones are marked as re-usable.

Please do not contact me through my site for vBulletin matters. These issues should be handled on vBulletin sites. I am not the only person who handles the contact us mail for my site.
Old 20 Jan 2009, 21:55

Originally Posted by Wayne Luke View Post
Really? I always found their prices to be better than Best Buy which is just across the street. The only time Best Buy would beat them in price is if item was on sale. If it was, I just took the flyer into Circuit City and asked them if they had the item and what the price was. They always matched it.

As for customer service, the local Best Buy requires that you give your photo ID to the security guard so that you can get a key to use the restroom. When you return the key, you can have your ID back. They actually have three cameras in the hallway leading to the restroom and a security guard at the beginning of the hallway.

My local Best Buy also lacks prices for many items on the shelf. If you want to find out what the price is, the customer service representative on the floor will tell you that you have to wait in line at the registers even though they can do item lookups at numerous computers around the store. If you had a question about a product they could never answer it either. They would go to the card on the aisle or look on the box to try and answer questions. If those things answered my questions, I wouldn't ask them.

I am very sad that Circuit City is closing.
I've always had a good experience with Best Buy, but I don't live in California either... LOL

- Roms, \m/ Rock on!

"We are the vBorg. You will be assimilated!"

Please do not contact me via PM or E-Mail to answer questions about a modification, please use the relevant thread or forum. I don't do custom work.